Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Phil_Lives wrote: »
    community is cancelled
    I think its pretty widely accepted that community will get picked up by another network or similar for a final season, just a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I think its pretty widely accepted that community will get picked up by another network or similar for a final season, just a matter of time.

It needs six seasons and a movie in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

bob.gif?w=650&h=365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I thought that was a very good episode.

Don was very much a father figure in that one. Funny that in work he is finding himself being an effective father figure to Peggy and Pete but in personal life he is not being able to do it.

Felt sorry for Peggy too. You can see she is desperate to get ahead in life both professionally and personally but her high expectations on herself are not matching her reality at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nice to see a lot more of Pete, he alone can really lift an episode. Top episode too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Great episode. The scene where Don and Peggy were working on the idea was amazing! Is this the first time Don was honest about his failures in life to someone who knows him? - Besides the "real" Don Drapers wife

This show is a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

As a big fan of Mad Men it pain me to say it but I really think it's lost it's edge. All of the depths and subtleties seem to have faded; it really hit home when the Sinatra "My Way" stuff at the end, needing Don to spoon feed us the line even after the cringey office dancing after Peggy's epiphany. Old MM was far more subtle imo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pete being basically written out of the show is a major mistake. Also, is Alison Brie now officially unemployed?

Thanks, Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

As a big fan of Mad Men it pain me to say it but I really think it's lost it's edge. All of the depths and subtleties seem to have faded; it really hit home when the Sinatra "My Way" stuff at the end, needing Don to spoon feed us the line even after the cringey office dancing after Peggy's epiphany. Old MM was far more subtle imo.
    Agree with that, it really feels like its coming to an end now, the LA stuff was a total flop, same for all Bettys scenes. Lou and the rest vs Don had great potential but also a damp squib. The nipple thing felt like an attempt to add another wacky lawnmower moment but also fell flat and ruined one of the good characters.

We're still going to have to wait a year for a resolution though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

See how much you remember -> Mad Men Quiz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Thargor wrote: »
    The nipple thing felt like an attempt to add another wacky lawnmower moment but also fell flat and ruined one of the good characters.

Nothing will ever beat the lawnmower incident
    a15c61f9-bd68-4e5f-a219-9f988a71daa3.gif

He'll never golf again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Real shame there isnt more talk about this show on here really enjoying this season and very very curious as to not only how they will end the first half of this season but how it will actually end.

Its one of those shows that you could never really say ya i know how it will end i can see it a mile away. It slows down a bit at time s but ive never felt that i wanted to skip threw any moment in a single episode since the start.

Don seemed almost invincible there at one stage and although ill admit ive hated it at times seeing him being tagged along and made look stupid its been really interesting seeing such a change in his character this season.

Been thinking to myself and i mentioned it to my girlfriend after we watched the latest episode the other nite but i wonder will they kill any of the main characters off before the end or just go with what they have got at this stage?? Are we in for any massive shocks i wonder....

Real shame there isnt more talk about this show on here really enjoying this season and very very curious as to not only how they will end the first half of this season but how it will actually end.

Its one of those shows that you could never really say ya i know how it will end i can see it a mile away. It slows down a bit at time s but ive never felt that i wanted to skip threw any moment in a single episode since the start.

Don seemed almost invincible there at one stage and although ill admit ive hated it at times seeing him being tagged along and made look stupid its been really interesting seeing such a change in his character this season.

Been thinking to myself and i mentioned it to my girlfriend after we watched the latest episode the other nite but i wonder will they kill any of the main characters off before the end or just go with what they have got at this stage?? Are we in for any massive shocks i wonder....

im beginning to think the opening credits are a hint but probably wrong :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    im beginning to think the opening credits are a hint but probably wrong :pac:

Ive heard that mentioned so many times but i really hope its not that obvious !

I always felt this show was so well written it would almost feel like a let down if they went and done that in the end !.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'm only guessing but I think the ending will be Don accepting that he is a bad guy, and wasting his time trying to be the good guy, This could well be triggered by a dramatic event. He will be alone with all the money, scotchy scotch scotch, power and women he could ever consume.

