Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just one question...

What the hell is 'Yahoo Screen'?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great news but... Yahoo do TV now?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hah, it did it! Oh how I laugh at a former poster here who said the show was dead after its second season.

#sixseasonsandamovie is done now because, for the movie, Harmon could just do a kickstarter campaign and have it funded in a day.

As to Yahoo screen - guessing this is their first foray into original programming so they decided to go with the sort of product that would garner them an instant audience rather than trying to build it up themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Well, I'm going to sleep well tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

From what I can tell, Yahoo Screen is pretty much just an alternative option to YouTube, and it has actually been around for 8 years, although was only known as Yahoo Screen as of 2011... It looks completely free at the moment, so will be interesting to see if it remains that way. This will be their first original series - genius marketing idea from them to drive people to their site by saving probably one of the most loved TV sitcoms of all time...

Welcome to the game Yahoo Screen... You've just put yourself on the map!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ixoy wrote: »
    Hah, it did it! Oh how I laugh at a former poster here who said the show was dead after its second season.

#sixseasonsandamovie is done now because, for the movie, Harmon could just do a kickstarter campaign and have it funded in a day.

As to Yahoo screen - guessing this is their first foray into original programming so they decided to go with the sort of product that would garner them an instant audience rather than trying to build it up themselves.

if they offer a kickstarter reward much akin to abeds walk on part in cougars I'll pay the full budget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Quick!
    To save money, break into NBC and steal back the old Greendale sets :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ixoy wrote: »

Considering about 99% of the people reading the news are probably saying 'Yahoo what', I think it worked for them.

I'm not sure what surprised me more, this getting another season or Yahoo managing to do something that even slightly peaks my interest. I thought this was dead for sure. Delighted we're getting it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I can only communicate in Gifs right now

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Alison-Brie-GIF-040.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

alison-brie-blowjob-kinky-gif-02.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

brie-cleavage.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

short-skirt.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

hhwWH.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yahoo better not geoblock this.(Not that its been an issue :P )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Show badly needs Glover back. Hope he returns.

BraV6LfCUAAHmPf.png

BrZCnGzCcAAFGJA.jpg

BrVRwZzCQAE1A1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Penn wrote: »
    Just one question...

https://screen.yahoo.com/

CTPcBoR.gif

az8eayq.jpg

JjpnKgc.gif

H8hAPLt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Burning Love was yahoo show wasn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Great news, nice to come home to. Disappointing Donald still won't be returning but I still felt the second half of season 5 was good even without him so hoping for a good 6th.

Is the set going to be the same or are they going to need to build a new one?

This also means they can swear now.. wonder if that'll make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant believe this, I would have bet a years wages it was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This is amazing. I love Yahoo now, who knew!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I hope the budget will be there to do the sort of elaborate, college-wide episodes Community is known for: it'd be a shame if the 6th series was done on the cheap, a collection of bottle episodes and green screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

pixelburp wrote: »
    I hope the budget will be there to do the sort of elaborate, college-wide episodes Community is known for: it'd be a shame if the 6th series was done on the cheap, a collection of bottle episodes and green screen.

It could be set after the asteroid strike...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It could be set after the asteroid strike...

Asteroid was orbiting for a while but we avoided it! :D
    j002e3d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

pixelburp wrote: »

Budget is around the same as season 5, which seemed pretty high as there were a lot of expensive concept episodes.
    Also may not have John Oliver, Johnathan Banks, or Glover to pay so should make a dent.

This also means they can swear now.. wonder if that'll make any difference.

Introduction To Swearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aww I really hope they get Johnathan Banks back. The rest of teh cast have done other shows and movies at the same time as Community, maybe he will too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

phasers wrote: »
    Aww I really hope they get Johnathan Banks back.

Better Call Saul has been pushed back to the start of next year so he might have time to do at least one episode. John Oliver has some weeks off aswell (this week for example) so hopefully he'll have time to pop up here and there aswell.

Jonathan Banks and John Oliver were among the highlights of season 5 for me so I also really hope they get them back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Penn wrote: »
    Just one question...

Cool, I have in on AppleTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

A little concerned that Alison hasn't tweeted about it - she's the only one.
    Community without Annie would be sad :(

I know she was under contract with Sony, but Donald got out of his?
    Sony have said they hope all of the cast will return :confused:

alroley wrote: »
    A little concerned that Alison hasn't tweeted about it - she's the only one.
    Community without Annie would be sad :(

I know she was under contract with Sony, but Donald got out of his?
    Sony have said they hope all of the cast will return :confused:

Hmmmmm with the whole Jeff-Annie thing it'll be weird they write her out (not that I'm a shipper), seeing as they've made a big deal out of it; "M'lord" "M'lady"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm with the whole Jeff-Annie thing it'll be weird they write her out (not that I'm a shipper), seeing as they've made a big deal out of it; "M'lord" "M'lady"

oh I meant if Alison doesn't want to return.

There's no way they'd want to write her out unless Alison actually didn't want to be on the show any more.

Advertisement