Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of life you've found to be true

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

1. The juice of any citrus fruit you peel by hand will make an immediate and unerring trajectory into your eye.

2. You will like pretty much every song on your iPod, until it's on shuffle, at which point you will like approximately 1 in 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

BBDBB wrote: »
    most people who think they have a good sense of humour........dont

Good sense of humour doesn't necessarily mean the person is funny though - can just mean the ability to have a laugh and appreciate humour instead of being a big serious-head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

your health is your wealth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Not true.

But how else will I console myself when things go wrong? :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Wossack wrote: »
    your health is your wealth

Nope. Its often found that where wealth is concerned, you need a reasonably good amount of it to maintain your health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    But how else will I console myself when things go wrong? :D :P

Well, youve got the youth and feminism points bang on anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

foxinsox wrote: »
    That if you have sex you can get pregnant!

Fact..

Or so I've heard..

No, I'm not.

I'm clearly a terrible person but every time I read one of your posts I just get an image in my head similar to this.

When obviously, you clearly are this person. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You are never EVER going to be old enough NOT to feel uncomfortable when you hear your parents having sex:D

You are never EVER going to be old enough NOT to feel uncomfortable when you hear your parents having sex:D

...unless you're from Rush, Co. Dublin and then you might join in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Every bus in Dublin does NOT go through O'Connell Street.

• Advertisement

Women deep down want to submit to a man who makes them feel safe.

They'll never admit to that, and that's why I've learned not to pay heed to women's list of most desirable traits. They say one thing to a stranger but their deepest thoughts are kept to themselves 99.9% of the time.

I've learned this the hard way, through years of being lied to by TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

"99%" or "99.9%" are unfounded statistics.

They'll never admit to that
    No prob admitting it - it's not "deep down" either.
    and that's why I've learned not to pay heed to women's list of most desirable traits. They say one thing to a stranger but their deepest thoughts are kept to themselves 99.9% of the time.
    Nah, not applicable to lots of women either. You should emphasise you're only talking about the annoying women you're attracted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

They'll never admit to that, and that's why I've learned not to pay heed to women's list of most desirable traits. They say one thing to a stranger but their deepest thoughts are kept to themselves 99.9% of the time.

Is PUA the new theology or something?

I want to feel safe in a relationship. I want to feel safe in everything I do. Being in danger is not much craic.

Submit to them? :D In what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

Never argue with a fool.

A woman wants to be lead by a man. But there is one huge caveat, she must feel complete trust in him being capable and adept at leading her. Once that's in place she can feel feminine and safe around him.

Reregs are some craic.

Led on a lead, like? Like a dog? Sometimes! ;) You're a kinky one, you are! When I hear words like "Lead" and "submit", my mind goes into dirty mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

That if something/some-one's for you it/they won't pass you by

That the key to being happy is to make some-one else happy.

That regrets are useless. You can't change the past so why dwell on it.

That you should never judge a book by its cover.

That you should enjoy every moment you are given.

That you should work to live, not live to work.

That money is not the be all and end all.

That looks aren't everything.

That deep down we all just want to be loved and accepted as we are.

That if it looks to good to be true it probably is.

That you should always be true to yourself and not change for anyone or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

A woman wants to be lead by a man. But there is one huge caveat, she must feel complete trust in him being capable and adept at leading her. Once that's in place she can feel feminine and safe around him.
    Fifty Shades of Grey is a poorly written, inaccurate portrayal of a dom/sub relationship.

I assume this is where you formed your opinion. It's bullshit, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Neo liberalism has been a global and financial disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Life is too short for regrets.

It takes too much energy to hate someone - forget and move on.

Its perfectly acceptable to hate someone. If someone doesnt want to forget then they dont have to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That in spite of feminism, women remain hardest on each other.

That the more attractive you are, the harder things will be -peers pick on you as a teen, men think you think you're out of their league, women think you think you're above them...when neither is true.

That the longest life is short and that nobody will ever love you as much as your parents do.
    What about people whose parent(s) abused them?

I don't know that women are hardest on each other. It's 50/50 women/men I'd say.

I'm sure being really beautiful can have its pitfalls, but being ugly is obviously gonna be harder. Life is probably easiest in that regard though for people who are somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Some people are just beyond help and will never be happy or like to see others around them happy .

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

Hard embarrassing fact: Michael D Higgins is an embarrassing little ork as a figure head of our country. Seriously...dress him up in a little green suit and ginger beard and just listen to him!!! And why has every Government party leader of this s**thole had the most embarrassingly non masculine name Berty? Enda? Amongst the rest of the heads of state on European t.v.? The only one who had a decent name had a face like a plumbers toolbag/ pitbull licking piss off a nettle!

Celery is tasteless to some but delicious to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

it goes on.

Faze11 wrote: »
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Unless, by fluke, you get something else. Generally I'd agree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

Those who "can" do....Those who "can't" teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭PingO_O

Ugh not true at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

You could easily turn that on it's head and say those who can't teach "do", and those who can teach, will do a lot more.

Advertisement