I'm not sure if this is a sad or happy ending to be honest.

I'm only guessing but I think the ending will be Don accepting that he is a bad guy, and wasting his time trying to be the good guy, This could well be triggered by a dramatic event. He will be alone with all the money, scotchy scotch scotch, power and women he could ever consume.

I'm not sure if this is a sad or happy ending to be honest.

Lol doesn't sound sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

After Ginsbergs' meltdown, I'm half-expecting Bob 'pseudonym' Benson to follow suit, possibly engaging in a spot of sabotage.

Can't say I think all that much of the new season unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

The legs were a distraction during Berts' song and dance number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

brilliant last episode! I love this show so much.
    They really drilled home the moon landing scenes well. I think they saved all client pitches for this episode to showcase Peggy and make her pitch more special.
    I must say I now hate Joan. She's a terrible money hungry person now with no loyalty - but i guess i should have seen that when i saw her whore herself out for a partnership. I used to like and respect her too.....

Didn't quite get the last musical scene though. Anyone care to explain? Maybe telling Don that there's more to life than business?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really exciting episode to segue into the final stretch. A sort of status quo has been returned, but at huge cost to many of the characters, not least Don. Transition is definitely a key theme running through the episode - maybe not 'a giant leap' for all, but certainly there's any number of directions, potential and possibilities for these characters as the 1970s loom.

As for that last scene, compare the exuberance of the routine and the lyrics to what has come before. There's more to life than money? Tell that to Ted Shaw, who has just committed to five more years. Or Don, who has basically spent these seven episodes on the brink of another complete collapse. They're all about to become rich (again), but as ever with Mad Men there's far more going on beneath the surface. And as ever Matthew Weiner has found an unusual, distinctive and impressively cinematic way of communicating that and providing Coop with a rousing send-off in the process :)

God that ending kinda came out no where. Nice little finish though to what was a really good episode.

Was nice to see Lou dumped out nice and quick at the start never liked him always came across as a prick. It was also great to see Don take back the control that he earned in the first place.

I had a feeling it was someones time to go before the end of the show and i guess it being Bert kinda fits in with the flow of the story out with the old in with the new......

From what ive read and what i understood of the end it was dons subconscious telling him that no matter what he does the money he earns or the power he has theres more important things in life things that are free.

He seems on better terms with his daughter his marriage may be over but at least hes free now from something that clearly wasnt working and after everything hes been threw and done he seems to be a better person at the end of it.

He passed things to Peggy something he never would of done in the past and he was able to give her the chance to prove once and for all her worth in the company and as a woman among so many men.

I think so many of the characters have come a long way from the start to now and this season showed that more so then ever.

Awful bloody shame AMC keep ****ing around with the final seasons of there shows having to wait till next year is crazy.

I am confident as always though that it will be worth it and we will get a great end to the story.

I genuinely expected it to be Rogers Daughter to have died during the moon landing, not bert :(

EyeSight wrote: »
    I must say I now hate Joan. She's a terrible money hungry person now with no loyalty - but i guess i should have seen that when i saw her whore herself out for a partnership. I used to like and respect her too.....

Especially how Don tried to talk her out of doing it.

Also, Sucks to be harry Crane! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Ive heard that mentioned so many times but i really hope its not that obvious !

I always felt this show was so well written it would almost feel like a let down if they went and done that in the end !.

I kinda feel the opening credits are inevitable, the twist maybe that it isnt Don who jumps/falls/pushed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I genuinely expected it to be Rogers Daughter to have died during the moon landing, not bert :(

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

ShaneU wrote: »
    me too
    And me!

Really enjoyed that episode, been a long time coming i think, season had built well towards it but couldnt drag it out anymore.

When will the second half of this season be out? early next year? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Raf32 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that episode, been a long time coming i think, season had built well towards it but couldnt drag it out anymore.

When will the second half of this season be out? early next year? :pac:

Same time next year.

• Advertisement

Wasn't that into the latest season but that episode was absolute perfection. Gonna have to re-watch to confirm some things but **** me that was unreal. I thought a few things were gonna go another way but I was wrong and don't mind. Great stuff.

Advertisement