Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know what the story is with the weird camp on Mount chilliad? As soon as you enter, weird music starts and the people in there start shooting you!

Did pick up a nice two weapons when I was in there though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the weird camp on Mount chilliad? As soon as you enter, weird music starts and the people in there start shooting you!

Did pick up a nice two weapons when I was in there though

Isn't that the
    Altruist cult
    ?

You can
    drop people off there as Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I just bought the strategy guide, there's 19 shops to rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I just bought the strategy guide, there's 19 shops to rob.

Thats just in free roam, yeah? I assume there are bank jobs etc in the online bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Thats just in free roam, yeah? I assume there are bank jobs etc in the online bit?

I think it builds up to that alright - I've hit level 10 and am still doing small time gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Any time I have tried to go online its been a disaster.. Between freezing and getting booted from servers.

Aint even managed to finish the tutorial yet it tells me, even though I bet yer man in the initial race in them ****ty cars...

At least I still have the storey mode to keep me going! 30% complete lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Franklin and the golden retriever has been my favourite laugh out loud moment so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hoop66 wrote: »
    I kind of thought that to start, but have really got into three stations:

The Soulwax one, The Lee Perry one and the Gilles Peterson one.

EDIT: that's Soulwax FM, The Blue Ark & Worlwide FM

If I turn on Rock Radio and hear Phil Collins singing one more time i'll cry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If I turn on Rock Radio and hear Phil Collins singing one more time i'll cry :D

"..LIKE I'M THE ONLY GIRL IN WORRRLLLDDD!"

*radio off*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For anyone who has the blueprint map, have any of you got the hidden stuff to show up without a UV light, would running a highlighter over it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

krudler wrote: »
    "..LIKE I'M THE ONLY GIRL IN WORRRLLLDDD!"

*radio off*

Non-stop Pop is the best!!

I always seem to have a radio station war when I play online

Xenji wrote: »
    For anyone who has the blueprint map, have any of you got the hidden stuff to show up without a UV light, would running a highlighter over it work?

i have the blueprint map and a UV light i bought recently for it. You can buy UV Highlight Markers, but if you are referring to the standard fluorescent highlight markers, then no they wont work.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Currently doing the first mission for Devin where you've to steal 2 cars...

JESUS CHRIST is it a long drive! First you've to race them with Franklin, then chase them as Michale, then drive the cars to the dropoff racing Trevor and Franklin (optional race but I want to win!).

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been on the motorbike part and have gotten sideswiped by some dick changing lanes on the highway catapulting Michale into the air and failing the mission. :pac:

As underwhelmed as I am with the music generally, man, I don't think I ever realised what a great pop son 1 Thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone else spot this on Mount chiliad? ? Haven't finished the game so dont know what it is yet

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/1blKNdZg1USE6HwtiD2tzg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone else spot this on Mount chiliad? ? Haven't finished the game so dont know what it is yet

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/1blKNdZg1USE6HwtiD2tzg

It's a hint. However it
    actually means you have to 100% the game,
    not just finish the story.

If you really want to know:
    100% the game, then come back when it's raining at 3 AM, and a UFO will appear. There's a few other easter egg UFOs. People think there's a puzzle related to the mural on Mount Chilliad that the UFOs are a part of, it hasn't been solved yet if so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Finished the game not a fan of the online part,what would extra vision or game stop give me cash for the game?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm finding the missions tough going at the moment... Have gone through a patch where there are what feel like 5 sniping missions in a row. What's most annoying about it is that you're forced to do the sniping. I thought with the three characters we were going to have more of a choice in what we did. I'm enjoying the story but I've just got bogged down and want to do more heists... :\

SRFC wrote: »
    Finished the game not a fan of the online part,what would extra vision or game stop give me cash for the game?

Traded in the Collectors edition in Gamestop for 56 euro.

For anyone having trouble getting Spaceship Part 44, where its under the bridge on one of the buttresses, my strategist guide told me I would have to parachute onto it, after a gazillion attempts, i bought a buzzard chopper for $2 million, and was able to land it on the buttress and step out and get it and fly off:

Buzzard_zpsc0e20490.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

just did this tonight and felt like it was the benny hill show
    go outside the strip club and hit someone..all the strippers come running out and run down the street...laughed so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So I finished the main story tonight. But I think i'm going to start again from the beginning and do it like a real pro this time. First time for me, is always the test run to see what to expect now the real fun begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    just did this tonight and felt like it was the benny hill show
    go outside the strip club and hit someone..all the strippers come running out and run down the street...laughed so much :)

Yeah, I thought it would be fun to set the bouncer on fire, so I got a jerrycan, laid out a trail of oil, shot it, bouncer, everyone in the club runs out and gets set on fire, including Wade :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Already have 60 hours invested into this, don't know how that happened. :eek:

Might as well go and get 100% now, do I need to collect all of the underwater ship/plane (can't remember) parts in order to do so?

