Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

then um, how do you explain the children? robin can't have children. plus ted has been calling robin aunt robin for the last nine seasons. unless older ted is about to reveal to the children that there adopted.

what about that entire scene with him proposing to the mother at the lighthouse? was that all a dream? :( i just really don't want ted to end up with robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    then um, how do you explain the children? robin can't have children. plus ted has been calling robin aunt robin for the last nine seasons. unless older ted is about to reveal to the children that there adopted.

what about that entire scene with him proposing to the mother at the lighthouse? was that all a dream? :( i just really don't want ted to end up with robin.

Well I think most people's theory is he end up with the mother she has kids (we've seen a flashforward of her in labour after all and then she dies and remarries to Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I must of missed it, what theoretically happens to Barney for Robin and Ted to end up together? To me the final episode has to feature the death of someone, most likely the mother.

guttenberg wrote: »
    I must of missed it, what theoretically happens to Barney for Robin and Ted to end up together? To me the final episode has to feature the death of someone, most likely the mother.
    We don't know but a lot of people,myself included, got the impression when Robin's mum asked her if she had anyone she could depend on she was thinking of Ted, not Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

This could be a long shot but here I go..

So since it's been confirmed by Craig and Carter that someone dies in the last episode, could it be
    Daisy
    ?

Hear me out..
    If Daisy dies it would kinda make sense about what the mother said last week about a mother not going to her daughter's wedding. And also, a good few episodes ago, when Lily and Marshall are bringing Marvin to Wesleyan for college they talk about going home to an empty house. There's what, a year and a bit of an age difference between Marvin and Daisy? She'd hardly be old enough to move out..
    Hmm. I should join the Mosby Boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

This could be a long shot but here I go..

So since it's been confirmed by Craig and Carter that someone dies in the last episode, could it be
    Daisy
    ?

Hear me out..
    If Daisy dies it would kinda make sense about what the mother said last week about a mother not going to her daughter's wedding. And also, a good few episodes ago, when Lily and Marshall are bringing Marvin to Wesleyan for college they talk about going home to an empty house. There's what, a year and a bit of an age difference between Marvin and Daisy? She'd hardly be old enough to move out..
    Hmm. I should join the Mosby Boys.

That's exactly what I said yesterday. It makes an awful lot of sense but it would be a horrible way to end it!

Also have they definitely confirmed someone dies? I haven't seen anything but obviously I could have missed it

allym wrote: »
    That's exactly what I said yesterday. It makes an awful lot of sense but it would be a horrible way to end it!

Also have they definitely confirmed someone dies? I haven't seen anything but obviously I could have missed it

Great minds! ;)

Yep, look at the video on this
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/496653/20130805/met-mother-season-9-someone-s-going.htm#.UyCLZDIgGSM

They say something about the wedding but I can't imagine someone actually dying at the wedding. I'm sure we'll see ted and the mothers wedding and maybe someone will die just before that? Maybe Barney because if he was a groomsman that would really interrupt their wedding plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Since the theme song for every touching moment lately is band of horses the funeral could it all be a clue?
    Two decent episodes in a row hmmm come on the last two.

Tonight's episode was so good.
    Loved how they showed how some other characters ended up and all that, when they say (and I'm sure they will) what happened to the main characters it will be so amazing and just a sort of closure.
    Unbelievably happy that
    we find out Blah Blah's name...CAROL!
    Makes me think we'll find out about the pineapple incident! Think I heard somewhere that Marshall knows how it got there.
    I heard we would be seeing the first date but I actually really liked how it was done. Seeing them kiss for the first time gave me butterflies unlike any I've gotten before! :P
    I loved how The Mother initiated the kiss. When they were looking at each other I imaged the voice-over to say something like "I wasn't sure on my first date with Robin that she wanted to kiss me, but with your mother, I knew" or something like that!

You know the end is near and to be honest it's so sad to me. How I met your mother saw me through some of the worst times of my life and I grew up with it, it would be very hard to not feel sentimental towards it for me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Agreed that was a brilliant episode, great to see some old faces too. Sad its nearly over too, it was the first ever show i got properly into so kind of surreal moment now that its nearly done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 john987098

Raf32 wrote: »
    Agreed that was a brilliant episode, great to see some old faces too. Sad its nearly over too, it was the first ever show i got properly into so kind of surreal moment now that its nearly done.

I really can't wait to see it. But can I ask what method do you use to watch it ,the night It's broadcast. Thanks for your help .

