Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It did indeed

Q8P6hFJ.jpg?1

I really enjoyed the episode, I wish they spent more time on the Mother's story instead of all of the filler nonsense they've been doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I loved last night it was what this show was all about. I loved that we finally are getting close to the big meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I actually enjoyed that episode and her story. :)

So much, I went "Oh yeah, that whole thing." when they went back to Lily, Marshal, Barney and Ted at the end during her song.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Two very good back to back episodes in years. Last night was brilliant, there should have been more focus on her story and not all that crap we were made watch for the last few weeks. Hoping this keeps uo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I also enjoyed the episode, but it didn't really fill me with much desire to see the spinoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I also enjoyed the episode, but it didn't really fill me with much desire to see the spinoff.

The spinoff isn't her though. How I Met Your Father is a completely new character trying to find 'the one'. Basically a female Ted...despite the fact one of the points of HIMYM was subverting the woman looking for love trope. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The spinoff isn't her though. How I Met Your Father is a completely new character trying to find 'the one'. Basically a female Ted...despite the fact one of the points of HIMYM was subverting the woman looking for love trope. :rolleyes:

It didn't really subvert that trope very well seeing as Ted is more of a woman than most women.

It didn't really subvert that trope very well seeing as Ted is more of a woman than most women.

Well in the beginning at least they seemed to be trying to subvert it since he was looking for his soulmate and Robin didn't want anything serious. They also did all of this while making them seem like real people whereas now they're all hideous caricatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Irrelevant. I know it's not going to be the show from 'the mother's' perspective, but I meant it's clear any show that is a spinoff is going to be along the same lines and basically going to be HIMYM with a woman lead (who'll probably be 'butch' and not fill the female trope...) boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Two really fine episodes in a row, well I'll be damned. Though it does make me more annoyed at the amount of tosh we've gotten. I wish they'd made it a 12-15 episode season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Not a bad episode at all, though I did have an unintentional laugh at how the mother is practically virginal as her first relationship was painted as if it would have been "Lily/Marshall 2.0" if he hadn't died. Then she was celibate for years until she met Hulk Jr, who loved her so much he would have married her. All the while Ted is filling his kids in on his many years of being a raging slut.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

After seeing the last episode

tumblr_mbtblx3JJY1qgsr1po1_500.gif

it truely was one of the best episodes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

looks like they are going out with a bang, which is great to see, i remember hearing that all of this season would be based over the wedding and thought what an unbelievably sh1te idea that was, but i must say they have done a fine job, im really looking forward to the end,

i also really like that they have shown the mother and ted married and with kids, nice touch

I just realised the meaning of the children's names, they are called after Ted's lucky penny (Luk - e Penny) that lost him the job in Chicago in S2. What are the odds that the coin was originally the mother's?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'll Admit i laughed too much at this

Luke is called Luke because Ted loves Star wars. He always says he's naming his kids Luke and Leia. I think you're right about the penny though.

phasers wrote: »
    Luke is called Luke because Ted loves Star wars. He always says he's naming his kids Luke and Leia. I think you're right about the penny though.

Yup all the theories I've heard is she's Penny because he likes/is interested in pennies and he's Luke because of Star Wars. Did the mother not get a say? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Yup all the theories I've heard is she's Penny because he likes/is interested in pennies and he's Luke because of Star Wars. Did the mother not get a say? :P

The mother said to Rachael bilson something along the lines of "you should have taken him into to see my lame penny collection" after she said that Ted seemed to like everything of hers!

So I would presume that she would have had a big say in her name?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

This is Ted we're talking about, of course she had no say...... :P

Ted found his lucky penny in S2, the mother is probably the person who lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So they completely blow off the spin off show in a half an hour, well 20 minutes. The wife spends years getting over the love of her life, then she's going out & living with someone who wants to marry her and then in 1 year meets and gets engaged to the next love of her life.

This show annoys me but I can't stop watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Clareman wrote: »
    So they completely blow off the spin off show in a half an hour, well 20 minutes. The wife spends years getting over the love of her life, then she's going out & living with someone who wants to marry her and then in 1 year meets and gets engaged to the next love of her life.

This show annoys me but I can't stop watching it.

The spin off is supposed to be on a different set of characters i think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Huh? The spinoff show involves the story of a completely new set of characters, not Teds wifes story. They've recently announced the characters.
    "How I Met Your Father" will revolve around Sally, Juliet, Frank, Future Sally and gay married couple Danny & Todd.

^ That's in reply to Claremans post.

TVline posted a description of the spinoff gang, and it sounds horrible.
    SALLY | She’s vibrant, messy and unpredictable — a “female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she’s going in life.” She’s thinking of calling it quits with her husband of a year, Gavin. She’ll lean on her circle of friends for advice and support through the inevitable divorce. That circle includes…

JULIET | Sally’s sexy, flamboyant, energetic, party-girl BFF. She runs a successful fashion blog. She’s delighted to learn Sally is ending things with the terminally boring Gavin.

DANNY | Sally’s older gay brother, a Type A, overachieving lawyer whom she shares little in common with. They nonetheless share a tight bond, although Sally’s decision to move in with Danny after her split with Gavin promises to test that bond.

TODD | Danny’s warm, outgoing husband and one of Sally’s closest friends from college. Unlike Danny, Todd welcomes Sally into their home.

FRANK | The head of IT for Juliet’s fashion blog. He’s a hot nerd. He has genuine feelings for Sally, but it’s a one-sided flirtation. At least for the moment.

NARRATOR | It’s Sally from the future. She’s reliving the events of her past to her kids.

phasers wrote: »

See on the hand this sounds awful. On the other only one sounds like rehash of an existing character whereas I thought all of them would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Those descriptions are always going to sound pretty terrible. I'm sure the original character outlines were just as bad.

Interesting that they're going with the 'currently married' angle. That actually sounds somewhat interesting and sets it apart from the original and any other sitcom I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

When HIMYM finishes up ill be jumping of this boat, dont think i will give that new show a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sounds like it is going to be That 80's Show all over again

Lawyers and journalists/bloggers are such TV careers, aren't they? In TV land, lawyers work 4 hours a week and make about $50,000 a month :pac:

• Advertisement

Robin did a Poochie and flew out of the show! That scene was embarrassing.

Holy crap this episode looked atrocious! I think their green screen is from 1992 or something, that scene on the bridge looked like a bad B-movie!

Weird visuals aside, the episode was... ok. It wasn't funny but at least it seems that Ted if finally over Robin, and the story progressed a bit.

Advertisement