Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of life you've found to be true

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read that that the Swiss are very honest people.
    Recently in Switzerland I was on the train and realised I had taken the wrong connecting train and was going in the wrong direction, in my haste I left my iPhone on the train as I got off at the next stop.
    Then 15 minutes later realised my phone was off on it's own trip and I had to go after it. I thought that was the last I would see of that phone.
    So I got the next train and at the next stop I got off and went to the ticket office, and said I had left my iPhone on the train, the woman who I said this to, got up and went and got my phone much to my great relief as it was a new phone and not insured.
    As I said, I had read the Swiss are very honest in nature and I will forever remember how when I was careless, the honesty of others made it a good experience, one has to admire the goodness in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

necro threads suck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Please dont mention the H word around these parts

Oh dear! What has that H fellow gone and done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Time wounds all heals.

Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

If its too good to be true then it probably it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

People in business will lie lie lie lie lie and lie some more to further their own agenda or feather their own nest.

Integrity and truth and long gone, like old words almost. Like codswallop, or fuddyduddy.

The caring kind people in this world NEVER express they are. They just are. Those that scream it from the rooftops, talk about their charity work incessantly, post it on Facebook, on their instagram, twitter etc etc etc (ie most celebrities) You can take it to the bank they are massaging their egos rather than being altruistic and selfless. Would they do such a thing if their was no promotion whatsoever?. Highly, highly unlikely!.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

That blondes have more fun.

That if you're better looking than someone who is of similar skill to you then you'll move up the work ladder faster.

That its hard, nigh impossible, to win an argument with a woman.

That 4 year olds will always be the funniest people on earth.

That Back To The Future is the greatest trilogy of all time.

I agree with that to an extent. But I think only if all other things equal, for instance if theres two employees of same skill level, I think after that they choose by personality. Who's best at team working, public speaking, attitude etc. But if theres two employees who are both adequately certified and skilled and both have suitable personalities then they'll pick the better looking person of the two imo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

People from Dubai don't watch the Flintstones, but people from Abu Dhabi do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

You can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all of the time. Definitely true I think. You can't suit everyone so why try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

RobertKK wrote: »
    I read that that the Swiss are very honest people.
    Recently in Switzerland I was on the train and realised I had taken the wrong connecting train and was going in the wrong direction, in my haste I left my iPhone on the train as I got off at the next stop.
    Then 15 minutes later realised my phone was off on it's own trip and I had to go after it. I thought that was the last I would see of that phone.
    So I got the next train and at the next stop I got off and went to the ticket office, and said I had left my iPhone on the train, the woman who I said this to, got up and went and got my phone much to my great relief as it was a new phone and not insured.
    As I said, I had read the Swiss are very honest in nature and I will forever remember how when I was careless, the honesty of others made it a good experience, one has to admire the goodness in others.

Not sure if same would have happened if you took the Luas red like to Tallagh, but it's a nice story anyway.

It has re-affirmed my faith in wealth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

You are far more lightly to be F*cked over by a guy in a suit than one in a Tracksuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

School really is the best time of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Tucker's Law:

If some **** can **** something up, that **** will pick the worst possible time to ****ing **** up because that ****'s a ****.

I'm not going to bother trying to get around the swear filter, I'd be here all day. Here's the uncensored version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

After monday and tuesday, even the calender says W T F

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Fire Hot

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rojito

A woman looks after her kitchen the same way she looks after her vagina.

An old Peruvian lady told me that, and experience has shown me it to be true.

(I'm 100% sure there is a similar comparison for men but I can't speak from experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Did she have a nice kitchen?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Where ever you go, there you are.

You can move town, country or continent but you can't escape yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Or as Tony Soprano put it "There's no geographical solution to an emotional problem"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Pop music from the 70s, or 80s sounds better than modern music, since pop music now is mostly made by people using laptops , pcs ,
    using the same programs and samples .
    Bands can be in the charts now without having any great musical talent
    if the singer is sexy and they have a good music video.
    My theory is pop groups in the 80s, had to gain experience and play music live
    for a few years before they had a song in the charts .
    Theres still great groups and singers out there and great songwriters .
    Every action program from the 80s will be rebooted as a new tv series
    or movie .
    The government should make cannabis legal over 21 and tax it,
    as there zero chance of stopping people getting it .
    The present law just makes it easy for crinimals to make money.
    As in certain states in the us where theres shops that sell it to adults .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

George Harrison is the best Beatle.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nellieelephant

History repeats itself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

History repeats itself

In my experience, history doesn't repeat itself.
    People do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The more you do for people the less that is thought of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Corvo wrote: »
    There's plenty more fish in the sea.............

But you got to have bait. (Homer Simpson)

• Site Banned Posts: 391 ✭✭paralysed

That its hard, nigh impossible, to win an argument with a woman.
    And why would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

longshanks wrote: »
    George Harrison is the best Beatle.

George Martin was the best Beatle

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

That the older I get the more I realize many many people have the maturity of 5 year olds. It's incredible how petty some people are. Never ceases to amaze me to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Dying aint much of a living

Advertisement