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Good episode, as said it was nice to find out what happened old characters. Do I understand it right,we've one more episode next week, then the double finale the following week? When is that cast interview with Wayne Brady being aired?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Does Gary Blauman have some significance I'm forgetting or did they use him for this episode because he's kind of a non-entity?

It was nice seeing the supporting characters' futures, particularly James, Ranjit and Blitz. I knew exactly what was coming when I saw Blitz at the slot machine and I still loved it.

guttenberg wrote: »
    Good episode, as said it was nice to find out what happened old characters. Do I understand it right,we've one more episode next week, then the double finale the following week? When is that cast interview with Wayne Brady being aired?

Not sure when it's being aired but the full thing is on YouTube. Watched it yesterday morning and even though it's kinda long it's so worth it.

The date stuff was cute, the Gary Blauman stuff was dire and boring. Loved seeing how things worked out for the recurring characters. Overall another crappy episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I wonder will we ever find out who the fecking mother is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

^ i am LOLing at the posters...for seasons lots of you have been bitching saying the show is sh*te and only watching ouy of loyality, see the mother or just to finish off the series.....now yer all gushing and mourning its passing. Next ye'll be saying its the greatest comedy since Friends or Cheers.....you lot have short memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

jenjenten wrote: »
    ^ i am LOLing at the posters...for seasons lots of you have been bitching saying the show is sh*te and only watching ouy of loyality, see the mother or just to finish off the series.....now yer all gushing and mourning its passing. Next ye'll be saying its the greatest comedy since Friends or Cheers.....you lot have short memories!

ahhh now, that's pushing it.

It's over. Whaaa???? :eek:

I liked the show, used to watch in college but then stopped watching.....and never really got back to watching it.

Whose the mother and since when is it over??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What lot? Not one of the above posters who really enjoyed the episode have been on boards for two years. The longer-term posters enjoyed parts, thought other bits were meh.

• Advertisement

maguic24 wrote: »
    It's over. Whaaa???? :eek:

I liked the show, used to watch in college but then stopped watching.....and never really got back to watching it.

Whose the mother and since when is it over??

It's not over just yet, two more episodes to go.

It's not over just yet, two more episodes to go.

B*tches be tripping!!!:eek: What season is it on now? I'll have to go back and figure out where I left off.

maguic24 wrote: »
    B*tches be tripping!!!:eek: What season is it on now? I'll have to go back and figure out where I left off.

Season 9. I don't know if it's worth it to be honest. Quality's been declining since season 5. Good episodes now and then but over all it's no where near as good as they early seasons.

Not exactly. I have not loved every episode from season 8 and 9 but I've always found something enjoyable in each one. If I disliked it I would not watch it.
    The reason people are "gushing" is because after 9 years it's coming to an end and although not all the episodes were the best, the long time viewers know the show is gonna go out with a bang and they are getting excited for it because the not so great episodes will be worth it in the end. The intensity of the show ending also reminds viewers why they started watching it in the first place.

HIMYM has always been better than Friends to me, and I'm a die hard Friends fan, I'm constantly rewatching the DVDs. Although HIMYM has a lot of stories in common with Friends (psychologist boyfriends analysing the group, on again off again relationships, among with many other things) the portrayal of the events in HIMYM has been far superior, and I love the emotions in the show. I also love the continuity and the subtle clues such as when Ted was doing a crossword and he said "Vesuvius, that doesn't fit" and people are speculating that what happened in the episode Vesuvius was a red herring. Friends didn't really have any of that, it had some amazing moments and hilarious moments but for me, HIMYM will always be better even though some of the episodes weren't amazing compared to the earlier seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Think I missed the point of Gary Blauman, or else that was all more filler?

The date was adorable, especially the awkward hug.

I'll admit the sweep of all the secondary characters was lovely and got to me a bit :o:)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Think I missed the point of Gary Blauman, or else that was all more filler?

The date was adorable, especially the awkward hug.

I'll admit the sweep of all the secondary characters was lovely and got to me a bit :o:)

I think the whole point of him being there was said at the end, about how you lose connections with people as you get older, which tied in with the montage at the end.

It definitely got to me! Cried my little heart out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ted's story was supposed to be about getting a meal in a restaurant without a reservation, but the story had nothing to do with that, clearly a few more marbles short than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

stevenmu wrote: »
    Ted's story was supposed to be about getting a meal in a restaurant without a reservation, but the story had nothing to do with that, clearly a few more marbles short than normal.

Well it was about how Blauman got to go to the wedding (and have a meal) when he hadn't been confirmed. So it kinda was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

Anyone else hoping for one last appearance of Robin Sparkles before the end?!

Advertisement