Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

No worries. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Lovely.. All the hd channels in time for the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Eponymous wrote: »
    Anyone else getting error 1090 when attempting to install?

I rang customer support as per the instructions and selected option two for tech support but then there's no option of installation or TV, only broadband or telephone.
    Got through and spoke to someone, having selected option two for tech support then option 1 for broadband, listened to a LOOOOOOOONG recorded message and then selected the option for self-install support and wasn't holding for long.

Turns out 1090 error is because the box wasn't properly activated (he used a different word, but I can't recall it!). Anyway, he's putting the call to the relevant team to activate it and should be able to try again around 9:30 tonight. Not ideal, but hopefully this will be it sorted!

Robertr wrote: »
    So much for 200mb :(:( This is a wired test on the new Horizon box

3555310970.png

Use the Dublin Vodafone server for best results.

3555430308.png

That didn't work anyway and now the support guys are gone for the evening, which means this won't be sorted before tomorrow evening.

Well done UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 aaa50

Anyone lose there recorder with the upgrade. My old box recorded programmes, new box doesn't seem to

aaa50 wrote: »
    Anyone lose there recorder with the upgrade. My old box recorded programmes, new box doesn't seem to

You need to reprogram your series links. You wiped the box, you need to set it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

aaa50 wrote: »

How many boxes did you have, and which ones are they? I don't think the Plus box needed to be swapped out. Maybe the new HD box (non-Plus) was to swap out for a tiny silver multi-room box?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

squezer wrote: »
    Hi there, is there any chance you can avoid paying €90 for a horizon bundle. I rang 1908 couple of minutes ago and was told I have to pay activation fee if I want to upgrade to horizon bundle and there is no way they will waive it off. Has any of you experienced the same, many thanks for any advise.

Squezer..I've to get 2 old pace boxes replaced and was given two options yesterday by UPC - 2 new boxes OR free Horizon Box. Was told if I took the 2 new boxes but later decided to upgrade to Horizon they'd charge me €90.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 squezer

Hi skelly22,
    I rang UPC 1890940635 and got it sorted, no activation fee, upgrade to horizon, box on the way, new 12 mths contract required but can handle that, everything went nice and easy ... Funny thing same company, same sales team but different outcome :-)

• Advertisement

:eek:

3557491657.png

Cheers astrofluff u nailed it.I rang them today and they thought I had 3 boxes- a digital recorder which I pay a fiver a month to have and they sent the 2 new boxes to replace the other 2 boxes they think I have. But I gave them back when I upgraded to the digital recorder 4 yrs ago or so. So the upgrade is not for the recorder as u say but for the 2 boxes I don't have and have given back. wish they mentioned this in their letters. all their letters said was that I had to upgrade no mention of digital recorder not needing upgrade. anyways upc lady on phone said that no problem digital recorder can be put back...problem is I tried that just now and guess what no signal from the digital recorder that didn't need an upgrade- problem screwed up something tuning the new boxes to factory settings or something.

You still need to set up on the new system - go to settings, look for Network search or something like that and do a search using 321 as the activation code - that will setup you up on the 'Wicklow' network.

LEIN wrote: »
    :eek:

3557491657.png
    Up and running, did speed test on both Speedtest.net and on the UPC site, just about getting 30mbps... I guess it'll be yet another call to them tomorrow!

Also, how do you get the keyboard side of the remote running, does anyone know?

Eponymous, are you doing your speedtest over wifi?

A speed test while all of you lovely folk sleep. :P

UPC%20Ireland%20Speed%20Test.png

astrofluff wrote: »
    You still need to set up on the new system - go to settings, look for Network search or something like that and do a search using 321 as the activation code - that will setup you up on the 'Wicklow' network.
    cheers astrfluf that workd

astrofluff wrote: »
    Eponymous, are you doing your speedtest over wifi?
    Yep. But with a device that can do better than those speeds over wifi that that. I'm getting better speeds with my 4g hotspot!

Eponymous wrote: »
    Yep. But with a device that can do better than those speeds over wifi that that. I'm getting better speeds with my 4g hotspot!

UPC will only stand over wired speeds. You will be fighting a losing battle if you call them.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll do a wired test this evening and another Wi-Fi one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 toxytag

Just a quick question. What do people think of the Horizon box from Upc I was thinking of getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

toxytag wrote: »
    Just a quick question. What do people think of the Horizon box from Upc I was thinking of getting it

Longtime UPC broadband customer so decided to switch to the UPC package to save a few yo yo's. The box arrived last week via courier..... Cancelled Sky....wish i hadn't... Box is very laggy and painfuly slow. It's like change the channel and wait 3 seconds then change to the next channel etc. Press the remote a few times and nothing happens and then boom it scrolls past 10 channels. Terrible awful EPG. The Now screen to show what's on is useless. Sky's EPG is superior by bucket loads. Has apps like facebook etc. which i will never use. Had to reinstall my old router because of constant wifi signal drops from the box. You will be constantly rebooting switching off this box to prevent lag. Some recordings have gone missing. Have UPC tech support now on speed dial. If you are not tech friendly it could be your worst nightmare to set up properly although broadband is excellent when setup correctly. Suggest read the forums here. Wish i had before signing up.

mrmright wrote: »
    Longtime UPC broadband customer so decided to switch to the UPC package to save a few yo yo's. The box arrived last week via courier..... Cancelled Sky....wish i hadn't... Box is very laggy and painfuly slow. It's like change the channel and wait 3 seconds then change to the next channel etc. Press the remote a few times and nothing happens and then boom it scrolls past 10 channels. Terrible awful EPG. The Now screen to show what's on is useless. Sky's EPG is superior by bucket loads. Has apps like facebook etc. which i will never use. Had to reinstall my old router because of constant wifi signal drops from the box. You will be constantly rebooting switching off this box to prevent lag. Some recordings have gone missing. Have UPC tech support now on speed dial. If you are not tech friendly it could be your worst nightmare to set up properly although broadband is excellent when setup correctly. Suggest read the forums here. Wish i had before signing up.

This is pretty much my experience of it.

Still have our Digital+ box, which got relegated to the dining room after the arrival of the Horizon box, but have to say, I'm seriously contemplating swapping them around. Nothing about the Horizon UI inspires confidence. It's difficult to read the small text on our SD TV, some text is not on the screen at all despite having it set properly, particularly on the left hand side. Things might improve when we get a new HD telly later in the year... I've given up on the EPG and tend now to use the Horizon App to look and see what's on. It's handy from there too that you can set items to record remotely (and even when away from home).

The wifi coverage from the Horizon box is terrible, low/no signal in the kitchen and even in the living room it goes up and down like a yoyo.

The Horizon App for Android got updated yesterday and with that you can now use your phone or tablet as a remote control for the Horizon Box. It doesn't improve the experience in navigating menus at all, but it's better than using the remote they give you. We've already had to seek a replacement for the one that came with the box. One "nice to have" feature they've missed is the ability to use the TV guide on the App to change the channel on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Just got onto loyalty team as our previous discounts expired.

New discounts applied bringing us from 80 Euro pm to 54euro pm with faster broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Just ordered two of these. It will do up 500 Mbs (if we ever see that day)through the electricity socket. Very portable for when Wireless just won't cut it :)

ZyXEL 500 Mbps Mini Powerline Pass-Thru Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit

• Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

hi,

31 July 2014. Am I alone in Greystones in being without analogue TV service from UPC for over a week?

Maybe I am UPC's only analogue TV customer! Has the rest of civilisation advanced to UPC digital, Sky or Eircom's eVision?

If I've missed a thread on this topic, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zoe zebra

You're not alone. Our TV has been gone for over a week now. UPC send messages saying the fault will be fixed soon but it never is. Now going to cancel them and look at alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Hi, I too am on analogue still. No TV service for two weeks now, frustrating. And no sign of repair. Anyone know update story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

UPC , have you any update ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Sasso wrote: »
    UPC , have you any update ?

Wrong forum! You'd need to ask on talk to ...

Advertisement