Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Player Watch: Internationals, European Competitions and Domestic Cups

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Oh and it really struck me last night how much Arsenal missed Walcott, he's the only player they have who gives them the option of putting the ball behind the defence, he has to be one of the main men when he gets himself right, for that reason alone I have held out on Ozil till now and will continue to do so, I've said it before, Walcott will be the main beneficiary of Ozil's brilliance for our purposes.
    And Flamini was badly missed last night also, there is so much brilliance in front of them that I think Arteta and Flamini will play together most of the time. The front four shouldn't need too much help when they are all available.
    I don't get to watch that many entire matches anymore, those were my main thoughts after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Oh and it really struck me last night how much Arsenal missed Walcott, he's the only player they have who gives them the option of putting the ball behind the defence, he has to be one of the main men when he gets himself right, for that reason alone I have held out on Ozil till now and will continue to do so, I've said it before, Walcott will be the main beneficiary of Ozil's brilliance for our purposes.
    And Flamini was badly missed last night also, there is so much brilliance in front of them that I think Arteta and Flamini will play together most of the time. The front four shouldn't need too much help when they are all available.
    I don't get to watch that many entire matches anymore, those were my main thoughts after last night.

Hoping you are right, I signed Ozil as my replacement for Walcott when he got injured as I was lucky enough to be able to afford it.

Would still intend to swap them back when Walcott firing again, but have to admit I am getting quite attached to him!!

dream situation for me is Ozil and Ramsey getting the day off;)

BTW......feck off! :D

Half watching the city match on sky now, that pitch looks terrible, City players don't seem comfortable on it at all,

Hart, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Javi Garcia, Nastasic, Yaya Toure, Navas, Fernandinho, Silva, Negredo, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Aguero on the scoresheet again this evening .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Aguero on the scoresheet again this evening .

The lads on fire. I put a bet on last year that he'd be top PL scorer but injury ruined it. I should have put the same bet on this year.

Are City winning? I'd like to see a few of the PL teams get qualification early so they can start resting players in later rounds. Might lessen the PL rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Aguero brace. Balls. Was Hoping he would have a bad game, don't want to gt him in until after the Chelsea game.

I think the fact that they are away to Chelsea this weekend will put a bit of a dampener on his transfers. That said, the lad can score against anyone.

I've 2 million in the bank so made sure I had enough to swap Sturridge for him should he go up the full 0.3 million. I get 9.5 for Sturridge and Aguero will be at least 11.2 or 11.3.

I'm not taking a 4 point hit to swap someone home to WBA out for someone away to Chelsea. I'm also hoping my days of 4 point hits are pretty much over now that my team is settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No Rvp in utd squad tonight

KevIRL wrote: »
    No Rvp in utd squad tonight

I saw on the United thread earlier that there have been rumours on Twitter all day re this.

He's having a very stop start season so far.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm not taking a 4 point hit to swap someone home to WBA out for someone away to Chelsea. I'm also hoping my days of 4 point hits are pretty much over now that my team is settled.

Likewise. He had slowed way down today and I was hoping he'd only do 1 rise, but if he's banging in goals this evening he'll rocket. Hopefully though a load transfer him in tonight and he rises about 130%, and then slows down the rest of the week. Still think Sturridge will go up a point too to compensate.

Edit. He's just tipped 100.2 now.

absolutely superb performance by Chiriches so far, just now he's made an amazing goal line clearance.

absolutely superb performance by Chiriches so far, just now he's made an amazing goal line clearance.

Does Dawson not starting tonight suggest he'll play at the weekend or that he won't?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Michu scores in the Europa League.

jebforever wrote: »
    Michu scores in the Europa League.

Once he keeps scoring there and not in the PL I'm a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

FHFC wrote: »
    Does Dawson not starting tonight suggest he'll play at the weekend or that he won't?

He will. He doesnt usually play the europa games.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He will. He doesnt usually play the europa games.

To be honest I don't think it's an indicator either way, Chiriches needs games, anybody who saw tonights game will have to admit that he is a far better footballer than Dawson. A pity himself and Vert never got to play alongside each other for the 90 minutes. It could well be the same back 4 as last week, away to Everton the following week won't bother Dawson's FPL owners as much as home to Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He seems slightly more skillful than Dawson too :pac: Whether that translates into BPS potential I'm not so sure, those clearances by Dawson seem to be positive in his BPS score.

