Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Player Watch: Internationals, European Competitions and Domestic Cups

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think Luiz is the obvious partner for Terry. He's a disaster waiting to happen in any game.

He makes at least one catastrophic error in any game he plays. At the top level you can't afford that.

Well I'd say you're being a little bit melodramatic there but it's an easy shot to take after his mistake a couple of weeks ago, lets agree to disagree, I think he has other assets that make up for his occasional cockups, he's a nailed on starter for Brazil, captain on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hernandez second for Utd

Rodellega gets a second for Fulham also

Crouch scores for Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Crouch goal for Stoke. 2 goals in 2 games, is that a bandwagon I hear? :pac:

• Advertisement

Ozil on for Arsenal

V long stoppage at OT for what looks a serious injury to Snograss

Mata goal

And Giroud on for Arsenal instead of big Nic

Redmond off injured for Norwich too

Arnie goal Stoke

• Advertisement

Matt Taylor pen for West Ham. Remember the season he was OOP as a defender for Pompey I think and scored a bunch of goals

Rooney on for Utd at 2-0 up, odd

Phil Jones goal Utd

Karagunis goal Fulham

Fabio goal for Utd, after a peach of a ball from Rooney.

Collison goal West Ham

All over bar Birmingham v Stoke which finished 3-3 and is gone to ET

Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham through. Arsenal, Norwich, Fulham out. Leicester the only non EPL team through so far

Kenwyne Jones goal Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Well I'd say you're being a little bit melodramatic there but it's an easy shot to take after his mistake a couple of weeks ago, lets agree to disagree, I think he has other assets that make up for his occasional cockups, he's a nailed on starter for Brazil, captain on occasion.

It's not as if that mistake against Cardiff was a once off. Have a read of this article from a year ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9639586/David-Luizs-inept-display-at-the-back-shows-how-hard-it-will-be-to-replace-Chelsea-anchorman-John-Terry.html

Luiz has been making errors for a long time now and I don't think Mourinho will allow the problem to continue,

Dos he start in defence or midfield for Brazil?

I don't doubt his abilities. He has plenty of good attributes. He'll just never be a central defender for me. Defensive midfielder is more his position IMO. Then he has the defence to cover his errors.

Stoke beat Birmingham 4-2 on pens after a 4-4 draw in the match to round off the nights action.

2 games tomorrow Newcastle v Man City and Spurs v Hull before the round is completed next week for some reason with Sunderland v Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Stoke beat Birmingham 4-2 on pens after a 4-4 draw in the match to round off the nights action.

2 games tomorrow Newcastle v Man City and Spurs v Hull before the round is completed next week for some reason with Sunderland v Southampton

Is it because Newcastle and Sunderland usually play one home, one away? I can't see why that would of stopped them having one game last night and one tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is it because Newcastle and Sunderland usually play one home, one away? I can't see why that would of stopped them having one game last night and one tonight though.

I think it's because the league game was on Sunday so neither team would agree to the cup game 2 days later.

Tonights line ups

Tottenham XI: Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghten, Naughton; Paulinho, Lamela, Dembele; Sigurdsson, Eriksen; Defoe

Hull XI: Jakupovic, Rosenior, Bruce, Davies, Meyler, Graham, Koren, McShane, Boyd, Elmohamady, Quinn.

Newcastle XI: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara; Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, Gouffran; Shola Ameobi, Cisse.

Man City XI: Pantilimon, Richards, Boyata, Lescott, Kolarov, Rodwell, Garcia, Navas, Milner, Jovetic, Dzeko

On the bench tonight

Spurs : Chiriches, Holtby, Capoue, Townsend, Chadli, Lloris.
    Hull : Figueroa, Gedo, Sagbo, Mclean, Harper, Faye, Proschwitz.
    Newcastle : Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Remy, Elliot, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Dummett.
    Man City : Hart, Zabaleta, Nasri, Negredo, Silva, Fernandinho, Demichelis.

Negredo subbed on for Jovetic very early on.

Siggy goal for the Spuds

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City have a strong enough team out but I still don't know how Newcastle haven't scored against them.I've no City players in my squad,the only one I'd consider is Aguero.

Both games tonight finish level tonight and go to extra time. 0-0 in City game and 1-1 in Spurs game

Negredo goal city

• Advertisement

Paul McShane superstar, goal for Hull

Advertisement