Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

EyeSight wrote: »
    I get that he screwed up Hershey, but the others have screwed up meetings before. Didn't Roger shout racist slurs at Yamaha(or some other Japanese company).
    Even so, i can see them being understandably angry, but to despise him? Even when he makes efforts to improve? IT just seems like a bit of a jump to me.
    Things seem to being going ok without him but there's a lack of creativity which would harm them over time

He had a breakdown in front of a client. He completely lost it. And he was all over the place before that, this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

diveout wrote: »
    He had a breakdown in front of a client. He completely lost it. And he was all over the place before that, this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't think he was as bad as most of the others. From what I can remember last season he was his usual self but he got some HUGE clients in

I get that he screwed up and i get the "Time off". But I don't get that people like Joan now hate him with a passion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I get that he screwed up Hershey, but the others have screwed up meetings before. Didn't Roger shout racist slurs at Yamaha(or some other Japanese company).
    Even so, i can see them being understandably angry, but to despise him? Even when he makes efforts to improve? IT just seems like a bit of a jump to me.
    Things seem to being going ok without him but there's a lack of creativity which would harm them over time
    I don't think he was as bad as most of the others. From what I can remember last season he was his usual self but he got some HUGE clients in

I get that he screwed up and i get the "Time off". But I don't get that people like Joan now hate him with a passion

The point was solidified when Don had a meeting with an old friend who had heard of the Hershey debacle. Clearly the breakdown did not solely exist between the four walls of the conference room and if other agencies had found out, SCDP's image was being ruined by it.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The point was solidified when Don had a meeting with an old friend who had heard of the Hershey debacle. Clearly the breakdown did not solely exist between the four walls of the conference room and if other agencies had found out, SCDP's image was being ruined by it.
    But this old friend and many other agencies wanted Don badly. So it cannot have been that bad. Throughout the series they always talked about f**k up meetings and situations with other agencies

Don't get me wrong, I love this season and the show. I'm just having a hard time believing this one mess up makes people who once respected Don so much and were very close to him no despise him so much.
    Roger should have been a better friend at the time, but he is being a good one now. Joan may be disappointed but she seems to be one of the main Don haters right now(Remember when they had that Platonic date last season?), not sure why Harry seems to have contempt for him, Ted really loved Don for giving him LA.
    All I'm saying is that they've all ****ed up many times and Don was the last to judge. He does it once, takes the "time off", comes back to a demotion and takes on all the new conditions and they still hate him

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I really shouldn't have eaten dinner while watching today's episode; holy s*** Ginsberg!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

BEcause they lost Hershey's and that was huge money.

There is no loyalty on Madison Avenue. It's all about money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

2 episodes ago Megan wanted a divorce and now she gives him a threesome. I presumed their marriage was nearly over but in this episode it's like nothing ever happened.

BEcause they lost Hershey's and that was huge money.

There is no loyalty on Madison Avenue. It's all about money.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. I think Roger messed up worse in season 4. No doubt word got round about Joan whoring herself out for Jaguar also which can't have been good.

Either way, it was another great episode. I love seeing Don tear up meetings. Reminds me of when Roger once said "I'd kiss you but you'd have to wipe the blood off your mouth first" :D You got to give Don props for how he's behaving lately.

Ginsberg... I don't know what to say
    Betty seems to be regressing back to her season 2 self and she's trying to find a way to get out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Don the opportunist in this episode. Perfect execution from him!

The song at the end was really well suited to Don's situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. I think Roger messed up worse in season 4. No doubt word got round about Joan whoring herself out for Jaguar also which can't have been good.

Either way, it was another great episode. I love seeing Don tear up meetings. Reminds me of when Roger once said "I'd kiss you but you'd have to wipe the blood off your mouth first" :D You got to give Don props for how he's behaving lately.

Ginsberg... I don't know what to say
    Betty seems to be regressing back to her season 2 self and she's trying to find a way to get out of it.

Big shame about him. Feel like it's a great shame if that is that for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Technophobia http://adage.com/article/media/mad-men-recap-technophobia/293169/

what broughtthis out in ginsberg, we know what it might be, IBM computers helped the Nazis catelogue and exterminate Jews but ginsberg doesn't know the story...

