Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

this is a weird question, but how long was the last episode? When I watched it on
    Monday evening I could have swore it was on for over an hour but now when I start the video it says 47 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

47:55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Really enjoyed that. Not a fan of Joan anymore tho.

Glad to see lou out in his place . Horrible character.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that. Not a fan of Joan anymore tho.

Glad to see lou out in his place . Horrible character.

On Lou, Hes a really really abrasive character you can't even love to hate him, Presumably that's what they were going for and he nails it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

I'm enjoying this series. Hard to know where it will go from here to the end.

Just a quick question - did anything ever happen with Peggy's baby? Could that re-emerge as a story again?
    I'm wondering could Peggy and Don end up together....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

The look on Pete's face when Peggy started the pitch talking about the 10 year old boy at home in her house watching tv!!

Also the actor who played Bert had a stellar musical career so it's a nice little tribute to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

NEDDURC wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this series. Hard to know where it will go from here to the end.

Just a quick question - did anything ever happen with Peggy's baby? Could that re-emerge as a story again?
    I'm wondering could Peggy and Don end up together....

I think it would be sh*t writing for them to cook up a romance between the two of them for the last 7 episodes.

Leave a bad taste in my mouth if they did but I can see where you are coming from with the possibility that it could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Im not sure the series now warrants such a huge wait for the final few episodes...its not really event Tv...and this series certainly wasnt a patch on the earlier ones, they should have just went out with a bang, at least make it memorable in some way, expectations at this stage for the last series will never be met

youngblood wrote: »
    Im not sure the series now warrants such a huge wait for the final few episodes...its not really event Tv...and this series certainly wasnt a patch on the earlier ones, they should have just went out with a bang, at least make it memorable in some way, expectations at this stage for the last series will never be met

What series would you describe as "event tv", I wouldn't write it off yet we are only half way through the season and the finale will prob be a longer episode. The latest episode gives me allot of hope.

Also It doesn't need to go out with a bang, what we want is closure with all the main characters. What ever the ending is I will find it memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

What series would you describe as "event tv", I wouldn't write it off yet we are only half way through the season and the finale will prob be a longer episode. The latest episode gives me allot of hope.

Also It doesn't need to go out with a bang, what we want is closure with all the main characters. What ever the ending is I will find it memorable.

Series such as Lost, Friends etc which were huge rating series and generated huge amount of press with their finales/final seasons, would be classed as event tv.....

The split of a year for a final season of a show which was not a massive ratings series just seems a little grandiose, thats all.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the series, even the mediocre ones and its finale will also be memorable to me as a fan..

• Advertisement

Series such as Lost, Friends etc which were huge rating series and generated huge amount of press with their finales/final seasons, would be classed as event tv.....

The split of a year for a final season of a show which was not a massive ratings series just seems a little grandiose, thats all.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the series, even the mediocre ones and its finale will also be memorable to me as a fan..

They decided on the split long before they knew what the ratings would be. The quality of a TV show has nothing to do with viewership or press generated in fact usually the higher these two are the less lightly I will be watching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

ya finished this wed-as a mad man fan from day one the last 2 series 5 and 6 were complete ****e but 7 was very good

The only "event TV" in recent years then is 2 and a Half Men :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

First class television. So good. Them splitting it up is some kick in the balls though.

Also, Joan needs a good kick to the face.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Was rather glued to the finale. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,904 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Harry Cranes scene was brilliant, "None of your beeswax". Good episode, loved the way they showed the moon landings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Thargor wrote: »
    Harry Cranes scene was brilliant, "None of your beeswax". Good episode, loved the way they showed the moon landings.

I love Harry. So glad they kept him around. In the first few seasons the banter between Harry, Ken, Pete, and Kinsey was always a highlight.

I've always seen Don and Peggy as a father/daughter relationship, if the writers kick in a romance I won't be happy.

Can anyone remember the moment they started to like Pete Campbell? I used to love to hate him but now I actually find myself enjoying his pompous schtick.

Wish we'd seen more of Harrys fight to be a partner especially twisting the knife with Joan, he instantly jumped up my list of favourite characters when he hit her with that in the boardroom, Roger never forgot it either and its shown from time to time, other shows would have rubbed it in your face to be sure the thickos could get it aswell but Mad Men is on another level.

7Remember another time Don was trying to get him out of his car and Harry finished a bag of cheeseburgers. "Did you just eat 20 burgers?"; "I asked you if you wanted one"; "I thought you were bringing them home to your family!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just finished watching the seven episodes in three days, brilliant television. MM has just got better and better, in my opinion.

It's clear to me that the Don-Peggy relationship is the central one in the whole series. Don't see a romantic thing developing between them, can't imagine the writers would be that crass. Also don't think it is a father-daughter thing, it is more big brother -little sister kind of dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

pete is still the same guy, being so hypocritical in judging his wife, somebody wasn't buying the use of the song My Way, Weiner apparently said years ago that song was significant to him and he'd find a way to use it, so he he just let Don say it, sometimes a song comes on radio, that you can read as a comment on your life. Then he gives the old song dance man, a song and dance xit, he's having fun as Mad Men goes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I thought it was quite a good season overall.

A big step up from the previous two. Greater drama and more examples of that simmering unspoken tension and awkwardness, which defines Mad Men for me. I felt that the threading water aspect of season five and six was a sure sign that the creators didn't know where to go from here.At the very least I'm confident that we are at least going somewhere during the home run, as opposed to repeating the usual shenanigans of Don sleeping with random women and then realizing for the umpteenth time that sex alone won't fill the gaping hole at the centre of his life.

I do completely agree with what almost everyone has said as regards the splitting of the season. It really shouldn't be this way. Even though I wasn't a fan of the idea at the time I can see why they decided to do it for Breaking Bad. That was a character driven show, just like Mad Men, but it was also a nail biter with guaranteed pot boiling aspects in every episode. To split the season in that case allowed the anticipation to build in a fairly unprecedented way for a television programme. Real event television stuff. That isn't applicable to Mad Men. First of all, nobody watches it. Well people watch it, but it doesn't have a mass audience to match with it's extensive press coverage. Second of all, because of the shows dramatic pacing, or complete lack there of, the idea of a cliff hanger ending to keep us hooked between two truncated seasons of the show seems completely laughable. At this stage the audience is all in anyway, they're just being stringed along unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Jared Harris (Layne Price) will be on the Saturday Night Show tonight, 10.05pm RTE1.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057314164

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what the hell are they all wearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

what the hell are they all wearing

Is it the 70s now?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Is it the 70s now?

Late 60s I would say, they've probably skipped a couple of years since the last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

FunLover18 wrote:
    Late 60s I would say, they've probably skipped a couple of years since the last season.

I thought the last episodes were the late 60s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

So excited for this to come back!!!! :)

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I thought the last episodes were the late 60s?
    Well we saw them watching the moon landings at the end and that was July 1969 so yes. I got more of a 70s vibe from that straight away anyway.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Well we saw them watching the moon landings at the end and that was July 1969 so yes. I got more of a 70s vibe from that straight away anyway.

My bad I forgot what year that was. Yeh definitely 70s so

Advertisement