Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Does anyone else have the issue that for Franklin in the switch character area it says that there are two missions available but on the map there is only ever 1 indicated? Doesn't matter what I do there's always an extra mission that isn't marked on the map so I don't know where this hidden one is :/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have the issue that for Franklin in the switch character area it says that there are two missions available but on the map there is only ever 1 indicated? Doesn't matter what I do there's always an extra mission that isn't marked on the map so I don't know where this hidden one is :/

One of Tonya's maybe? Give hre a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

On the issue of garages, Franklin's mansion garage is locked, can't actually access the car inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Penn wrote: »
    As for Franklin, maybe it's a tow truck mission. Call Tonya on your phone.

That was it, cheers!

donvito99 wrote: »
    On the issue of garages, Franklin's mansion garage is locked, can't actually access the car inside?

Never noticed that myself, the backdoor is always locked, but I always could walk in through the front (car) door.

• Advertisement

Weird bug last night. Marnie was added as a contact, so I immediately tried to ring her. No answer, but then I got the 'booty call' message at the bottom of screen telling me to pick up Juliet. A bit strange, stranger still since Juliet wasn't even added to my contacts until after the booty call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

who_me wrote: »
    Never noticed that myself, the backdoor is always locked, but I always could walk in through the front (car) door.

Managed to gain access, but it had changed to another car, but in the same colour!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Franklins asassination.
    Stopped on road before i got to marker.

Rocket launcher

fastest mission ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i got a weird glitch last night, i was doing the Nuclear Waste collection, i was deep under the ocean when I receive a text message that Trevor's scrap yard was under attack and needed help fighting off the attackers. I thought about leaving it go, but then surfaced and by the time i got to shore i get a message that the attackers had gone and as such I'd failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i got a weird glitch last night, i was doing the Nuclear Waste collection, i was deep under the ocean when I receive a text message that Trevor's scrap yard was under attack and needed help fighting off the attackers. I thought about leaving it go, but then surfaced and by the time i got to shore i get a message that the attackers had gone and as such I'd failed.

That's not a glitch, you just took too long and weren't getting closer to the sight quick enough.
    I've had that with other owned properties asking for my help but sometimes I'm busy with other things and I don't make it in time. I don't know if it effects anything though. Perhaps maybe the weekly income?

I just bought a tank with Trevor but even after I got the delivery message I couldn't find it at the airfield. Hopefully it will be there when I play today. I spent 3 million bucks on the damn thing! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah I've gotten texts from the bars I own saying they were being held up or someone stole the delivery truck, but I'm nearly always miles away when I get them and never make it

Had a fun time collecting some of the cars. As Franklin I found a car that Michael needed, but couldn't figure out how to exchange a car between the two.

So I tried calling Michael to hang out, and then switching characters, but you can't switch until the 'man-date' is over. As they were going separate ways, I tried switching but every time I left Franklin he disappeared off in the car, so I had to switch back to him to bring the two back together, only to find Michael wandering off in the other direction. Jesus, 'twas like herding cats. Eventually managed it though. There must be an easier way.

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah I've gotten texts from the bars I own saying they were being held up or someone stole the delivery truck, but I'm nearly always miles away when I get them and never make it

I just made it once when the bar was being attacked, and ended up in a car chase across half the map. The police got involved, so I don't know if the two cars I was chasing were destroyed or got away, I never got a success or failure message.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    That's not a glitch, you just took too long and weren't getting closer to the sight quick enough.
    I've had that with other owned properties asking for my help but sometimes I'm busy with other things and I don't make it in time. I don't know if it effects anything though. Perhaps maybe the weekly income?

I think its ridiculous that a text arrives though when your at the other side of the map and deep under the sea. In that case they should extend the time or only start the time when i set foot on land.
    IngazZagni wrote: »
    I just bought a tank with Trevor but even after I got the delivery message I couldn't find it at the airfield. Hopefully it will be there when I play today. I spent 3 million bucks on the damn thing! ;)

The tank is at one of the two airfields, use d-pad to select.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Has anyone stepped into a cop shootout with randomers yet? I shot a guy the cops were firing at once and they thanked me and told me go about my business, but any time I've done it since I just get a wanted level, is it a random event thing? cos I see cop chases and them shooting at people regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

krudler wrote: »
    Has anyone stepped into a cop shootout with randomers yet? I shot a guy the cops were firing at once and they thanked me and told me go about my business, but any time I've done it since I just get a wanted level, is it a random event thing? cos I see cop chases and them shooting at people regularly.

There are a few random event ones that pop up every now and again for me, often during the night in the countryside. Usually shows up as two dots changing from red to blue in quick succession. If you shoot the criminal, the cop will thank you and ask you to move on before backup arrives. If you shoot the cop, the crim thanks you and disappears off into the night and you get a wanted star or two. Sometimes the crim splits his taking with you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it's a random event (red/blue marker on mini-map), you can help the cop or criminal (cop may still come after you if you don't leave when he tells you to).

However, if it's just the cops chasing some guy/guys (not classed as a Random Event, but just something that's happening in the city), then I think they come after you for shooting someone like they would any other time.

Always check the mini-map.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Came across a class random event west of mount chiliad near where the hunting mission is. I heard a car horn and as I got closer, 2 guys lying on the ground with a briefcase of money, 25k. On a ridge above was a load of cars and dead bodies. Drug deal gone bad or something, was mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Came across a class random event west of mount chiliad near where the hunting mission is. I heard a car horn and as I got closer, 2 guys lying on the ground with a briefcase of money, 25k. On a ridge above was a load of cars and dead bodies. Drug deal gone bad or something, was mad.

Got that one too. Mine played out slightly differently though. For me:
    One of the guys was only nearly dead, and he told me not to take the money. When I did anyway, some guys came and tried to kill me but I got them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Penn wrote: »
    Got that one too. Mine played out slightly differently though. For me:
    One of the guys was only nearly dead, and he told me not to take the money. When I did anyway, some guys came and tried to kill me but I got them first.

Thats the way it played out with me as well, was playing as trevor at the time "what the fu*k do we have here....?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Are other garages that are not marked on the map available to use? I crashed into a house near to were Franklin lives in the hills and when the car settled the garage door started opening. Havent seen that happening at other houses.

Playing a mission last night were I had to park up at the FIB building there was a shark swimming in the middle of the street but as soon as I got out of the car to try take a photo it disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry yeah, same happened to me. I didn't even see the briefcase till yer man told me not to take it! Got killed when the bikers showed up though.

just finished the 50 stunt jumps, the airport jumps 2 & 3, never thought i'd get them done.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Are other garages that are not marked on the map available to use? I crashed into a house near to were Franklin lives in the hills and when the car settled the garage door started opening. Havent seen that happening at other houses.

Generally no, I don't think they open. However there is one garage not too far from Franklin's house which opens, it's part of one of the optional missions.

Generally no, I don't think they open. However there is one garage not too far from Franklin's house which opens, it's part of one of the optional missions.

that garage is to do with the Epsilon Mission, where you deliver certain cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Had a fun time collecting some of the cars. As Franklin I found a car that Michael needed, but couldn't figure out how to exchange a car between the two.

So I tried calling Michael to hang out, and then switching characters, but you can't switch until the 'man-date' is over. As they were going separate ways, I tried switching but every time I left Franklin he disappeared off in the car, so I had to switch back to him to bring the two back together, only to find Michael wandering off in the other direction. Jesus, 'twas like herding cats. Eventually managed it though. There must be an easier way.

Is this like the import/export car missions in previous GTA's?

Really enjoyed them, how dies it work this time and why are there different cars for different characters?

I'm only with Trevor out in sandy shores at the mo, so i havent unlocked it i think?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Is this like the import/export car missions in previous GTA's?

Really enjoyed them, how dies it work this time and why are there different cars for different characters?

I'm only with Trevor out in sandy shores at the mo, so i havent unlocked it i think?

Don't want to spoil it (even it's not a major story point), but there's one optional mission available to Michael which involves collecting 5 cars (no markers on map, he has to find them). I found one of them as Franklin, and "giving" them to Michael was actually quite tricky - but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Don't want to spoil it (even it's not a major story point), but there's one optional mission available to Michael which involves collecting 4 cars (no markers on map, he has to find them). I found one of them as Franklin, and "giving" them to Michael was actually quite tricky - but fun.

Ah ok, so there is no car "checklist" to collect like in previous games?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ah ok, so there is no car "checklist" to collect like in previous games?

Not that I'm aware of. But who knows, given how much is hidden in the game.

• Advertisement

just realized something, there's no pigeons, i always loved tracking them down.

Advertisement