Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ro23 wrote:
    Anyone had any word on how the upgrade to the network is going in Greystones?

I asked (before Xmas) the Boards UPC reps when it would be available to order and they said "in the new year".

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

loyatemu wrote: »
    I asked (before Xmas) the Boards UPC reps when it would be available to order and they said "in the new year".

I'm in Rathdown Park, and apparently they're wiring up my place today, according to the UPC guy who knocked on the door on Friday.

Alan_P wrote: »
    I'm in Rathdown Park, and apparently they're wiring up my place today, according to the UPC guy who knocked on the door on Friday.

they've put new wires on my house, and removed the old one - haven't heard anything since, but they've put in a few new manholes and cabinets around the place as well.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

More price increases :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

wicklowdub wrote: »
    I've had the same issue since last weekend, I've been onto support and had a factory reset & a channel change - neither of which has made any difference. Interesting that someone else is having the same experience. Its obviously not a problem with individual routers then.

I had the same problem on the 240Mbps service, I upgraded to the 360Mbps service and works perfectly now. I can only guess that the dropouts are related to the upgrades VM were carrying out and the older modem not being able to cope. Not sure that VM will own up to this being the case though!

• Advertisement

Anyone having issues the past few days?

Steaming TV on my android devices is painful to say the least.

I'm based in Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johncos99

Yes, I'm having serious problems with WiFi. Currently on 240mb virgin media package. Based on charlesland too.

She's been sucking diesel the past few day here in Charlesland Wood!!

6440399353.png

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Internet dummy here. I am on sky tv with VF bb both out of contract. Was looking at virgin maybe but they tell me my house doesn't support their service so sorry etc. How do I test line or capability etc as I don't know. I don't want a provider to sell me a package only to find out that my house has sh*t internet and no good for iptv. Looking for advice please....thanks

Sasso wrote: »
    Internet dummy here. I am on sky tv with VF bb both out of contract. Was looking at virgin maybe but they tell me my house doesn't support their service so sorry etc. How do I test line or capability etc as I don't know. I don't want a provider to sell me a package only to find out that my house has sh*t internet and no good for iptv. Looking for advice please....thanks

If Virgin say it's not available at your address then they're probably right.

Is your VF broadband via the phone line? Stick your phone number in here to see what speed you're getting, if it's over 40 you can probably get IPTV from Vodafone or Eir (or just ring either of them and ask).

• Advertisement
Advertisement