Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Superb episode this week - an accomplished mix of humour, warmth, thematic complexity and social / office politics that only can Mad Men can manage.

Sally and Dons drive was probably the most emotionally satisfying storyline the former has had in a few seasons, and actually one of the latter's too. Killer ending.

Peggy's subplot shows how funny the show can be when it wants to be.

Also loved all the reshuffling - juggling the literal drama of SCP with smart commentary on the social structures and upheavals of the era.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I honestly thought I couldn't hate anyone more than Pete.. but if you take Pete, age him 20 years, take away his drive to succeed and double his petulance, you get Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what did sally do to her eyebrows?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why do Dawn and Shirley call one another by the wrong name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm guessing it's because the other people in the office mix them up as they're the only two coloured girls so it's their way at joking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

nc6000 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's because the other people in the office mix them up as they're the only two coloured girls so it's their way at joking about it.

I feel dumb for not getting that. I just assumed I was going insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I loved Joan's little middle finger to Cooper by making Dawn head of personnel.

(I mean, she seems to be the best for the job too but it was funny).

Her quiet grin in her new office reminded me of Peggy when she first broke through.

Great interaction between Sally and Don. Really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Masturbates gloomily"
    :P

I love Peggys interactions with those 2.

Also her cringe when she closed the door of her office after making an ass of herself over the flowers, I do that all the time at work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought it might be that but I'd never actually noticed anyone mixing them up. I'm pretty sure Shirley was never in the show before this episode in fact.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I loved Joan's little middle finger to Cooper by making Dawn head of personnel.

(I mean, she seems to be the best for the job too but it was funny).

Her quiet grin in her new office reminded me of Peggy when she first broke through.

is that what happened?, I was confused as to who's office she sat down outside, its seemed to be a desk in that shared room they use, not Joan's former office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

is that what happened?, I was confused as to who's office she sat down outside, its seemed to be a desk in that shared room they use, not Joan's former office.

Joan's former office was the one she was in. It has two doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I thought it might be that but I'd never actually noticed anyone mixing them up. I'm pretty sure Shirley was never in the show before this episode in fact.

I'm just assuming that this is what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'm just assuming that this is what happened.

It is the most logical conclusion.

Anyone else miss Lane Pryce?.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think the guy in Dons office could be a good replacement, entertainment-wise, although nothing will top the Pete-beatdown or his last episode.

FFS only 5 more eps then a years wait, who thought that was a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

His wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Bull McCabe was his Da.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was so happy to see how Joan has changed her image to go along with her newly confirmed position in accounts. She was in danger of being left behind in some ways with her way of dress reflecting her personal attitude, still stuck before the cultural revolution that was taking place. It was nice to see her move on sartorially as well as professionally.

Maybe it was a meta joke based on the audience possibly not noticing the difference between Shirley and Phyllis, Peggy's black secretary at Cutler, Gleeson and Chaogh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I see Betty retains her unerring talent for turning gold to sh1t. :D

Now that Don is back it means Louie is screwed......and he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Is this the new reformed Don? Does he have the means to amend? I dunno but I'm rooting for him, hopefully he has got his **** together and he is back with a vengeance. But the past repeats itself..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh my god Betty is just so mean. From her talk with Henry at the end, it seems to come from her being insecure in her role as a mother. Her date with Francine just seemed to show her just how empty her life really is.

I've the feeling Don is planning something big. Can't see him playing second fiddle to Lou for too long. But then again, maybe this is just the writers' way of showing how he is changing as a person/becoming less power hungry. It's interesting how different he is acting compared to earlier seasons e.g. not going after that woman even after all what happened with Megan.

Loved Joan's new look as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I suspect Lou won't be around for much longer. The people in the office respect Don a lot more than him, so he'll become frustrated and leave.

Back to normal at the office then? I actually miss the crew pitching to clients and spouting their fantastic ideas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The best show on tv at the moment imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It was great to see Roger stick up for Don.

I don't think it was a mistake either that Roger didn't set up a meeting. He had his facts straight about Don in his head in that meeting to trump their retorts and had the others caught off guard with Don's arrival all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I'm guessing also the reference Ken makes about his kid on a carousel reminds him of Don is a nod to the pitch Don made to seal a client years ago?

I think if that is the case it is a great reference by the show as the carousel pitch focused on nostalgia completely and Don being back in the office was just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Nice Betty didn't last long...

Hopefully we won't see much of Megan from now on, she's a pain.

And didn't expect that attitude from Joan at all.

Good bye Lou :D

Rodger is the man. Can't help but think Don sold himself short by agreeing to there terms so quickly, he should have at least but a time limit on it. Lou is the most irritating character ever way worse than Pete, even his cardigan is offensive.

can some one remind me why Peggy is so pissed at Don, I thought she would be delighted to have him back considering Lou isn't recognizing any of her efforts.

i thought peggy was joking (mostly)

betty is still a child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

Seren_ wrote: »
    Oh my god Betty is just so mean. From her talk with Henry at the end, it seems to come from her being insecure in her role as a mother. Her date with Francine just seemed to show her just how empty her life really is.

I've the feeling Don is planning something big. Can't see him playing second fiddle to Lou for too long. But then again, maybe this is just the writers' way of showing how he is changing as a person/becoming less power hungry. It's interesting how different he is acting compared to earlier seasons e.g. not going after that woman even after all what happened with Megan.

Loved Joan's new look as well.

Betty is just pathetic. Seriously what grown up wants validation from their kids. Who is the child?

But it was a nice foil with Don "parenting" Megan by flying out to California and telling her what is what and how to behave.

Don accepting the consequences at the meeting, perhaps is a sign he is growing up. Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

God damn I Hate Betty. Talk about being a bitch!
    "go eat your candy" was more childish then bobby trading the sandwich

Advertisement