Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of life you've found to be true

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That a lot of people on LiveLeaks are worse than scum.

Just read the comments, and you'll know what I mean... load of degenerate 'human beings' with not a single ounce of compassion for their fellow man or living thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

99.99999999% of people neither know of or care about your existence.

99.99999999% of people neither know of or care about your existence.

100 people?

That's way more than what I know would care for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

BeerWolf wrote: »
    100 people?

aaaaaawwwwww :(

We care for you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

BeerWolf wrote: »
    100 people?

Internet brofist!

………..
    ……………….__
    …………./´¯/‘…’/´¯¯`·¸
    ………./‘/…/…./……./¨¯\
    ……..(’(…´…´…. ¯~/‘…’)
    ………\……………..‘…../
    ……….’’…\………. _.·´
    …………\…………..(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Kieran McGeeney was so successful as a GAA manager.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Orangebags

Life is inherently pointless, so take control and enjoy it as best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

CruelCoin wrote: »
    War waged for religion (jihad, crusades, etc) were waged for imaginary friends, not money.

I would classify those wars, and the acts committed in them as evil.

Quite often it was about control of land, ports, passages for goods and so all about money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Orangebags wrote: »

Take control of something you feel is inherently pointless? I don't think you've thought this through very well.

Orangebags wrote: »

We got an Anarchist here!

Where's the authorities ? :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I wonder has anybody changed their lives after reading one of these threads, just stood up from their work desk and said Fu*k it and walked out the door to a more contented life or the dole.

And if they do can they get someone to film it so we can all see it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A good deed rarely goes unpunished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

mikemac1 wrote: »
    On their deathbed nobody wishes they spent more time in the office

Well I'm a young 'un but have seen far too many co workers made redundant and all those late evening unpaid and working through lunches didn't save them.

Or get ignored at promotion time.

Working free overtime in an office if you are not the owner or top brass getting a bonus is a suckers game.

So true. A friend of mine seems to be constantly working and constantly exhausted and completely stressed out by her job. I know the bills have to be paid but Jaysus how anyone can live a life like that I don't know. Working from 7 in the morning til 7 at night Monday to Friday and sometimes on a Saturday on top of that. I would rather have a lesser paid job with normal hours. Life is way too short for that $hit.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Everyone thinks their wedding is special and unique.

Having spend years as a barman and working 2 of these every week from May to September they are all a blur.

I can't recall a single one that stood out in any special way.

Absobleedinlutely. The more weddings I go to the more cynical I'm getting about all the bells and whistles that go with them. They're all the flippin' same. Even the ones abroad are the same only the weather is nice and people have paid more to be there. Ultimately the fellas end up with their ties around their heads and the girls in bare feet or flip flops- no matter how classy or expensive the day was. Nothing wrong with that of course- but just seems mad money to spend on something that is the same as every other wedding.

I've learned that often the people who have been dealt the toughest blows in life are often the ones who pick themselves up and get on with their lives as opposed to people who have little wrong in their lives but continue to moan nonetheless.

Similarly it's often those who are most badly off are the most generous, and the better off are the most miserly. They're rich for a reason I suppose.

I've also noticed I'm agreeing with mikemac1 a lot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

It's surely true that your looks affect how people behave towards you. E.g. there's a massive difference in how women not wearing make-up are received compared to when they wear well-applied make-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

The gay pride thing isn't about being proud of being gay, it's about being proud of fighting the prejudice (which still exists, doesn't matter if it's far less - it's still there) and it's about not being ashamed and no longer having to hide it. Sure, there is an attention-seeking element and those who are just out for a piss-up, but for many gay people it is an important symbolic event.
    wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Yep, here's another fact: Anyone who wears Dr Dre headphones * in the gym is a dickhead.

* If you don't know what these are: they're not normal headphones.
    Are they not just headphones but with the Dre thing written on them?
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    There is no such thing as fate. Not everything happens for a reason.
    This I've started to question: there are too many coincidences and patterns for me to accept it's all random, e.g.
    You will remember something important you've left at home at the exact point in your journey where it's no longer worthwhile turning back for it.
    The above kinda phenomena, Murphy's Law etc - why do they always, always happen without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Live by this video!

edit: already posted. Wear Sunscreen video

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Break80

No Matter how bad things are for you. There is bound to be someone in a worst position on this planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Are they not just headphones but with the Dre thing written on them?.

They are just headphones with a large b on each ear. They don't say dre. Decent headphones. Loads of guys(and girls) the gym wearing them minding their own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Break80 wrote: »
    No Matter how bad things are for you. There is bound to be someone in a worst position on this planet.

...and that generally doesn't make one feel even a smidgen better about their own problems anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Quite often it was about control of land, ports, passages for goods and so all about money.

I agree. Its always about money and power. Religion is just dressing for the same theme

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are they not just headphones but with the Dre thing written on them?

They're incredibly expensive headphones with average-poor quality, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

bluewolf wrote: »
    They're incredibly expensive headphones with average-poor quality, apparently

The same could be said for iphones. Each to their own. Who really cares if they want to wear them, leave them to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The same could be said for iphones. Each to their own. Who really cares if they want to wear them, leave them to it.

I'm hardly running around ripping them out of their heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm hardly running around ripping them out of their heads

Hilarious image is conjured up in my mind's eye. Chuckle chuckle.

Likewise, there's always someone better than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

This was never more true for me than this morning.
    I was feeling a bit down over certain things and then I heard a report from Syria from one of the Newstalk journalists and I was so ashamed of my first world "problems". :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

It is not a secret if three people know it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

If you compare anyone in a first world country to someone of the same age in a third world one then the first world guy/girl wins every time.

Those "there's always someone worse off" statements are only ever acceptable when they are in some way among the realms of realistic.

It is not a secret if three people know it.

Not even if two people know it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭EdCastle

Cash & killer looks are king.

Advertisement