Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

AFAIK it's all but a done deal, but it shouldn't prevent him doing both really

A quick google shows there hasn't been a news update since mid-May and even then it's still quite speculative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Could be tricky; Joel has a new chat show and Gillian Jacobs has signed onto season 4 of Girls. Hopefully they'll be able to work around them ... IF this happens

Gillian is only recurring on Girls. She could easily do Community too, just like Alison has been on both Mad Men and Community for years.

The main cast are under contract with Sony until mid/the end of June.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

♪ Troy & Abed into Gaming ♪

Not much of n update but Season 6 looking unlikely

The relevant info from the tvline site
    Question: Any word on how talks are going regarding Hulu picking up Community? Please tell me we haven’t seen the last of Annie’s Boobs. —Tom
    Ausiello: I would if I could but I can’t. Unfortunately, I hear it’s looking unlikely that Hulu will come to the show’s rescue, although talks are continuing. Danny Pudi, meanwhile, tells us, “I’m not holding on to any hope. If it happens, great! If it doesn’t, I feel great about what we were able to accomplish.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hulu supposedly given up talks to take on the show.
    http://tvline.com/2014/06/24/community-resurrection-hopes-dim-as-hulu-talks-collapse/

One week left until the burial.

Hulu supposedly given up talks to take on the show.
    http://tvline.com/2014/06/24/community-resurrection-hopes-dim-as-hulu-talks-collapse/

One week left until the burial.

What's in a week?

EDIT the actors' deals run out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Guys, it's time to call it. Time of Death n' all that. Community just ain't coming back so let's just be happy it went out on a high :)

Hulu could never have afforded it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It would appear the asteroid is closing in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm a little surprised Netflix aren't biting on this as they've committed to new seasons for a number of shows: Trailer Park Boys, The Killing, and Arrested Development. Maybe their own efforts are costing too much money.

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised Netflix aren't biting on this as they've committed to new seasons for a number of shows: Trailer Park Boys, The Killing, and Arrested Development. Maybe their own efforts are costing too much money.

Hulu have exclusive streaming rights. Netflix would never make a 6th season when they couldn't stream the first 5.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

alroley wrote: »
    Hulu have exclusive streaming rights. Netflix would never make a 6th season when they couldn't stream the first 5.
    Didn't realise they had the rights. That explains it. Shame it wasn't sold to Netflix then as we'd probably have got another season as they seem to have a much bigger budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This was always the likely outcome.

The early optimism was based on wishful thinking and not a whole lot more.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    This was always the likely outcome.

The early optimism was based on wishful thinking and not a whole lot more.

Just change your username to Britta and be done with it ;)

ixoy wrote: »
    Didn't realise they had the rights. That explains it. Shame it wasn't sold to Netflix then as we'd probably have got another season as they seem to have a much bigger budget.

If netflix had the rights, I think we may have gotten six seasons and a movie :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I propose we keep this thread alive by posting Brie gifs once a week

briekimmel.gif

Last day to get it done

Alison-Brie-GIF-046.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Must get round to watching Mad Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Oh my god... amazing news!

abed-from-community-smiling.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

trouble now is keeping the cast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well that has made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Holy crap it actuallly happened! This is amazing!

As for keeping the cast, they're all still under contract and all genuinely seem to love the show, Joel McHale in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and a movie?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This, is brilliant news!

trouble now is keeping the cast
    I get the impression, judging by vocal they are about the show, that every one of the main cast will be back.

I know Gillian has a recurring spot on girls, and Joel has a movie coming out.. but I'd be suprised it they lose any of them tbh.

Can't see Jonathan Banks or John Oliver back however.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow!!! I never actually had expected this. I thought it was dead...

• Advertisement

7KGEDB.png

Advertisement