Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Alongside The Thick Of It and Veep this was the best Comedy to come to our TV screens in years.

The quirky humour, Troy and Abhed's chemistry, Annie's boobs, Donald Glover's superb acting, the paint gun finales, Annie's boobs, the Dean, the great guest stars, Annie's boobs, Ken Jeong, the meta META humour, Annie's boobs, Chevy Chase being funny for the first time in two decades, the wonderful writing .... and Annie's boobs.

To be fair we got 5 years worth of a show that should have been axed after 2 max given the ratings.

We might be all feeling like this

tumblr_lmkuckuTaR1qd9x6to1_400.gif

But we'll always have this

tumblr_inline_msx9oalt0S1qz4rgp.gif

you have a disturbing liking for that monkey, im worried for you...

this is pretty bad news, is the only thing I religiously watched this years and liked!

hoping that someone else picks it up!

cant wait to hear harmontown this weekend to see what he feels about this! and to see if there are any talks in the works with anybody!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

How can a show that might not have many eyes on screens when it airs but has such a huge internet following worldwide be cancelled?

BnN2m3jIAAA-cb-.png:large

TV executives need to stop looking at just Nielson ratings when they make decisions like this. It is now a very different media world

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Pffh, you know what, f*ck this show, who cares...

... ah no, who am I kidding, that's sucky news I'm pretty bummed :( But hey, it might yet go to another network so we'll see how it goes. I will repeat that at the very least it got a decent send-off; all threads relatively tied off, no plot point or horrible cliffhanger that will go forever unresolved - Community got off lucky in comparison with other shows out there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

tumblr_mysnh8ozO71rd1qi0o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not even going to bother hoping for a pickup from another network, not after what happened to Happy Endings.

At least we have the meteor I guess.

• Advertisement

Oren ~(O_o)~ ‏@or3n 3m

I wonder if my employer provides bereavement leave for when a TV show dies. It feels like I lost a loved one. #darkesttimeline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

phasers wrote: »
    I'm not even going to bother hoping for a pickup from another network, not after what happened to Happy Endings.

At least we have the meteor I guess.

Happy Endings never got the cult following that Community has. It would have been a much riskier pick up.

Some people starting to tweet pics of them in darkest timeline beards.

Seren; is this you? ;)

BnN2mxACQAAetgy.jpg

Havent seen Twitter react to a cancellation like this ever before. It is exploding online

Charles Dulaney ‏@cdulaney85 12m

Damn first time a show's cancellation has brought me to tears. #Community #darkesttimeline

And

Nancy King ‏@interstate8 31m

NBC: You are human tennis elbow. You are a pizza burn on the roof of the world's mouth. You are the opposite of Batman. #darkesttimeline

^^^^ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd imagine if they wanted to they'd probably be able to crowd fund a film pretty easily. At least if this is indeed the end it got to go out on the much better season five rather than season four.

• Advertisement

You gave Wings eight seasons, .@nbc. WINGS! #darkesttimeline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ibhSNUtDNJcx4B.png

Stupid executives.

I'd imagine if they wanted to they'd probably be able to crowd fund a film pretty easily. At least if this is indeed the end it got to go out on the much better season five rather than season four.

Can you imagine Dan Harmon's phone right now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd like to see #NBCislikehumantenniselbow trending on twitter...

Hopefully The Brie gets a new show soon. Mad Men looks far too heavy for me to get into and I need my fix of The Brie!

gwFs4tqMh1

alison-brie-phoebe-cates.jpg

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Hopefully The Brie gets a new show soon. Mad Men looks far too heavy for me to get into and I need my fix of The Brie!

I hope it's called The Brie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This is no time to think about boobs! My whole brain is crying!

I'd like to see #NBCislikehumantenniselbow trending on twitter...
    I hope it's called The Brie

Both of these things need to happen!

BnNzT3NCYAEX3eR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That's hard to take. At least it went out on a high, things could have been a lot worse. I'm retaining hope against my better judgement that someone will pick it up, but if not.. it was a good run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant believe its gone tbh, no other sitcom like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have a semi-credible source that says it'll be 5pm(ish) PST today and that it's either a renewal or a network move, but it lives. Semi-credible meaning she works in the industry but has been wrong before.

Wrong again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Troy and Abed are in mourning!!!

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Troy and Abed are in mourning!!!

:)

FunLover18 wrote: »
    How do you embed tweets?

You cant on the kind of format Boards uses, so instead:

Take a screenshot, upload to an image site and then post here, or!

Simply copy and paste ;)

My last tweet until today was in January... I've returned to twitter to retweet the greatest of the #darkesttimeline tweets... https://twitter.com/CianTaaffe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Thanks, just went with the quote option

@abobrow

I can only interpret this as a massive failure on the part of our horrible ungrateful fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Hoping for an arrested development type deal with netflix but it's probably wishful thinking.

God damnit! All the articles about P&R getting renewed hinted strongly that Community would get renewed as well! We were lured into a false sense of security, which just makes the news seem even worse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This. There's zero doubt in my mind that they'd be able to fund a movie via Kickstarter. I'd contribute without hesitation and I reckon most fans would too. A film that's both the sixth season and the movie and a final farewell.

• Advertisement

My last tweet until today was in January... I've returned to twitter to retweet the greatest of the #darkesttimeline tweets... https://twitter.com/CianTaaffe

Some great re-tweets on your page
    Andrea Ruiz ‏@klbza 55m

Just so you know, NBC, you are now creating six different timelines. #darkesttimeline

Bethany Rose ‏@bethanyscarlett 2h

NBC just Britta'd Community. #darkesttimeline

BnOVgadCMAAE3VL.png:large
    gillianjacobs
    2 hours ago
    I'll always love you, Community. Thank you for changing my life. #darkesttimeline

Advertisement