Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Russo Bros are back for Season 6 premiere. I actually hadn't realised they'd done some episodes for Season 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Was it ever confirmed that Alison Brie was definitely coming back? I know there was lots of rumours because she hadn't mentioned the move to Yahoo on twitter/fb etc and had signed up to do a lot of movies. Although I'd hate it if she didn't come back (I actually don't really like Annie, but xXxJeff/Annie4everxXx), sadly I wouldn't be surprised.

Was it ever confirmed that Alison Brie was definitely coming back? I know there was lots of rumours because she hadn't mentioned the move to Yahoo on twitter/fb etc and had signed up to do a lot of movies. Although I'd hate it if she didn't come back (I actually don't really like Annie, but xXxJeff/Annie4everxXx), sadly I wouldn't be surprised.

I would hope we would have heard at this stage if she wasn't coming back. Glover made the announcement fairly quickly if I remember rightly and I think they've started writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Please don't derail this thread with off topic discussion about recent celebrity photo leaks.

Trailer for the documentary Harmontown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I was on my tablet last night so have to make up for it now.

annie-robot.gif

1379310668436545359.GIF

ibpj1rGnOLzOAh.gif

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Please don't derail this thread with off topic discussion about recent celebrity photo leaks.

I was merely bringing up the fact that a certain Community cast member was in the leaks.

That was it.

No links.

No censored pics.

No drama.

I see that, despite the fact that many of them molested kids, that the catholic church still has this country so conservative about merely talking about anything sexual that it has permeated even good ol' Boards.

What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

wprathead wrote: »
    Thank God!

In other news, started from episode 1 last night. Epic rewatch planned.. though might skip the gas leak year, bar the excellent episode directed by Jim Rash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Rather enjoyed the Origins episode

wprathead wrote: »
    Rather enjoyed the Origins episode

Except didn't the Dean say in Season 5 that he lost the wedding ring on his first day and wasn't he wearing it in the Pilot? Was that not what that reference was all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a separate season 6 thread or is this for both 5 and 6?

Yvette Nicole Brown is out for season 6

Never really warmed to Shirley but she had a number of moments in series 5 which showed that her character wasn't completely wasted. Sad to see another one of the group go and you have to respect her for leaving for the reason she has. She's walking away from the show to care for her sick father so hopefully if the show gets the movie and further series she can come back

Yeh I'm disappointed but hopefully she'll be back for the movie. The decision is based on a personal situation and not on a desire to leave.

So the group for Season 6 is Jeff, Britta, Abed, Annie, The Dean, and Chang. I think they'll have to get someone new in, hopefully they'll work out as well as Hickey did in Season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aww that's such a shame, I'll miss Shirley but these things can't be helped sometimes.

Yvette's always so enthusiastic about the show and the fans and I'm sure she'll be back for the movie if her schedule permits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Shirley wasn't really well-served in Season 5, there didn't seem to be much for her to do throughout and felt like the writers weren't sure themselves. She's still part of the main study group and it's a pity to see her go - can't argue with the reasons though, family comes first. I'm sure she'd pop up for a cameo here and there if time allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The talk of a movie is kinda annoying.
    I think Community has always been a funny show, it's tried a little too hard to "take everything we do and shove it up its own ass"
    I get the joke, but it's not practical at all, TV shows just don't translate to the big screen well. Like, what are they gonna do for a feature length; send them on holiday?
    Maybe they get word that Troy's boat has crashed off the coast of Aiya Napa or Ibiza. The rest of the team travel there on a holiday/search & rescue.
    They'll inadvertently get lost one night and end up on a gay cruise; that'll bring the Dean into play who was taking some time off from trying to help Senor Chang trying to get in touch with his Spanish roots.
    Added cameos for the sake of it... Pierce didn't die, he faked his death and ran off with the Red Dragon lady.
    Fat Neil & Vicky are there on honeymoon having the time of their lives before the Group steal all the thunder as per usual.
    Magnitude to show up as a professional DJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

when is it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

D.Q wrote: »
    when is it back?

Spring 2015? There isn't a set date yet, filming starts in November afaik.

This show is cursed, without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

I think Community has always been a funny show, it's tried a little too hard to "take everything we do and shove it up its own ass"
    I get the joke, but it's not practical at all, TV shows just don't translate to the big screen well. Like, what are they gonna do for a feature length; send them on holiday?
    Maybe they get word that Troy's boat has crashed off the coast of Aiya Napa or Ibiza. The rest of the team travel there on a holiday/search & rescue.
    They'll inadvertently get lost one night and end up on a gay cruise; that'll bring the Dean into play who was taking some time off from trying to help Senor Chang trying to get in touch with his Spanish roots.
    Added cameos for the sake of it... Pierce didn't die, he faked his death and ran off with the Red Dragon lady.
    Fat Neil & Vicky are there on honeymoon having the time of their lives before the Group steal all the thunder as per usual.
    Sounds good. What's the release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Could just do a bottle episode for the movie.

Id watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sounds good. What's the release date?
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Id watch that.

Hmm, it seems my point was missed.
    Well, if you can't stop it, jump aboard!

SIX SEASONS & A MOVIE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

SIX SEASONS & A MOVIE!

Shut up and take my money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

SIX SEASONS & A MOVIE!

Shut up and take my money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

A shame Yvette Nicole Brown had to bow out of Season 6, but at least it's for the right reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

dan harmon said january 27ish maybe on recent nerdist podcast http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-dan-harmon-and-neil-berkeley/ subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Read the article and see why she opted for that role. It's obviously one where she doesn't have to be away from her father for extended periods of time. A show such as The Odd Could will shoot an episide far faster than Community and as such isn't as time consuming.

Advertisement