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Already have 60 hours invested into this, don't know how that happened. :eek:

Might as well go and get 100% now, do I need to collect all of the underwater ship/plane (can't remember) parts in order to do so?

The following is NOT needed for 100%.

All 12 Hidden Packages
    All Epsilon Tracts
    All Submarine Parts
    All Nuclear Waste Barrels
    20 of the 25 purchasable properties
    25 out of 50 Stunt Jumps
    25 out of 50 Under The Bridge Challenges
    7 out of 15 Knife Flights
    18 out of 19 Shop Robberies
    All Hunting Challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Question about one of the final missions:
    After the Foundry shootout, where the 3 characters do 3 separate assassination missions, Franklin is on a bike going after the Chinese drug dealers, but can't use a gun. How did people kill them? After a few loooooong chases - once around the entire island - I eventually realised I had time to swap to a car, then I could use a gun and killed them easily. Is that a bug, or just a weird quirk?

On the collectibles, is there anything in-game that gives you hints where they are? The map seems too big to just search at random. I did notice the end-credits reveal a few.

Also, Franklin for me always has at least one mission showing up on the character-swap indicator (bottom right), but there's nothing on the map so I don't know if it's a bug or there's some side-mission that I haven't finished.

The more I read this thread the more I realise how many mission types I haven't even found yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

who_me wrote: »
    After the Foundry shootout, where the 3 characters do 3 separate assassination missions, Franklin is on a bike going after the Chinese drug dealers, but can't use a gun. How did people kill them? After a few loooooong chases - once around the entire island - I eventually realised I had time to swap to a car, then I could use a gun and killed them easily. Is that a bug, or just a weird quirk?

On the collectibles, is there anything in-game that gives you hints where they are? The map seems too big to just search at random. I did notice the end-credits reveal a few.

Also, Franklin for me always has at least one mission showing up on the character-swap indicator (bottom right), but there's nothing on the map so I don't know if it's a bug or there's some side-mission that I haven't finished.

The more I read this thread the more I realise how many mission types I haven't even found yet!

Re: Final mission
    You should be able to shoot on the bike. Maybe you had to press Square(PS3)/X(360) to make sure you have a weapon equipped. Had no issue there myself that I can remember

Collectibles, best way is to use the map in the checklist on the Rockstar Social Club Website. It'll show their locations and which ones you have/haven't found. Only thing in-game is you'll hear a noise when you're near one (weird humming for the spaceship parts, paper rustling for the letter scraps). But you have to be pretty close already to hear it. I think they just expected people to look online anyway so didn't put anything specific in the game.

As for Franklin, maybe it's a tow truck mission. Call Tonya on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What I did. I drove a few miles up the road, and planted some sticky bombs in the position that I knew they were going to drive past. Then sure enough, I detonated them when the cars reached the spot. Killed most of them and just gunned down the remaining. Killed him pretty quickly I did.

Franklin has a couple of missions that only appear at certain times of day, the one that was catching me out was with Dom, the daredevil idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Penn wrote: »
    Re: Final mission
    You should be able to shoot on the bike. Maybe you had to press Square(PS3)/X(360) to make sure you have a weapon equipped. Had no issue there myself that I can remember

Collectibles, best way is to use the map in the checklist on the Rockstar Social Club Website. It'll show their locations and which ones you have/haven't found. Only thing in-game is you'll hear a noise when you're near one (weird humming for the spaceship parts, paper rustling for the letter scraps). But you have to be pretty close already to hear it. I think they just expected people to look online anyway so didn't put anything specific in the game.

As for Franklin, maybe it's a tow truck mission. Call Tonya on your phone.

Ah, thanks. I heard the humming parts, but never noticed the paper rustling. It's a pity they didn't include some kind of hints/skill/game in there to help with finding them. Just following an online list or going through the entire map looking for small items seems a bit of a chore.

On having a weapon equipped, I never even had to use the swap button when in a vehicle previously (always had lots of ammo in the Uzi), perhaps for some reason it's disabled at the start of that section. It was only when I moved the camera that I realised why "it" wasn't shooting, I was just flipping the bird at those guys several hundred times in a row! :P

Advertisement