Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Betty is as cold as ever, but the real tragedy of that scene is that she doesn't see how much Bobby actually does love her, despite her coldness. Here she is thinking him giving away her sandwich is a sign he doesn't love her, yet she misses how happy he was that she agreed to chaperone, that adorably proud look he gave her when she drank the milk, how he saved a seat for her on the blanket.... ugh, Betty. Open your eyes!

I'm so interested to see how things develop now that Don's back. Part of me was thinking, "no way he's going to accept these terms," as they were being read, but then he just casually accepted. Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

Betty is as cold as ever, but the real tragedy of that scene is that she doesn't see how much Bobby actually does love her, despite her coldness. Here she is thinking him giving away her sandwich is a sign he doesn't love her, yet she misses how happy he was that she agreed to chaperone, that adorably proud look he gave her when she drank the milk, how he saved a seat for her on the blanket.... ugh, Betty. Open your eyes!

I'm so interested to see how things develop now that Don's back. Part of me was thinking, "no way he's going to accept these terms," as they were being read, but then he just casually accepted. Hmmm...

Don is a grand manipulator. He'll find a way around that. I took that as a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Yeah, I think we will see the staff preferring to work with Don and Louie cracking up as a result. Not sure what will happen with Ted. Wonder if he will return? The storyline between him and Peggy seems pretty stale.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

can some one remind me why Peggy is so pissed at Don, I thought she would be delighted to have him back considering Lou isn't recognizing any of her efforts.

She blames him for "sending" Ted away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Always good to see Roger with fire in his belly. Hope there's not too much of Betty's particular brand of drama.

• Advertisement

diveout wrote: »
    Betty is just pathetic. Seriously what grown up wants validation from their kids.

Someone who thinks that child is starting to turn into their Father.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I really didnt think anyone expected don to accept those terms to be honest! Lou is a pita and hope he leaves, seems to be stuck in the dark ages

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Maybe Im forgetting something from season 6 but when they were voting on Don, Cutler mentioned something along the lines of Ted not wanting Don back after what he did to him. What did Don do to Ted? From what I remember he gave up going to LA for Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Don could have easily joined the other agency with their attractive offer, but he decided to call on Roger & then accept the crappy terms in SC&P...yep I reckon Lou is a goner alright! Don must have plans, rejoining under those rubbish terms, he is learning about consequences but there's only so much humble pie he'll eat.
    Lou is the definition of "middle of the road", hope he gets the boot soon.

Megan's prospects are not looking good, something pretty ominous in her L.A. experience. She's looking very skinny & drawn.

Delighted to see Betty back again, nutty as ever! Horrible to little Bobby, who just wants her to love him back. The cool look she threw Francine after the chat about women working, "maybe I'm old fashioned", lights a cigarette & throws a seriously icy glare - classic Betty.

Agree Joan looks more hip with the times, thought she'd be happier to see Don though. After all he was the only partner who tried to stop her sleeping with creepy Herb, the Jaguar guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

LadyBetty wrote: »
    Don could have easily joined the other agency with their attractive offer, but he decided to call on Roger & then accept the crappy terms in SC&P...yep I reckon Lou is a goner alright! Don must have plans, rejoining under those rubbish terms, he is learning about consequences but there's only so much humble pie he'll eat.
    Lou is the definition of "middle of the road", hope he gets the boot soon.

Megan's prospects are not looking good, something pretty ominous in her L.A. experience. She's looking very skinny & drawn.

Delighted to see Betty back again, nutty as ever! Horrible to little Bobby, who just wants her to love him back. The cool look she threw Francine after the chat about women working, "maybe I'm old fashioned", lights a cigarette & throws a seriously icy glare - classic Betty.

Agree Joan looks more hip with the times, thought she'd be happier to see Don though. After all he was the only partner who tried to stop her sleeping with creepy Herb, the Jaguar guy.

I am finding it hard to like her at present tbh. Her power I always felt was in her charm and subtlety around the office.

She feels forced and ice queened at the moment which does not reflect her character from earlier seasons. Maybe that's the point but I don't like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I don't get why Joan is being such a bi*ch to Don

Also does anyone think Bobby might be a bit "special"? He says and does some dumbass things. "We're having a conversation :)"

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

EyeSight wrote: »

Also does anyone think Bobby might be a bit "special"? He says and does some dumbass things. "We're having a conversation :)"

"Are we negroes?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

just had to watch this again, it wasn't that bad was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Joan either feels ashamed in Dons presence as he was the only one who disagreed with the indecent proposal or she feels anger towards him as he obviously judged her for doing what she did, prob a bit of both really.

Kids generally say those sort of things.

iguana wrote: »
    She blames him for "sending" Ted away.

Peggy has been a self centred pain in the ass this season. I never took to her from the start, but she is truly revealing herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ken Cosgrove is probably the only "good" main character left that the writers haven't tried to malign so far this season.