Mad Men: Ginsberg Was Always Struggling http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/mad-men-ginsberg-was-always-struggling-nipple-box.html

he's been going off the rails for a while

maybe the homosexual thing came from the Turing vilification http://io9.com/5899656/straight-gay-or-binary-hal-comes-out-of-the-cybernetic-closet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Ginsbergs madness escalated rapidly very sad really hope that's not the last we see of him but have a feeling it is.

I think its safe to say Don and Megan are not gonna last she seems to be have serious issues.

I liked the reference to 2001, I supposed in that film Ginsbergs fears are realized.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You know, sometimes you think Mad Men is past the point of surprising you.

Then Michael Ginsberg cuts off his nipple and hands it to Peggy as a romantic present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Jesus Ginsberg!

Also, noticed Megan's address, Laurel Canyon, known for the Wonderland murders. Are we going down the Sharon Tate path again...? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

What a show, it's so well written and acted.

I feel Ginsberg is a good character but there was no way he could have continued to be the same without snapping.

The Megan and Don thing was strange, she was receptive to him calling to LA to see her though in the previous episode their marriage was f*cked!

Betsy is such a spanner! Sally is hilarious.

You know, sometimes you think Mad Men is past the point of surprising you.

Then Michael Ginsberg cuts off his nipple and hands it to Peggy as a romantic present.

peggy wasn't impressed Daenerys might have been

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Can't believe how quiet this thread is, considering we're five episodes in. Breaking Bad would have these amount of posts in a day.

Enjoying the season, coming together nicely.

Pt.2 of season 7 should be epic, but it's going to be a long wait until next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I never fully understood the animosity that Megan used to generate for some viewers but now I've my ticket punched and am fully about the Megan hate train.
    Gotta feel sorry for Lou and Cutler - they really think they're gonna beat Don. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Oh man, Batman, Flintstones and a 2001 reference in there?

And damn, Michael. :eek: I was hoping AMC would announce the Ginsberg vs. IBM spin off next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Im finding it boring. There is nothing new. Betty is cold(like the last 6 seasons). Megan bitches about Dons kids(last few seasons). Don barely has barely done anything. Like other than Ginsberg and Stephanie. Nothing happened in 45 mins. I know something doesnt always have to happen. But you could miss 30 mins of the show and still miss nothing.

And the Ginsberg thing was so unrealistic. No one loses the plot to that extent in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For me this episodes high point was the whole Ginsberg/Peggy dynamic along with the Don/Lou interactions.

The whole Megan storyline has been annoying me for a while now, and the show this season has put a lot of effort into making us hate/dislike Megan, to me the whole California side of the show has been nothing but a distraction, with Pete out there getting a few scenes too.

Big fan of the show, but the California side of things needs to go, its pretty much inconsequential to the show in its current form.

Honestly i dont really understand why Betty is popping up every 2nd week, her role is pretty pointless except to emphasis the fact that she is making the kids hate her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

really enjoying it at the moment, so well written.

one negative though is betty, have had just about enough of her at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

hfallada wrote: »
    Im finding it boring. There is nothing new. Betty is cold(like the last 6 seasons). Megan bitches about Dons kids(last few seasons). Don barely has barely done anything. Like other than Ginsberg and Stephanie. Nothing happened in 45 mins. I know something doesnt always have to happen. But you could miss 30 mins of the show and still miss nothing.

And the Ginsberg thing was so unrealistic. No one loses the plot to that extent in a few weeks

Ginsberg has always been mad. Look it up online, someone compiles everything he does/ say. He's just reached tipping point in the last episode though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pete being basically written out of the show is a major mistake. Also, is Alison Brie now officially unemployed?

Pete being basically written out of the show is a major mistake. Also, is Alison Brie now officially unemployed?

I hope they're getting somewhere with the LA storyline. I don't know why else they would have it.
    I think Don will leave the agency at the end of this season. Maybe Pete will join him?

I miss Alison on the show but she's in the commercials for Smirnoff in the USA. I guess that's a job? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I miss Alison on the show but she's in the commercials for Smirnoff in the USA. I guess that's a job? :p
    She is also one of the main characters in community, which she would prob be more well known for than mad men to alot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

She is also one of the main characters in community, which she would prob be more well known for than mad men to alot of people
    community is cancelled

• Advertisement

not anymore :(

Advertisement