Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Rumours flying that Joe wash yer handz Duffy will take over the slot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

zell12 wrote: »

Outa de fryin pan and into de fire..... doesn't sound like a goer, but Joe could do well in the weekend morning slots. Made for a presenter not afraid to present their own opinion and who can surround themselves with a bunch of like minded contributors. Or even give Mr.Duffy the 9-10 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Audrey Carville easily the best for the perma gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Will you just stop stirring the shyte :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Will you just stop stirring the shyte :)
    Moi? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Moi? :p

:):)

Surely it will all depend on Noel Kelly anyway? It’s going to have little to do with anything else. Fee of 30% hanging in the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Surely it will all depend on Noel Kelly anyway? It’s going to have little to do with anything else. Fee of 30% hanging in the balance.

MMM could be right ...my money on Claire Byrne....given they have to put a female in the slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭deise man

Agree 100%. Class broadcaster. Remember her filling in during the summer at couple of years ago and was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭deise man

Agree 100%. Class broadcaster. Remember her filling in during the summer at couple of years ago and was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Anyone listening to Joe Brolly on SOR a few minutes ago? Asked on to talk about the GAA and goes on yapping about Chinese research, PPE and all other covid nonsense that he wasn't asked on to talk about. I'm sure if they wanted someone to talk about that stuff they wouldn't ask a GAA pundit. Sean was trying his best to get him off the line, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

JB likes to talk.

Klonker wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Joe Brolly on SOR a few minutes ago? Asked on to talk about the GAA and goes on yapping about Chinese research, PPE and all other covid nonsense that he wasn't asked on to talk about. I'm sure if they wanted someone to talk about that stuff they wouldn't ask a GAA pundit. Sean was trying his best to get him off the line, haha.

I have an ear I de ruin and am partially deaf at the minute, and I was only half paying attention when JB came on, as I was in the middle of reading something. Hearing the northern accent I thought I was hearing Professor McConkey, especially as he started on about the virus having made several mutations. I really sat up and started trying to listen carefully as I was so alarmed by this terrible news about the virus coming fresh the the good professor. Then I let out a sigh of relief when I realised it was Brolly. But I’m sure I’m not the only one to have picked this up wrong for a moment, and others may have switched the radio off in despair at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Brolly and then McWilliams. Serious dose of the motor mouths on the show this morning. McWilliams was only cranking up into third gear when the line got cut off. I can still picture him yapping away right now, blissfully unaware he's not actually addressing the nation anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Brolly Follies ! !

NIMAN wrote: »
    JB likes to talk.

Mostly rubbish, shilling the Shinners.

Not a hope.

Brolly and then McWilliams. Serious dose of the motor mouths on the show this morning. McWilliams was only cranking up into third gear when the line got cut off. I can still picture him yapping away right now, blissfully unaware he's not actually addressing the nation anymore.

Well said Joe, like Twitter.....Excellent observation and summation.

I have to say every time I hear McWilliams on the radio,he comes across as a lad who seems to promulgate the view of......

“Now, listen, this is the only guy in Ireland who actually knows what is going on, here’s the deal, now listen carefully, I’ll spell this out ,it’s like this, you know what happened..............”

And on and on saying actually fuhhrke all except pure waffle.

How does he get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,975 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And on and on saying actually fuhhrke all except pure waffle.

How does he get away with it.

A bit like your radio reviews Brendi...:)

Two posts, venting spleen and saying little else about the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I've nothing particularly against either Joe Brolly or David McWilliams tbh but i do find there to be a danger of receiving a big "viral load" whenever they're on. McWilliams probably knows his stuff but when i hear him droning on i just cant help thinking to myself, wouldnt it be nice to hear from Morgan Kelly from time to time?

Ahhh...hit a nerve did we Francie, you must have tweaked the knee.

Lookit maybe you might outline where I have gone wrong and we can can have a good auld set- too over it.

Away you go there mr B...........

• Advertisement

Ahhh...hit a nerve did we Francie, you must have tweaked the knee.

Lookit maybe you might outline where I have gone wrong and we can can have a good auld set- too over it.

Away you go there mr B...........

Nothing to set-to about Brendan. Just making an observation on the pot calling the kettle black, so to speak etc etc. Enjoy your day!

Nothing to set-to about Brendan. Just making an observation on the pot calling the kettle black, so to speak etc etc. Enjoy your day!

Good man....good man..... I’ll leave it there so.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

McWilliams probably knows his stuff.......

Yeah........ but usually well after the event has happened :)

I have an ear I de ruin and am partially deaf at the minute, and I was only half paying attention when JB came on, as I was in the middle of reading something. Hearing the northern accent I thought I was hearing Professor McConkey, especially as he started on about the virus having made several mutations. I really sat up and started trying to listen carefully as I was so alarmed by this terrible news about the virus coming fresh the the good professor. Then I let out a sigh of relief when I realised it was Brolly. But I’m sure I’m not the only one to have picked this up wrong for a moment, and others may have switched the radio off in despair at that point.

Try Paragraphs will you pal ....just sayin ..

OOOH Matron ...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Bring back Vincent Browne for the summer.
    Opera blasting out of the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

McWilliams probably knows his stiff
    The man who wanted us to leave the Euro? Emmmm ... no.

OOOH Matron ...!

No innuendo Nevin...down boy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I would not be surprised if RTE were talking to Matt Cooper about taking over the Today show

• Advertisement

imme wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if RTE were talking to Matt Cooper about taking over the Today show

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement