Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

LEIN wrote: »
    During the original duct work, cable was laid as I can remember seeing the reel attached to the back of a van and I also find it hard to believe that 200Mb is possible without fibre.

The broadband has cut out a couple of times this evening, and the wind is blowing quite a bit outside. I'm finding it hard to believe ATM that BB is wired up instead of wireless.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

astrofluff wrote: »
    The broadband has cut out a couple of times this evening, and the wind is blowing quite a bit outside. I'm finding it hard to believe ATM that BB is wired up instead of wireless.

I really don't know. I had a Google and all that has served to do is confuse me more.

I finally got around to upgrading my network card.

3496566536.png

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Hi, I've dropped an email to Customer loyalty rep for an update.

Original date for marketing letter was to be after the 20th of May and to have the full UPC service including Horizon available the first week in June.

Hopefully these dates are still correct. I'll update once I get a reply

lakeroad wrote: »
    Hi, I've dropped an email to Customer loyalty rep for an update.

Original date for marketing letter was to be after the 20th of May and to have the full UPC service including Horizon available the first week in June.

Hopefully these dates are still correct. I'll update once I get a reply

Do you have the email address?

• Advertisement

Do you have the email address?

Update from UPC:

"We are on target for the launch dates as outlined, if not a little ahead of schedule."

Sorry I can't give email out but all looks good for June. HD for the World Cup!

Thanks for the info lakeroad.

I just done some research... It didn't make for great reading....

Look at the many threads here.

When the time comes I will be asking for internet and WiFi to be disabled on the Horizon box and keeping the most recent router they gave me....

Agree, I have friends with the new samsung box and they struggle with the poor wireless signal.

I have a Asus RT-N66U router connected to my Cisco modem to boost the signal around the house. I have disabled the wifi on the Cisco and use the Asus as an access point.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Agree, I have friends with the new samsung box and they struggle with the poor wireless signal.

I have a Asus RT-N66U router connected to my Cisco modem to boost the signal around the house. I have disabled the wifi on the Cisco and use the Asus as an access point.

I have the Samsung box also and found that the wireless was a bit shy when out in the back garden so I got a repeater thing from dabs.ie and after 4 hours setting it up ( plug and play ) it works fine and now not only have wi-fi in the garden but have full signal in my shed..!

I had the Cisco and eircom routers that I wanted to use as a extender but seen as I'm the second worst computer user in the world I decided against trying to set it up.. Sure it's taken me over 4 days solid to try and get an IP cam working...!!

Won't be long before the PC goes out through the top window..!

All in all though, I'm happy with the new service, big difference from Christmas time..!

Update from UPC:

"We are on target for the launch dates as outlined, if not a little ahead of schedule."

Sorry I can't give email out but all looks good for June. HD for the World Cup!

Is it a personal email address? :confused:

Is it a personal email address? :confused:

Yes it's a personal email, I was asked not to give it out.

I should have more information tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Please do keep us informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

UPC gone again in Charlesland?

No problems in the Wood.

Reboot router, pc, laptop, phone or all of above. Start with router though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

doccy wrote: »
    UPC gone again in Charlesland?

works ok for me

Thanks .. It's gone in Eden gate, but not charleslands it seems according to cheerful UPC message.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

doccy wrote: »
    Thanks .. It's gone in Eden gate, but not charleslands it seems according to cheerful UPC message.

It's gone in mine in the park, Missus tells me she has full signal but no connection so back on to 3G again to complete her work.

I noticed earlier the d/l speed was awful as the kids wanted to watch something on Netflix also can't get on to my ip cam either..

Hopefully they have it sorted by tomorrow otherwise ill be making that phone call...

It's back up and running now.

Hi Folks

Update from UPC -

* On the 10th June 2014 the MMDS service will be switched over to UPC's fibre network. This will provide Charlesland with all of UPC's current packages including Horizon.

* Existing UPC customers in Charlesland will require a new UPC set top box. This will be installed for free by UPC.

* Existing UPC customers in Charlesland will receive a letter in the post this week and will be contacted by phone early next week.

* A press release will be in the papers in coming weeks.

* UPC are in the process of setting up a dedicated phone number for Charlesland customers to contact regarding the upgrade.

So folks it looks like we are nearly there. I will have further information in the coming days.

Did anyone receive a letter from UPC today?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dubjackeen

No Letter received!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Nothing yet but that's great news.

@Lakeroad: Where did you get your info? I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything on their website!

@Lakeroad: Where did you get your info? I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything on their website!

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

You only need a new set top box if you're moving to horizon.

The old ones will still work, you will receive the additional channels on that

I can confirm lakeroad's info as I have received the communication letter this morning. There'll be a dedicated team but the phone number will still be 1908. The web address is http://www.upc.ie/charlesland/

For the 'NTL' branded boxes, they won't work on the new system. So you will need a new box to replace that one. For all recording boxes, your current TV planner recording settings will be wiped - you won't lose your existing recordings though. You'll just have to set recordings up again.

this didnt happen when i moved from charlesland? i kept everything? they just told me to plug in the boxes and they reset some settings on thier end.

FYI: retuning guide on the upc charlesland site:

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/returning/UPC_Retuning_April14.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I can confirm lakeroad's info as I have received the communication letter this morning. There'll be a dedicated team but the phone number will still be 1908. The web address is http://www.upc.ie/charlesland/

For the 'NTL' branded boxes, they won't work on the new system. So you will need a new box to replace that one. For all recording boxes, your current TV planner recording settings will be wiped - you won't lose your existing recordings though. You'll just have to set recordings up again.
    But with on-demand, the need to record quite so much is gone!

That's a big bonus.

I wonder if I need to get onto them now about my broadband speed or wait to see if it resolves itself come the switchover to fibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know if Eden gate will get this upgrade? No leaflet yesterday or today in the mailbox.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Eden gate will get this upgrade? No leaflet yesterday or today in the mailbox.

I would have have thought so but who knows with UPC.

Is anyone on 120Mb or 200Mb BB up there at the moment?

Advertisement