Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

r.i.p community

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Listening to Harmontown and in his rap, Dan says "Kickstarter Season 6" but then a quick Google leads me to...

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/85510995369/more-than-a-tweet

Well worth a read

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Metro today quotes Community cancellation as a drama show

*cringe*

The Metro today quotes Community cancellation as a drama show

*cringe*

Oh dear

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Advertisement

So last night I have one of those "back in school" type dreams we've all had at some stage, except this time Im back in college and who's in my class? Yup, the cast of Community.

Now most of it is a bit blurry but one part of the dream that stands out is all of us in class, we're in a chemistry lab and in walks Alison Brie.

In a mac.

And wearing just exactly this underneath

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i40awByG_Xs/UyHLlM_CdPI/AAAAAAAAjbI/xfdhEiDAJmk/s1600/Allison-Brie-GIF-30.gif

So she takes off the mac and gets up on the desk to be "examined" in the lab.

Great dream eh?

Well it was all going grand until Dwight from the Office shows up, drops his trousers and for some reason starts rubbing his arse off Alison's knee.

Dwight_Schrute.jpg

:(

Note to self, before going to bed never do these 3 things within a short space of each other:

Eat something
    Read this thread, and then
    Watch the US Office on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    So last night I have one of those "back in school" type dreams we've all had at some stage, except this time Im back in college and who's in my class? Yup, the cast of Community.

Now most of it is a bit blurry but one part of the dream that stands out is all of us in class, we're in a chemistry lab and in walks Alison Brie.

In a mac.

And wearing just exactly this underneath

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i40awByG_Xs/UyHLlM_CdPI/AAAAAAAAjbI/xfdhEiDAJmk/s1600/Allison-Brie-GIF-30.gif

So she takes off the mac and gets up on the desk to be "examined" in the lab.

Note to self, before going to bed always do these 2 things within a short space of each other:

Eat something
    Read this thread

FYP

Sweet dreams everybody

FunLover18 wrote: »
    FYP

Sweet dreams everybody

I see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Good article on the AV club today. Does make me a little less optimistic about the show being picked up unfortunately. The logistics sound like they would be very difficult to manage. :(

http://www.avclub.com/article/why-community-resurrection-extraordinarily-unlikel-204540

This suddenly seems relevant again

Oh and this ;)

hin5xmp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sad end to the series. Wouldn't mind a movie to wrap things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sad end to the series. Wouldn't mind a movie to wrap things up.

Sad end? It was as happy as a series finale can be.

Or do you mean it being cancelled rather than closing out of its own accord? Five seasons was as good as anyone could have hoped for tbh, it was small miracle the show lasted as long as it did given all horrors that went on behind the scenes. I'm still retaining a sliver of hope someone will pick it up but I'm satisfied with what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sad end? It was as happy as a series finale can be.

Or do you mean it being cancelled rather than closing out of its own accord? Five seasons was as good as anyone could have hoped for tbh, it was small miracle the show lasted as long as it did given all horrors that went on behind the scenes. I'm still retaining a sliver of hope someone will pick it up but I'm satisfied with what we got.

The latter, after all the drama of whether it would be renewed in previous seasons. It seemed like the six seasons was a strong possibility.

I would agree that it was miraculous it lasted so long. Still an excuse to watch from the start again this Summer.

Finally watched the last 3 episodes, pretty good.

Pity it's over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

id say a sixth season isnt going to happen. A movie somehow seems more possible.*

*this is said without any knowledge of the tv/movie business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

an ass crack bandit/paintball crossover movie would be absolutely unrayal.

D.Q wrote: »
    an ass crack bandit/paintball crossover movie would be absolutely unrayal.

During a game of Hot Lava :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Joel McHale supposedly (all but officially confirmed) replacing Ferguson on The Late Late Show. A nightly talk show. So, probably won't be a season 6. We'll see though, if Sony can bang out a deal with some network and have the next season done within a few months it's possible.

If not. Here is some closure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ZB61MfIWs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Joel McHale supposedly (all but officially confirmed) replacing Fallon on The Late Late Show. A nightly talk show. So, probably won't be a season 6. We'll see though, if Sony can bang out a deal with some network and have the next season done within a few months it's possible.

You mean replacing Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show, Seth Meyers already took over Late Night from Fallon back in February. It's all but confirmed officially anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You mean replacing Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show, Seth Meyers already took over Late Night from Fallon back in February. It's all but confirmed officially anyway.

Yeah you're right. Got the names mixed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Joel McHale supposedly (all but officially confirmed) replacing Fallon on The Late Late Show. A nightly talk show. So, probably won't be a season 6. We'll see though, if Sony can bang out a deal with some network and have the next season done within a few months it's possible.

Yay for Joel, that's an amazing opportunity, but that will officially kill Community :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry for the bump... no news!

But one or two brief references from Joel to the show's demise on The Soup:

Just spotted this on Reddit... absolutely stunning!

http://vimeo.com/90288702

(password = movietime)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Hulu Eyes New Season Of ‘Community

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/community-hulu-season-6-dan-harmon/
    There is a glimmer of hope that there could be a sixth season of cult comedy series Community.

Sources stress that conversations are preliminary and it is unclear whether they would lead to a deal, but I hear there is will on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Trying not to get my hopes up, but I am so glad there's still a chance for another season!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Intriguing, though any new series would kinda depend on how many of the season 5 cast they get back: while the show worked perfectly well without Pearce & Troy, I'm not so sure it could live with further departures.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Intriguing, though any new series would kinda depend on how many of the season 5 cast they get back: while the show worked perfectly well without Pearce & Troy, I'm not so sure it could live with further departures.

Could be tricky; Joel has a new chat show and Gillian Jacobs has signed onto season 4 of Girls. Hopefully they'll be able to work around them ... IF this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gillian Jacobs has signed onto season 4 of Girls.
    Didnt know that, will have to start watching for the intricate plot...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Could be tricky; Joel has a new chat show and Gillian Jacobs has signed onto season 4 of Girls. Hopefully they'll be able to work around them ... IF this happens

Joel was never offered that gig iirc, it was just a rumour

phasers wrote: »

Oh really? Excellent. He's been a huge driving force for the show, if he's up for it and available than that's a huge advantage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

phasers wrote: »

AFAIK it's all but a done deal, but it shouldn't prevent him doing both really

Advertisement