Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Recap trailer...makes me want to rewatch the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Back tonight!

Hopefully the last few episodes are good but I really think the break has killed this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what was the last thing that happened, where was Don at ?

his marriage had broken up, had he gotten back into the agency properly yet, need recap ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

what was the last thing that happened, where was Don at ?

his marriage had broken up, had he gotton back into the agency properly yet, need recap ep.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/04/03/everything_that_happened_in_mad_men_season_7_part_1_in_4_minutes.html

I've just watched that and I'm not sure if I've even seen all of the episodes. Oh dear. I'll have to check back through my posts.

Seriously, I remember almost none of that. I'm worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

If, like me, anyone can't get the slate link to show video then here's the youtube link:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,904 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow I would not have been able to write down even 10% of that video from memory lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Strong start to the final part of the season; I laughed at Ken's father in law pride in explaining how he cooked a pop tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Joan and Peggy's meeting was cringy and awful to watch. The whole scene brought back when she slept with the car guy.

I see mos everywhere haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Binders of women...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/04/03/everything_that_happened_in_mad_men_season_7_part_1_in_4_minutes.html

I've just watched that and I'm not sure if I've even seen all of the episodes. Oh dear. I'll have to check back through my posts.

Seriously, I remember almost none of that. I'm worried.

oh that's what I couldn't remember McCann bought them, can't remember the chevy scam, that was a lot of maneuvering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Honestly, why does Mad Men even bother having a teaser for the next episode? They've been utter nonsense since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I really like this episode. I've always liked Ken but I hope he doesn't change into an arsehole for the sake of revenge. He should perhaps mess them about a little to get the last laugh and then get out. Advertising doesn't make him happy. Laughed at his father-in-law and the poptart though :D.
    I was excited to see Rachael back. Even though the last time we really heard from her was the second (?) season, I had not forgotten about her. I'm surprised at how much a kick in the gut her death is. The waitress reminds me of a mishmash of Don's women over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Honestly, why does Mad Men even bother having a teaser for the next episode? They've been utter nonsense since the start.
    AMC insisted upon on them, Weiner hates the idea of them spoiling anything so he intentionally gives them ones like that. I generally don't watch them because I don't want to know who the next episode is gonna feature.

Bit of an odd question here, but the "you're trying to give me stuff we don't even have anymore" line from Pete to Ken stuck out a bit for whatever reason, was there anything behind it? I can't remember the client it was for...

I felt last year's episodes of mad men suffered from not having the usual double episode premiere, they were great for reacquainting myself with the Mad Men world. This episode didn't do much for me and I'm thinking it's probably the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bit of an odd question here, but the "you're trying to give me stuff we don't even have anymore" line from Pete to Ken stuck out a bit for whatever reason, was there anything behind it? I can't remember the client it was for...

I took it more of an indication of how Pete was being complimentary of Ken and praising his work and pretty much telling him to live his dream... then turns around and shows himself as still being an arsehole by being condescending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Enjoyed that. Great to see Rachel again, even just for a minute. I really liked her character. I think that these last few episodes will really focus on stuff from the past. Rachel, Don talking about the toaster in the house were he grew up, Ken's previous stint at McCann Erikson coming back to haunt him, the focus on Joan's appearance... I wish Ken had gone off to write that book! But he'll be good craic as a client I imagine. Loving the ridiculous facial hair, and this episode has as many funny lines as ever. Cooking a pop tart :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

This channel is well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'm sure there were other things in this episode but all I remember is that moustache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I thought it was a good episode. I am really looking forward to the remaining episodes. I find it hard sometimes to keep up though with all the characters and company names. Thanks to the person who posted a recap of the first half of this season. I wish I had looked at that before watching the new episode.

I think I will definitely watch this series after it ends from the start. It really is such a good quality series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Found it a little tough to get back into that actually, would have preferred a double episode I think! Or maybe it was my own fault for not doing a recap of where we were at? Big thanks to the poster who put up the recap video, it made me realise how much I'd forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

when is this on irish tv? someone mentioned it started last sunday, but I can't see it anywhere in the tv guide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

tmq wrote: »
    when is this on irish tv? someone mentioned it started last sunday, but I can't see it anywhere in the tv guide.

I know it's on Sky Atlantic on Thursday nights at 10. I'm not sure if it's on any Irish channels at the moment.

there was I thinking Megan contacted Harry, despite hating him, and he's going to help her out ? then .... what a creep!, he was even asking Don's permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Very good episode. Harry became a creep so gradually I didn't even notice. Yeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,904 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was worried we wouldnt see more of Harry, phew.

Shouldnt he be a millionaire now or at least seventies rich? He was made a partner before they were bought out...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thargor wrote: »
    Was worried we wouldnt see more of Harry, phew.

Shouldnt he be a millionaire now or at least seventies rich? He was made a partner before they were bought out...

He wasn't made partner. He never got his deal finalised before the buyout so they cut him out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Enjoyed that. Great to see Rachel again, even just for a minute. I really liked her character. I think that these last few episodes will really focus on stuff from the past.

Me too. I'd like to see Faye and Sal again, and Anna Draper's niece Stephanie or whatever her name is.

I was never a fan of Sal. I really didn't think he added anything to the show, other than being a closeted gay man. That's all that he was ever used for and it got boring tbh. Some fans of the show seem to be obsessed with him and the possibility of him coming back this season.

I was never a fan of Sal. I really didn't think he added anything to the show, other than being a closeted gay man. That's all that he was ever used for and it got boring tbh. Some fans of the show seem to be obsessed with him and the possibility of him coming back this season.

I'm not obsessed with him but I'd like to know what happened to him in the context of changing attitudes as the series progressed. Other characters that I wondered about would have been Midge and Paul but their characters returned for an episode.

Ah yeah, I was referring to some posters on reddit who are obsessed. I guess you're right - it might have been more acceptable for him to be out later on in the 60s. Wouldn't it be class if he came back and his partner was the guy from Lucky Strike who got him fired haha.

• Advertisement

Noooooo!

Advertisement