Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Player Watch: Internationals, European Competitions and Domestic Cups

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Your starting to sound like me now lemlin ;). I do agree with you though. There are a few big ifs. First we need rooney to start tomorrow night if he does and rvp is fit for the weekend I think there has to be a chance that rooney could be on the bench against WBA. The thing going against it is utds poor start to the season. If rvp is confirmed out I may go for aguero like you suggested in another thread instead of rooney. Either way Im not going to make my decision tonight just because rooney is going up .1.

I've never really had a huge amount if faith in Rooney in FF. He does well in spurts of form so its getting on him at the right time that is key.

Re the news above about Ramsey. That would be great news for us non Ramsey owners.

In saying that, I have two Arsenal players and their squad is dropping like flies!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Man City: Pantilimon, Richards, Boyata, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, Javi Garcia, Lopes, Jovetic, Dzeko. Subs: Nasri, Negredo, Kolarov, Jesus Navas, Wright, Nastasic, Toure. (v Wigan)

Aston Villa: Steer, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Albrighton, Bacuna, Tonev, Kozak. Subs: Guzan, Clark, Helenius, Weimann, Bowery, Johnson, Robinson. (v Spurs)

Spurs: Friedel, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Fryers, Paulinho, Sandro, Lamela, Holtby, Defoe, Kane. Subs: Gomes, Soldado, Naughton, Townsend, Dembele, Dawson, Chadli. (v Villa)

Sunderland: Westwood, Gardner, O'Shea, Cuellar, Colback, Johnson, Ki, Larsson, Cattermole, Giaccherini, Altidore. Subs: Cabral, Wickham, Ba, Mannone, Roberge, Borini, Mavrias. (v Peterborough)

Chelsea: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand, van Ginkel , Essien, De Bruyne, Mata, Willian, Torres. Subs: Ramires, Schurrle, Ba, Terry, Eto'o, Blackman, Baker. (v Swindon)

Fulham: Stockdale, Zverotic, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise, Taarabt, Karagounis, Parker, Kacaniklic, Kasami, Berbatov. Subs: Sidwell, Rodallega, Riether, Amorebieta, Na Bangna, Ethe

Everton: Robles, Coleman, Heitinga, Distin, Stones, Oviedo, McCarthy, Gibson, Deulofeu, Naismith, Lukaku. Subs: Baines, Jagielka, Jelavic, Mirallas, Barry, Barkley, Howard. (v Fulham)

Hull: Harper, Rosenior, Bruce, Faye, Dudgeon, Boyd, Meyler, Quinn, Fryatt, Proschwitz, Sagbo. Subs: Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore, Jakupovic, Gedo, Elmohamady, Henderson. (v Huddersfield)

West Ham: Adrian, Chambers, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney, Jarvis, Morrison, Taylor, Vaz Te, Maiga, Collison. Subs: Nolan, Rat, Diame, Henderson, Petric, Ruddock, Moncur. (v Cardiff)

Cardiff: Lewis, Connolly, Hudson, Brayford, John, Odemwingie, Mutch, Cowie, Noone, Mason, Maynard. Subs: Smith, Gestede, Lappin, McNaughton, Moore, Harris, Healey. (vWham)

Southampton: Kelvin Davis, Chambers, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Fox, Steven Davis, Cork, Ward-Prowse, Ramirez, Do Prado, Lee. Subs: Rodriguez, Lallana, Gazzaniga, Rowe, Reed, McCarthy, Targett.(v Bristol City)

Norwich: Bunn, Whittaker, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Garrido, Redmond, Johnson, Tettey, Olsson, Hoolahan, Hooper. Subs: Turner, Howson, Fer, Elmander, Becchio, Nash, Murphy.(v Watford)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've never really had a huge amount if faith in Rooney in FF. He does well in spurts of form so its getting on him at the right time that is key.

Re the news above about Ramsey. That would be great news for us non Ramsey owners.

In saying that, I have two Arsenal players and their squad is dropping like flies!

I never have myself he has always been overpriced and the one year he scored really highly if I recall correctly utd got some amount of pens that year. He is interesting me this year though as his price is more realistic and I think he will be treated on an equal footing to rvp( pretty clear last year rvp was the main man). If he doesnt start tomorrow and rvp is out Ill probably go with Rooney. Ideally Im on rvp though.
    Ramsey being out would shake things up alright he has some ownership now. I know people are saying whats the big deal with rotation but I think all these injuries are down to teams playing every few days. Its the busiest time of the season and this is why managers prioritise games and rest players in games they feel they can win. If rooney plays tomorrow and sat he is shaping up for 7 games in 3 weeks an injury waiting to happen. Utd usually at this time of the year have an easier cl group and a carling cup game that doesnt matter, where they can rest players.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not sure if Moyes will be thinking about resting Rooney at the weekend.
    I don't think he'd take that chance after Sundays defeat.

He needs a win at the weekend whereas I think he'd take an away draw in CL.

(Yes I have him ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bloody hell Torres looks like a good player tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

aguero the only city striker not involved tonight . If further confirmation was needed he is clearly citys No. 1 striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Morrison on the scoresheet again tonight. Surely he's nailed down his starting spot by now?

Question - he has dropped to £4.4. If he goes back up to £4.5 do those of us that had him pre-drop rise too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

roryc wrote: »
    Morrison on the scoresheet again tonight. Surely he's nailed down his starting spot by now?

Question - he has dropped to £4.4. If he goes back up to £4.5 do those of us that had him pre-drop rise too?

Doubt it, your purchase price was 4.5 - therefore his price didn't rise for you.

EDIT - Your team price rises by 0.1, however he has to rise to 4.7 in order for you to get the 0.1 increase

F1ngers wrote: »
    Doubt it, your purchase price was 4.5 - therefore his price didn't rise for you.

EDIT - Your team price rises by 0.1, however he has to rise to 4.7 in order for you to get the 0.1 increase

I definitely don't have to wait for him to rise from £4.4 to £4.7 before I can get more than £4.4m for him as resale value. It's either £4.5 or £4.6, most likely the latter.

aguero the only city striker not involved tonight . If further confirmation was needed he is clearly citys No. 1 striker.

The more I think about it the more RVP out, Aguero in is warranted.

It'll free up 3 million straight away for me. The difference between Kevin Nolan and Michu. Michu + Aguero > RVP + Nolan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I definitely don't have to wait for him to rise from £4.4 to £4.7 before I can get more than £4.4m for him as resale value. It's either £4.5 or £4.6, most likely the latter.

You bought him at 4.5, why would you get 0.1 when he goes up to 4.6 - doesn't make sense.

Look at your data view page to see your pp, cp and sp - that will tell you what you will get for him.

I reckon anyone that bought him at 4.5 has to wait til he's 4.7 to see 0.1.
    Whereas those who buy him at 4.4 only have to wait til he hits 4.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

If i'm reading this right you bought him at 4.5, still had him when he dropped to 4.4?

If so, then if he goes back up to 4.5, yeah, his resale value on your team should go back up to 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

F1ngers wrote: »
    I reckon anyone that bought him at 4.5 has to wait til he's 4.7 to see 0.1.
    Whereas those who buy him at 4.4 only have to wait til he hits 4.6.

You got it.

You are confused. I'm not asking about making a profit, I'm asking about what price he needs to get to before my resale value on him is back to the original price I paid for him (£4.5). It is either £4.5 or £4.6. There is no way it's £4.7.

"The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player."

At the moment I can sell him for £4.4. When he rises to £4.5 either his re-sale value reflects the fact that I already had bought him at this price and rises accordingly, or at least rises at £4.6. A player can't take a £0.3 price rise without his re-sale rising, this is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

You are confused. I'm not asking about making a profit, I'm asking about what price he needs to get to before my resale value on him is back to the original price I paid for him (£4.5). It is either £4.5 or £4.6. There is no way it's £4.7.

"The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player."

At the moment I can sell him for £4.4. When he rises to £4.5 either his re-sale value reflects the fact that I already had bought him at this price and rises accordingly, or at least rises at £4.6. A player can't take a £0.3 price rise without his re-sale rising, this is ridiculous.
    If i'm reading this right you bought him at 4.5, still had him when he dropped to 4.4?

If so, then if he goes back up to 4.5, yeah, his resale value on your team should go back up to 4.5

He only has to go back to 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Player bought for 4.5

Falls to 4.4 - Selling Price 4.4
    Rises to 4.5 - Selling Price 4.5
    Rises to 4.6 - Selling Price 4.5
    Rises to 4.7 - Selling Price 4.6

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

At the moment you sell for 4.4. If he rises to 4.5 you can sell for 4.5. If he rises to 4.6 you can sell for 4.5. If he rises to 4.7 you can sell for 4.6.

As the rule says, there is only a fee if you realise a profit, so anything above purchase price (4.5). Anything equal or below purchase price and you receive current value.

If I understand your question correctly, that means you get your original resale value if he rises to 4.5

Yep that answers my question. It would be crazy for you to be put at a disadvantage simply because your player dropped in value and then rose back to his original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Ramires got hurt last night

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/09/25/4286990/-?

Good news for those with Lampard I guess...

Tricky business transferring before cup games, it's just those pesky price rises eg Michu+Roo last night

Sturridge can break a leg tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The good news is that Ozil, Giroud and Koscielny won't play tonight. This means no risk of injury for them.

4 Per Mertesacker
    5 Thomas Vermaelen
    8 Mikel Arteta
    13 Emiliano Viviano
    17 Nacho Monreal
    20 Mathieu Flamini
    21 Lukasz Fabianski
    23 Nicklas Bendtner
    25 Carl Jenkinson
    30 Ju-Young Park
    31 Ryo
    37 Chuba Akpom
    40 Hector Bellerin
    42 Thomas Eisfeld
    44 Serge Gnabry
    45 Isaac Hayden
    53 Kristoffer Olsson
    60 Alex Iwobi

Man Utd: De Gea, Rafael Da Silva, Smalling, Evans, Buttner, Jones, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Kagawa, Hernandez. Subs: Anderson, Carrick, Welbeck, Fabio Da Silva, Zaha, Amos, Januzaj. (v Liverpool)

Liverpool: Mignolet, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Jose Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Suarez, Moses, Sturridge. Subs: Brad Jones, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Kelly, Wisdom. (v Man Utd)

Great news that Rooney starts.

Is Wellbeck injured or what? Hasn't he missed a few squads now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Rooney will start Saturday too

Swansea: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Monk, Taylor, Lamah, de Guzman, Britton, Pozuelo, Shelvey, Bony. Subs: Vorm, Chico, Michu, Routledge, Canas, Vazquez, Ben Davies. (v Birmingham)

Stoke: Sorensen, Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Muniesa, Whelan, Palacios, Ireland, Pennant, Crouch, Arnautovic. Subs: Jones, Adam, Walters, Butland, Assaidi, Etherington, Wilkinson. (v Tranmere)

Santi101 wrote: »
    Rooney will start Saturday too

He didn't have a proper pre season and is now on what, his 4th game in ten days?

United at home don't need Rooney to beat West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Lemlin wrote: »
    He didn't have a proper pre season and is now on what, his 4th game in ten days?

United at home don't need Rooney to beat West Brom.

West Brom is huge for United I think, especially after their horrible start. Considering how the palace game played out, I dont think they can take any games for granted now.

We'll see Saturday I guess,

Santi101 wrote: »
    West Brom is huge for United I think, especially after their horrible start. Considering how the palace game played out, I dont think they can take any games for granted now.

We'll see Saturday I guess,

Ah maybe but it's ended any hope I had of bringing him in. Not taking the chance now.

If RVP isn't fit, I'll plump for Aguero.

Newcastle: Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini, Dummett, Gouffran, Anita, Tiote, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Cisse. Subs: Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gosling, Bigirimana, Obertan, Vuckic, Alnwick. (v Leeds)

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Newcastle: Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini, Dummett, Gouffran, Anita, Tiote, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Cisse. Subs: Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gosling, Bigirimana, Obertan, Vuckic, Alnwick. (v Leeds)

Ben Arfa and Michu both rested.

Advertisement