Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is this earlist new season thread ever? you trying to take over from richard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm raging at this news. So annoying and pointless.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Agreed, it's just a way to sell more box-sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

AMC did this with Breaking Bad too

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah ffs. Either make 2 full seasons or do it all at once. Pile of crap doing it like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,511 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

is this earlist new season thread ever? you trying to take over from richard?

I didn't want to derail Season 6 thread with Season 7 news ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cant wait for this, watched the first 6 seasons in less than a month, one of my favourite shows ever already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Season 6 was disappointing. It was very dull compared to the other seasons. Hopefully splitting it into two means it will be half decent this time

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

I see Mad Men will be back in the States on April 13th, the first half of the final season *sob*.

Has anyone heard when it will hit Sky Atlantic over here?

CANNOT WAIT (yet don't want it to be over!)!

• Advertisement

LadyBetty wrote: »
    I see Mad Men will be back in the States on April 13th, the first half of the final season *sob*.

Has anyone heard when it will hit Sky Atlantic over here?

CANNOT WAIT (yet don't want it to be over!)!

Sky Atlantic HD today announces that the, season 7 (the final season) of the multiple award-winning and critically acclaimed MAD MEN will premiere on the channel on Wednesday 16 April at 10pm, just 3 days after it returns in the US

Sky Atlantic will premiere season 7 on Wednesday 16 April at 10pm just 3 days after it returns in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Back tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Raf32 wrote: »
    Back tonight :D

Any way of watching it live over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I really enjoyed the first episode of Season 7 (Part One), and I particularly liked how it began: "Pay attention. This is the beginning of something...".
    The twist about Freddie fronting for Don was subtle, and I didn't realise it until he walked into Don's apartment. How long can he remain 'out in the cold', as we can see he has been trying to keep sober and hasn't been smoking (from what I can tell).

Also
    Ken's throw of the ear ring was great! :D

There is always something elusive, somewhat enigmatic about Mad Men where at times it really does appear like nothing, absolutely nothing is happening, but I can't stop watching and yearning for more. Looking forward to next week!

Really enjoyable episode and great season opener. Get the feeling we are in for a great season and the writing seems to be gone back to earlier seasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,199 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Strong opener for sure, fantastic opening scene and the way it came full circle with the Freddie / Don reveal was very satisfying. It has taken a lot of the characters in interesting new directions between this and last season's finales - particularly curious parallel between Peggy and Don's current situations that should play out in some rewarding ways. Seems like a revitalised tone and aesthetic to the show too, the transition to the 70s well underway. With an end now in sight, hopefully the show will be firing on all cylinders over the next 14 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Brilliant show. Good episode. I love the lack of a plot, yet the characters are so great and strong, it's incredibly interesting.
    Loved the cool scene of him getting off the plane to see Megan(how long will they last?) and when he's talking to the woman on the plane and says "She knows i'm a terrible husband".
    Kenny was funny with his lack of depth perception :)

IMO I think Rodger is being a dick. Which is hard to say cause he's awesome otherwise. Really made me lose respect for him at how he is treating him. Sure Don needed to be reined in, but a best friend should stand by and support him. At least tell him if he's going to be allowed back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so peggy can't spot Dons words?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I like this quote I read in a review of the opening episode.
    It's leading us somewhere - Mad Men’s season openers always do - even if it feels as if it’s around in circles.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/mad-men/30118/mad-men-season-7-episode-1-review-time-zones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

"Buck up, chief"

Best line ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Loved Don's firs scene, with I'm a Man :D Just stay off the balcony...

Interesting how in the "previously on MM" piece, Peggy was reminding Joan about her role in the agency. Now Peggy is going backwards while Joan is on the rise.

Too early to keep speculating on Megan's fate? Jeez she just talk...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Strong opener with lots of potential for many characters!

Loved seeing the change in "happy" Pete, the smiling balding lobster walking in & hugging Don made me laugh out loud - his turning a tad hippy was totally unexpected!

Also loved that Megan doesn't know Don has been just pretending to go to work for the past 2 months. How long can they spin that secret out for :D You can see her feelings for Don have changed, she isn't really attracted to him anymore (the age gap is coming into play I reckon, as much as his dodgy behaviour - will she ever find out about his fling with the neighbour, would Sally blab..?).

Poor Peggy is crushingly lonely in the crummy apartment building with all of its tenants' problems to deal with, then when she goes to work the best ideas are not being used (I already dislike the Lou character!). Wonder could she end up with Stan yet? Love the way they banter & spark off each other, she was funny when yelling at him about the coffee to divert from Ted.

Looking forward to seeing what Betty is up to, one of my favourite nuttier characters.

Oh yeah, I was surprised at where Roger is at now, despite his love for LSD & therapy he would have struck me as too old for the free love / hippy stuff plus after his heart attack a few seasons back I am just surprised he would end up so debauched :confused:...weird scene with the daughter too, didn't do much for me as a viewer.

Roll on next episode!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Like others, I didn't catch the Freddie/Don thing until the end. Well played. SC&P whilst Don's away.

Roger answering the phone in the nip, typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

The beginning was remiscent of/homage to The Prestige "Are you watching closely?".
    "Are you ready? Because I want you to pay attention...this is the beginning of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Probably one of the best opening scenes I've seen. Fantastically written I thought. Great oul monologue. Loved Don's introduction. So cool.

I also always take for granted how good set and costume design is in this show.

ALSO

Tune

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Very good episode.

Don's downfall keeps going on. Caught in his lies and now strapped for money. But I hate Sally's constant sulky face. And then he's blown away when she tells him "I love you". And not even a call to / from Megan on V day...

Such a change on Pete from last week's episode, when he was so happy and now back to his old ways. As bitter as Peggy.

I was very surprised by Cooper's attitude to Dawn working in reception. But, hey, times change slowly.

Lou is an utter dick.

Go Joan! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Barna77 wrote: »
    Very good episode.

Don's downfall keeps going on. Caught in his lies and now strapped for money. But I hate Sally's constant sulky face. And then he's blown away when she tells him "I love you". And not even a call to / from Megan on V day...

Such a change on Pete from last week's episode, when he was so happy and now back to his old ways. As bitter as Peggy.

I was very surprised by Cooper's attitude to Dawn working in reception. But, hey, times change slowly.

Lou is an utter dick.

Go Joan! :D

I don't think Don is strapped for money. It's paid leave he is on. I think it was more an instance of him trying to have some fun with his daughter.

I was blown away by her I love you and Don's reaction.

You could just see Don's craving to reach out and make things right in his life.

Sally probable knows Don the best at this stage in the show imo. She cuts through his bullsh*t but has the capacity to accept him and try create an honest open relationship with him, which is what Don needs.

Advertisement