Peggy is taking out her personal problems on her staff now that she has power.
    Joan is a narky bitch all of a sudden.
    Cooper is racist.
    Even Harry Crane lied about the computer!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ken Cosgrove is probably the only "good" main character left that the writers haven't tried to malign so far this season.

Cooper is racist.

They set Peggy and Joan up last week in terms of women needing to re-evaluate their relationship with power, because neither of them are particularly likeable with it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Bugatti wrote: »
    Maybe Im forgetting something from season 6 but when they were voting on Don, Cutler mentioned something along the lines of Ted not wanting Don back after what he did to him. What did Don do to Ted? From what I remember he gave up going to LA for Ted.
    I think Ted told the others that Don changed his mind about going and forced him to go in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

I'm sorry I think I missed something. Did Don go to Roger or did Roger summon Don after the dinner with the other agency? If Don went to Roger what was the point of the girl chatting him up and how did he know where to find him? And if Roger summoned him I presume it was through the girl. I initially thought it was the latter but I have seen a couple of people mention on here that it was the former. Apologies if I am being stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Pretty sure the girl had nothing to do with anything, just proof of Don's attractiveness and importantly, the fact that he didn't follow her to her room..i.e. "being good" as he told Megan.

Don called upon Roger, he already knows where he lives. Roger said he was sorry he opened the door, he had been expecting room service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Does anyone else think the whole agencies actions regarding Hershey pitch a bit extreme? They knew there was a strong chance they weren't going to get Hershey's as they knew they never advertised ever before. I know Don had a complete melt down. But he is the most important person in the agency and responsible for most clients. Louie brings nothing but tension.

All the characters seem weak and lack depth. You learnt more about the characters in the sopranos in one season, than 7 of mad men

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

ShaneU wrote: »

Cooper is racist.

You're right, Ken really is the only decent one left.

Harry has been in decline for a while now, remember his outburst about Joan last series? I liked how Roger instantly agreed to firing him if needed in the last episode.

I said it before but i really don't get why everyone hates Don.
    I can see why Ted would(although he really seemed thankful to Don before leaving for LA). But the others? Everyone else in that office screwed up and usually Don was cool with them. After Hershey you can see why they would be annoyed, but Burt, Joan etc. really seem to loathe him now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's gone on a season too long. I'm finding it very boring last series and particularly this one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I can see why Ted would(although he really seemed thankful to Don before leaving for LA). But the others? Everyone else in that office screwed up and usually Don was cool with them. After Hershey you can see why they would be annoyed, but Burt, Joan etc. really seem to loathe him now

Always got the impression that bert could have done the entire "Drop a dime on Don"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Don is going to out fox the agency at some stage. Not sure exactly how but I can see it being a big fcuk you to all the people who are being non supportive to him at the moment.

In my head without Don that whole agency would have sank so I think it is a bit rich how they are treating him at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

this is just soap opera now. the show no longer has anything to say...but I've come this far so I'll stick with it to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Phil_Lives wrote: »
    this is just soap opera now. the show no longer has anything to say...but I've come this far so I'll stick with it to the end.

This season is not very different from any other season. The entire show is a Drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

hfallada wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the whole agencies actions regarding Hershey pitch a bit extreme? They knew there was a strong chance they weren't going to get Hershey's as they knew they never advertised ever before. I know Don had a complete melt down. But he is the most important person in the agency and responsible for most clients. Louie brings nothing but tension.

All the characters seem weak and lack depth. You learnt more about the characters in the sopranos in one season, than 7 of mad men

Surely it was to do with Don making the agency look a show in a meeting with a massive client. With advertising image is everything (See Burt wanting to keep white people on the desk) they fired that guy who is currently doing Freelance after he wet himself during a massive drinking bender didnt they? There never seems to be any 2nd chances. Its generally any ****up relating to the agency's image and you're out.

And Don caused a lot of friction at the best of times. A lot of people might have realised how things go smoother in his absence (As Joan points out)

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Surely it was to do with Don making the agency look a show in a meeting with a massive client. With advertising image is everything (See Burt wanting to keep white people on the desk) they fired that guy who is currently doing Freelance after he wet himself during a massive drinking bender didnt they? There never seems to be any 2nd chances. Its generally any ****up relating to the agency's image and you're out.

And Don caused a lot of friction at the best of times. A lot of people might have realised how things go smoother in his absence (As Joan points out)

I get that he screwed up Hershey, but the others have screwed up meetings before. Didn't Roger shout racist slurs at Yamaha(or some other Japanese company).
    Even so, i can see them being understandably angry, but to despise him? Even when he makes efforts to improve? IT just seems like a bit of a jump to me.
    Things seem to being going ok without him but there's a lack of creativity which would harm them over time

Advertisement