XORqgq9.gif

He seems slightly more skillful than Dawson too :pac: Whether that translates into BPS potential I'm not so sure, those clearances by Dawson seem to be positive in his BPS score.

XORqgq9.gif

I can't see what you've put up there, I have an idea it was the flick over the onrushing forward while he was facing his own goal, an incredible(y dangerous) piece of skill. The guy is pure class, I love him already. Please Mr AVB, let him play!!!:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPhqVr6e8es

Lucas Hood(champs league opponent) has Dawson;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can't see what you've put up there, I have an idea it was the flick over the onrushing forward while he was facing his own goal, an incredible(y dangerous) piece of skill. The guy is pure class, I love him already. Please Mr AVB, let him play!!!:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPhqVr6e8es

Lucas Hood(champs league opponent) has Dawson;)

Ah blasted technology not working :( That's the clip I was on about alright anyway.

• Advertisement

League cup games tonight

Arsenal : Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ryo, Bendtner (v Chelsea)
    Norwich : Bunn; Whittaker, R. Bennett, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Redmond; Hoolahan; Elmander (v Man Utd)
    Chelsea : Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand; Mikel, Essien; De Bruyne, Mata, Willian; Eto'o (v Arsenal)
    Man Utd : Lindegaard, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Buttner, Zaha, Jones, Cleverley, Young, Januzaj, Hernandez (v Norwich)
    West Ham : Adrian, Tomkins, Maiga, Taylor, O'Brien, Diame, C.Cole, J.Cole, Potts, Ruddock, Chambers ( v Burnley)
    Stoke : Sorensen; Wilson, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Pennant, Palacios, Arnautovic, Nzonzi, Assaidi; Crouch ( v Birmingham)
    Fulham : Stekelenburg; Zverotic, Hughes, Senderos, Riise; Duff, Karagounis, Boateng, Kacaniklic; Taarabt; Rodallega. (v Leicster)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ramsey playing. Bugger.

Subs benches

Arsenal : Viviano, Sagna, Hayden, Yennaris, Ozil, Giroud, Park
    Chelsea : Blackman, Ivanovic, Kalas, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Ba
    Man Utd : Amos, Anderson, Rooney, Giggs, Smalling, Fabio, Valencia
    Norwich : Martin, Howson, Hooper, Pilkington, Becchio, Nash, Murphy
    Stoke : Begovic, Pieters, Jones, Shea, Adam, Walters, Ireland
    West Ham : Nolan, Collison, Morrison, Downing, Speigel, Tombides, Fanimo
    Fulham : Stockdale, Sidwell, Ruiz, Dejagah, David, Amorbeita, Bent

Biggest surprise of the night is Razor Ruddock back for West Ham :pac:

I need for Luiz to play well tonight, he's the obvious partner for Terry and I need him to play for Chelsea's good run, I don't want to have to waste a transfer to switch him for Ivan/Terry, I'll probably get Terry in for Mert or Vert anyway.
    Vidic just needs not to fúck up and he'll surely be back for the weekend.
    Ramsey to play 90 minutes please;)

Oh and obviously Razor to get a hat trick and force his way into the England world cup squad:pac:

Assaidi goal for Stoke and Hernandez pen for Utd

Rodallega goal Fulham

Goal for Azpil, blast from the past, he was in a lot of teams last year.

Janujaz assist for Utd pen btw

• Advertisement

I need for Luiz to play well tonight, he's the obvious partner for Terry and I need him to play for Chelsea's good run, I don't want to have to waste a transfer to switch him for Ivan/Terry, I'll probably get Terry in for Mert or Vert anyway.
    Vidic just needs not to fúck up and he'll surely be back for the weekend.
    Ramsey to play 90 minutes please;)

Oh and obviously Razor to get a hat trick and force his way into the England world cup squad:pac:

I don't think Luiz is the obvious partner for Terry. He's a disaster waiting to happen in any game.

He makes at least one catastrophic error in any game he plays. At the top level you can't afford that.

Advertisement