Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Get pat K back. Still doing a class act day in day out on newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bring back Vincent Browne for the summer.
    Opera blasting out of the radio.

Either Vincent or George Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Summer is being covered by Sarah Mc Inerney. Pleasant voice, articulate and I think she will cover the dead season well. Best of luck to her.

I would like her to be on the weekend shows. Brendan O'Connor is so depressing, he just does not have a radio voice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Summer is being covered by Sarah Mc Inerney. Pleasant voice, articulate and I think she will cover the dead season well. Best of luck to her.

I would like her to be on the weekend shows. Brendan O'Connor is so depressing, he just does not have a radio voice at all.

He certainly has a face for it though;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Either Vincent or George Hook
    Is Gaybo unavailable ? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Not McInerney.....way too liteweight.....very surprised she has got the gig....more suited to print media .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

imme wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if RTE were talking to Matt Cooper about taking over the Today show

He would make an excellent replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,280 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Here’s O’Reilly... will Sean be able to stop her.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Get pat K back. Still doing a class act day in day out on newstalk

He's even older than the man who's retiring. :pac:

And she’s off......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,160 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He shut Josepha up anyway. :)

He shut Josepha up anyway. :)

O’Reilly launched like a rocket and indeed had to be stopped and in fairness Josepha told her not to be interrupting .

Sean kept O’Reilly fairly well tethered but had to step in and just talk over her.

Was one of the few who could halt the wave of sound more or less in its tracks.

I liked his swipe at her over the lack of info o er the SF Ard Comhairle and the lack of info from it.

O’Reilly kept away from that and took off in in a different direction fairly sharpish.

O’Reilly launched like a rocket and indeed had to be stopped and in fairness Josepha told her not to be interrupting .

Sean kept O’Reilly fairly well tethered but had to step in and just talk over her.

Was one of the few who could halt the wave of sound more or less in its tracks.

I liked his swipe at her over the lack of info o er the SF Ard Comhairle and the lack of info from it.

O’Reilly kept away from that and took off in in a different direction fairly sharpish.

He talked over every one of them when he wanted to keep the debate going, most of the good radio presenters do it all the time when politicians waffle. He did indeed take a few swipes at Louise, as he does to all politicians, as well. Funny you missed his swipes at Josepha or didn't think them worthy of mention.

You need help there Brendi. With your hearing and generally with the auld chip. ;) Not very trustworthy as a reviewer are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

He's even older than the man who's retiring. :pac:

Plus he's no more than a disc jockey anyway. What about John Creedon? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Have SF no one else they can put out? Reckon herself & Bríd Smith (PPPer) must have an encampment in the RTE carpark, they appear that often over the past few years :)

Even O'Broin seems to have been relegated, you used to hear him a lot. What did he do/ say wrong?

He talked over every one of them when he wanted to keep the debate going, most of the good radio presenters do it all the time when politicians waffle. He did indeed take a few swipes at Louise, as he does to all politicians, as well. Funny you missed his swipes at Josepha or didn't think them worthy of mention.

You need help there Brendi. With your hearing and generally with the auld chip. ;) Not very trustworthy as a reviewer are you?

Aah heeeeyurr...... I’m not going to have to listen again, you tell us the swipes he had at Josepha.......

Is he getting a bit snippy now that he’s cast off from the mother ship ?

Aah heeeeyurr...... I’m not going to have to listen again, you tell us the swipes he had at Josepha.......

Is he getting a bit snippy now that he’s cast off from the mother ship ?

Your auld head is fuzzy with bias Brendi...listen back to the conversation about government formation with Fionnan and FG/FF cynicism.
    He had to shut Joespha up at one point too, to allow Louise to finish her point. And he had swipes at Louise, Fionnan and Victoria White (I think it was) too.

Open mind and open ears Brendi, a good reviewer makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭zell12

DailyMail gives us odds of replacement host
    1. Claire Byrne 4/1
    2. Miriam genuinely 5/2
    3. Sarah McInerney
    4. Rachel English
    5. Aine Lawlor 16/1
    6. David McCullagh
    7. Sean Moncrieff
    8. Ray D'Arcy 66/1

zell12 wrote: »
    1. Claire Byrne 4/1
    2. Miriam genuinely 5/2
    3. Sarah McInerney
    4. Rachel English
    5. Aine Lawlor 16/1
    6. David McCullagh
    7. Sean Moncrieff
    8. Ray D'Arcy 66/1

Claire Byrne. Good chance
    Miriam..... no chance(if they have sense)
    Sarah....a chance (performance based)
    Rachel..... don’t think so
    Aine.......don’t think so
    David McC... no chance(if they have sense)
    Moncreiff......dark horse

D’arcy.......I have a better chance.

Cormac o Headhra.....dark horse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

1. Claire Byrne 4/1
    2. Miriam genuinely 5/2
    3. Sarah McInerney
    4. Rachel English
    5. Aine Lawlor 16/1
    6. David McCullagh
    7. Sean Moncrieff
    8. Ray D'Arcy 66/1

Great to see so many WOMEN mentioned in the running. Change, it's been a long time coming. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Ryertex

This makes the recent loss of Keelin Shanley all the greater. In my opinion she would have been the one to take over from Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

:eek:

I didn't say that Matt Cooper would be my choice but watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Ahwell

1. Claire Byrne 4/1
    2. Miriam genuinely 5/2
    3. Sarah McInerney
    4. Rachel English
    5. Aine Lawlor 16/1
    6. David McCullagh
    7. Sean Moncrieff
    8. Ray D'Arcy 66/1

I would give it to Rachel English. She did a good job presenting Drivetime, before she had to leave due to an illness. I doubt she'll get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭Tork

imme wrote: »
    I didn't say that Matt Cooper would be my choice but watch this space

At one point he might've been a dark horse but he surely can't be in the running now. The Last Word is a shadow of what it once was and he has turned into a woke snowflake trapped in a 53 year old man's body.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tork wrote: »
    At one point he might've been a dark horse but he surely can't be in the running now. The Last Word is a shadow of what it once was and he has turned into a woke snowflake trapped in a 53 year old man's body.

That should help him over the line so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah I remember it well how on the occasion of Cosgraves death O Rourke drew down Cosgraves remark "water is too good for them" on the hunger strikers Gaughan and Stagg. How they laughed, he and his panelists as if twas the funniest thing ever said

sligojoek wrote: »
    That should help him over the line so.

He’s not represented by Noel Kelly .....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sweet Jebus what is it with all the dodgy 'poems' the pandemic has brought out, this one on now is pure sh!te. 'Lockdown in Leitrim'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

pc7 wrote: »
    Sweet Jebus what is it with all the dodgy 'poems' the pandemic has brought out, this one on now is pure sh!te. 'Lockdown in Leitrim'

Well it was from "feckin" Leitrim so what can you expect. Strong tea and inbreeding is all the place is known for. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I like Seamus O Rourke whatever anyone thinks. I love that one "Radio Eireann were playing our song"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement