Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Can you still preorder in GameStop and Smyth the day one Xbox one with either FIFA 14 or Forza gona cancel my standard xbone in xtravision downside have to get a cheque off them for my 500 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

rob808 wrote: »
    Can you still preorder in GameStop and Smyth the day one Xbox one with either FIFA 14 or Forza gona cancel my standard xbone in xtravision downside have to get a cheque off them for my 500 quid

Day One with Fifa is booked out in Smyths and Gamestop.

Still some Forza left though

niallon wrote: »

Would I get it at launch with the Forza edition if i dont that cool rather a free game than standard edition going to day to preorder and cancel my xtravision one.

Would I get it at launch with the Forza edition if i dont that cool rather a free game than standard edition going to day to preorder and cancel my xtravision one.
    I went into Smyth blachardstown the guy didn't even know the Forza edition Xbox one even doh it on there website.im stuck with standard no free game greed MS they should give a free game with standard it go to show you how little they value there customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,054 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Make sure your games have there booklets because they won't take them off you.

They have all inserts have about 15 more to trade in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I went into Smyth blachardstown the guy didn't even know the Forza edition Xbox one even doh it on there website.im stuck with standard no free game greed MS they should give a free game with standard it go to show you how little they value there customers.
    How spoilt. You are moaning about not getting a game FREE game for a console. Crap of Sony for no free game for the PS4 eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Funny you say that because I went into Smyths Cork today and moved my preorder to the Forza edition with no problems, guy couldn't have been more helpful. The process is a bit awkward in that I had to cancel my original pre-order but he showed me the email Smyths had sent to their staff saying people who want to change will pretty much keep their place in the queue.

I was told all day one editions have fifa, all standard editions have forza. That's what I was told by smyths yesterday.

I was told all day one editions have fifa, all standard editions have forza. That's what I was told by smyths yesterday.
    i hope that true I have standard edition it be nice getting Forza free guess we have to wait and see doh buy mine in xtravision and there clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Amazon have three consoles advertised Day One Forza, Day One Fifa and standard edition so I don't think thats right plus one of the day one bonuses is three cars for Forza!

• Advertisement

That's correct, what I mean is there are still standard editions left and the standard includes Forza. Just hard to define which edition is which with all the different bleeding titles Microsoft keep coming out with!

You'll get whatever you pre book at launch, I know it is easy to think at the moment that there's no shortage of Xbox Ones but it's a long way from here to November.

I wouldn't suggest anyone be under the impression they'll be able to swap their Fifa edition for a Forza one on the day, there's a very high likelihood all launch day stock will be booked out

How spoilt. You are moaning about not getting a game FREE game for a console. Crap of Sony for no free game for the PS4 eh?
    No I'm annoyed at ms for screwing people who buy standard and get Notting and Sony ps4 cheaper and if the killzone bundle real yea then Sony ps4 better value.i never understand why people stick for company's .

No I'm annoyed at ms for screwing people who buy standard and get Notting and Sony ps4 cheaper and if the killzone bundle real yea then Sony ps4 better value.i never understand why people stick for company's .
    You get a free game either way. Fifa of you've already booked, Forza if you're booking now

You get a free game either way. Fifa of you've already booked, Forza if you're booking now
    Well that good if I dont get a free game I won't mind but i would think less of ms.if MS doesn't and people see ps4 killzone bundle for same price with a game a extra controller and the eye toy you know which console people will pick the better value one I'm not gona rant anymore don't wana annoy anyone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Crap of Sony for no free game for the PS4 eh?

Not correct. There will be an edition of Driveclub available on PS+ at launch, for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Just Pre booked an xbox one today in gamestop, going to trade in my 360 slim 250gig console off it next week to get 140 off the total cost of the xbox one.

Its not a day one release with Fifa though, seems to be confusion amungst staff about if I'll get it on day one too.

Is there any where else I can prebook a day one with fifa included??
    My understanding is the day one editions come with either Fifa or Forza, standard edition has no games, is that right?

Superfint wrote: »
    Just Pre booked an xbox one today in gamestop, going to trade in my 360 slim 250gig console off it next week to get 140 off the total cost of the xbox one.

Its not a day one release with Fifa though, seems to be confusion amungst staff about if I'll get it on day one too.

My understanding is the day one editions come with either Fifa or Forza, standard edition has no games, is that right?
    Yea I'm in the same boat kinda suck MS would do that you probably get it a week after launch.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Not correct. There will be an edition of Driveclub available on PS+ at launch, for free.

So ps+ is free now?.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Before GTA V, madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Not a huge GTA fan so I'll not miss out really.

The "Day One Edition" comes with Fifa. The Standard Edition, which you should still be able to book for launch day, comes with Forza

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The "Day One Edition" comes with Fifa. The Standard Edition, which you should still be able to book for launch day, comes with Forza

Any idea if those of us with the day one edition already pre-ordered can swap fifa to forza while still keeping it a day one edition console?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Is there any difference between a "day one" console and a standard one?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

ShaunC wrote: »

Well there's the writing on the controller and like the achievement or something :s

Nothing major :p

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Great, I want the one with the writing on it, oh I'm so excited, how many days left until christm........ launch day:D

ShaunC wrote: »
    Yea FIFA 14 come with day one I hear you can also chose Forza I heard standard migth get Forza but no one know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Davexirl

So day one consoles with Fifa sold out in Smyths and GameStop, I must give HMV a shout, their Henry street shop might have sold out by now. Does anyone know?

But their Liffey Valley shop is opening sometime this week. I must pop in....

Can anyone think of anywhere else I might be able to pre order a day one console with Fifa?

Davexirl wrote: »
    So day one consoles with Fifa sold out in Smyths and GameStop, I must give HMV a shout, their Henry street shop might have sold out by now. Does anyone know?

But their Liffey Valley shop is opening sometime this week. I must pop in....

Can anyone think of anywhere else I might be able to pre order a day one console with Fifa?
    I hate to say this but I don't think you will find anywhere selling day one xbone your gona have to get standard it sucks.i say best place to look is online stores you probably have to buy a bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Varik wrote: »
    Before GTA V, madness.

This is the thing, I feel like cancelling my pre order, I won't be finished GTA V by November, currently hacking through darksiders 2, I don't think i'm finished with the xbox for another while.
    If I got the xbox one from Santa I think it would be time enough.

Advertisement