Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I like Seamus O Rourke whatever anyone thinks. I love that one "Radio Eireann were playing our song"

He is one of my go to anchors in this Covid 19 sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I enjoy him as well. I went to see two of his plays about 10 years ago. Very funny from start to finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The green making a show of herself there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ah I remember it well how on the occasion of Cosgraves death O Rourke drew down Cosgraves remark "water is too good for them" on the hunger strikers Gaughan and Stagg. How they laughed, he and his panelists as if twas the funniest thing ever said

For terrorist scum?

Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

padd b1975 wrote: »
    For terrorist scum?

Meh...

Different times. You can meh all you like Stagg and Gaughan never hid their beliefs. Cosgrave and Cooney on the other hand were snivelling little s**ts who turned a blind eye to murders on the border with the collusion of crown forces. They even managed to lose the files on the Dublin/monaghan bombings and the murder of the miami showband on their watch. Two great mayo men who came to the aid of the catholics who were discriminated against and burned out of their homes in the early 70s an btw they'd have been a long time waiting, a very long time waiting for some of the crew from down here to come to their aid far easier to mumble terrorist from their armchairs. Like I said different times but then again you couldn't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Don’t bring this shïte in here, please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The green making a show of herself there

Young Master Brophy didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

elperello wrote: »

Don't recall a TD ever being threatened with having his mic turned off.
    FG had the same tactic pre the election...interrupt, heckle and interrupt some more. Disrupt the critical question...then you don't have to answer it. We are returning to FG normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

elperello wrote: »

Is he on every week? He seems to be the most frequent blueshirt they have on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Don’t bring this shïte in here, please

Exactly.. I couldn't have worded Cosgraves policy at the time any better

• Advertisement

Exactly.. I couldn't have worded Cosgraves policy at the time any better

<————————————-<<

NI tribal crap that way dude.

Not wanted in this forum

Congrats on becoming a mod Brendi :)

Congrats on becoming a mod Brendi :)

Don’t tell anyone Francie, undercover you know, Ranger Troop.

Seriously, even you wouldn’t want that shïte on these threads.

There a place for it ....;)

Don’t tell anyone Francie, undercover you know, Ranger Troop.

Seriously, even you wouldn’t want that shïte on these threads.

There a place for it ....;)

Yet all over these threads you are venting your political opinions even currently. One rule for Brendi....etc etc.
    I thought the posters clarification was worthwhile and needed to be said. Unless you are prposing that only opinions you agree with are allowed?

Yet all over these threads you are venting your political opinions even currently. One rule for Brendi....etc etc.
    I thought the posters clarification was worthwhile and needed to be said. Unless you are prposing that only opinions you agree with are allowed?

Lookit Francie are you cocooned out of a bit of sense ?

I thought the adjoinder was not needed... the auld “crown forces” crap and going back to Cosgrave and Cooney bull.

Just using the thread to bull out the auld rhetoric when there are plenty of threads to batter on about ‘crown forces’ ‘quislings’ ‘traitors’ ‘ sleeveens’ ‘colluding with crown forces‘. and many many more.

Just trying to kill the weeds before they choke the kip, Francie

Takin one for the team here, putting the head above the parapet....

What the harm there......

Lookit Francie are you cocooned out of a bit of sense ?

I thought the adjoinder was not needed... the auld “crown forces” crap and going back to Cosgrave and Cooney bull.

Just using the thread to bull out the auld rhetoric when there are plenty of threads to batter on about ‘crown forces’ ‘quislings’ ‘traitors’ ‘ sleeveens’ ‘colluding with crown forces‘. and many many more.

Just trying to kill the weeds before they choke the kip, Francie

Takin one for the team here, putting the head above the parapet....

What the harm there......

Bur you only attacked the one poster Brendi...had you attacked the poster who chimed in with what I suspect is your own view, you might have the proverbial leg to stand on. Tis resoundingly hollow thon peg though!

Bur you only attacked the one poster Brendi...had you attacked the poster who chimed in with what I suspect is your own view, you might have the proverbial leg to stand on. Tis resoundingly hollow thon peg though!

Francie, you have a point but I didn’t want to put a match to that kind of stuff here .

The lad I criticized, for me ,went in over the top with the auld terminology which could lead to the auld crap one sees on NI forums from both sides.

It boils my piss Francie, so with your permission to avoid forking up this forum, I will leave at that.

Hope you understand.

Nothing personal.

Francie, you have a point but I didn’t want to put a match to that kind of stuff here .

The lad I criticized, for me ,went in over the top with the auld terminology which could lead to the auld crap one sees on NI forums from both sides.

It boils my piss Francie, so with your permission to avoid forking up this forum, I will leave at that.

Hope you understand.

Nothing personal.

As I said Brendi...practice what you preach...keep your political opinions to thine self on the radio forum and you'll be able to stand proudly on thon peg!

Take it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Has there been any announcement on a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sarah McInerney until August (I think) or whenever they come up with a permanent replacement.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Sarah McInerney until August (I think) or whenever they come up with a permanent replacement.

I read that somewhere, too (probably on boards.ie!) and I’m looking forward to seeing how she does. She’s bright, well informed and I think she’ll do ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I read that somewhere, too (probably on boards.ie!) and I’m looking forward to seeing how she does. She’s bright, well informed and I think she’ll do ok.
    FFG Stock. I Presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Much too lightweight.....not at all right for that slot..

blinding wrote: »
    FFG Stock. I Presume.

Certainly not Mick Barry ( nationalism everything) stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭touts

Gabriel McAluff the Governor of the Irish Central Bank just on the show from Greece where he is "visiting" his family for the last few months.

Sweet Jesus the lad was amming and hmming his way through the interview giving the most basic of answers to complicated questions. He sounds like lad who just watched an Introduction to Economocs video on YouTube and is struggling to recall the details. No new policies to help guide us through the crisis. No innovative thinking to help avoid a crushing economic depression. He seems a total chancer. It's no wonder New Zealand were delighted to see the back of him.

We're screwed. It's the Second Great Depression for sure.

Liam Herrick of the Irish Council for Criminal Liberties on the show now defending people's rights to refuse to fill in a required Covid Health Information form on entering the Country.

It's the Muppet show today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

It will be totally ridiculous to stamp out covid during the lockdown and then to import it again through the airport.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Sean just confirmed that Sarah is taking over the show from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

touts wrote: »
    Sean just confirmed that Sarah is taking over the show from Monday.

She's not getting the job permanently though.

Well, not necessarily, I presume she can apply with everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Sigma101

I was really worried to learn that our new Central Bank governor Gabriel Makhlouf is running the operation from a bolthole in Greece. His answers to SORs questions were very basic and predictable. A thoroughly unconvincing performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement