Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So ps+ is free now?.

no...driveclub is free if you subscribe to ps plus....plus is still fee based but with plus you get free games.

resogun and driveclub are the first two free ps4 games, but you also get ps3 and vita games each month :)

tis well worth subbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Davexirl wrote: »
    So day one consoles with Fifa sold out in Smyths and GameStop, I must give HMV a shout, their Henry street shop might have sold out by now. Does anyone know?

But their Liffey Valley shop is opening sometime this week. I must pop in....

Can anyone think of anywhere else I might be able to pre order a day one console with Fifa?

They're still on Microsoft.ie as of this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

no...driveclub is free if you subscribe to ps plus....plus is still fee based but with plus you get free games.

resogun and driveclub are the first two free ps4 games, but you also get ps3 and vita games each month :)

tis well worth subbing.

So, despite what the poster implies - Sony are not giving a game free with the PS4, as I said. Thought so.

It IS well worth subbing, but the game comes free with PS+, not the PS4.

As an aside - isn't DriveClub a micro transactions game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

So, despite what the poster implies - Sony are not giving a game free with the PS4, as I said. Thought so.

It IS well worth subbing, but the game comes free with PS+, not the PS4.

As an aside - isn't DriveClub a micro transactions game?

Ps+ is well worth it, and puts Game With Gold to shame, the only problem I have with it is that I would sooner own an older title for life than play a newer one for a limited time. As it is I barely get time to play the retail games I purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

niallon wrote: »
    [IMG]http://flickr.com/lightbox? id=9713912409[/IMG]

It's a hash tag game, save it for twitter lads.

Ps+ is well worth it, and puts Game With Gold to shame, the only problem I have with it is that I would sooner own an older title for life than play a newer one for a limited time. As it is I barely get time to play the retail games I purchase
    The problem is most people will trade in there 360 for xbone so those free games from gold are gone.I think you get 140 for slim 250 gb and something like 60 to 80 for ps3 so I can't see many people trading in there ps3.I think ps+ ok because most people trade in there games after they finish there games.

• Advertisement

It certainly is with it imo - and I wouldn't have an issue with games only being available while you are subbed - once I am subbed I will likely stay that way, but even if not, i'll probably not be arsed playing the games 2 years later. Play them, complete them, forget about them.

Game with Gold is terrible by comparison - a couple of really, really old games. Thanks MS...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I got a free month when I signed up, so presuming the same offer still applies, you can have access to the game, for free, at launch, which lines up with your strategy:
    Play them, complete them, forget about them.

You'll probably only have access for 1 month for free, and the game will be locked again. In any case, PS+ is great value in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Do Amazon do day one delivery to Ireland any more? The fastest delivery for my X1, or any games, gives me an estimate that they'll arrive 3-4 days after launch.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Do Amazon do day one delivery to Ireland any more? The fastest delivery for my X1, or any games, gives me an estimate that they'll arrive 3-4 days after launch.
    Well I got a wii u off them buy it Monday got it Tuesday but longest you wait is 3 to 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

My friends Girlfriend is looking to try and get a day one edition with FIFA, any chance of pre ordering anywhere at this stage? Microsoft.com are sold out.

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    My friends Girlfriend is looking to try and get a day one edition with FIFA, any chance of pre ordering anywhere at this stage? Microsoft.com are sold out.

Nah your out of luck sold out everywhere including online:(

Great news for me - Other half said she is heading down the country with some of her family on the 23rd of November - XBOX One Day just got extended 24 hours for me! Place to myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

rob808 wrote: »
    Nah your out of luck sold out everywhere including online:(

HMV?

It's slightly roundabout, but if they find someone who has one booked but would prefer Forza to Fifa you could pre order a Forza then swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

It's slightly roundabout, but if they find someone who has one booked but would prefer Forza to Fifa you could pre order a Forza then swap?

Not a bad idea, can you still get the Forza versions?

Not a bad idea, can you still get the Forza versions?

Still available to book in Smyths, pretty sure they're available across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Harvey Norman would be worth a try too.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I was talking to a manager of gamestop today and he said you can only get Fifa with the new console, apparently you have to log on and download the game.:(

ShaunC wrote: »
    I was talking to a manager of gamestop today and he said you can only get Fifa with the new console, apparently you have to log on and download the game.:(

As in Fifa is the only free game? If so he's incorrect, from now on all consoles booked will come with Forza

As in Fifa is the only free game? If so he's incorrect, from now on all consoles booked will come with Forza
    How do you know that for sure I hope so because getting Forza free with my standard be brilliant .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Maybe the day one editions that have been ordered all have Fifa. And they can't order anymore, he may be wrong but I thought all the day one were sold out:confused:

ShaunC wrote: »
    Maybe the day one editions that have been ordered all have Fifa. And they can't order anymore, he may be wrong but I thought all the day one were sold out:confused:
    Fifa is only free with the Day One Edition, all of which are booked out.

Current bookings being taken are for the Standard Edition which comes with Forza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    They're still on Microsoft.ie as of this evening.

Thanks for that but I'm too late, I just went on to microsoft.ie to pre-order and it comes up,

"We're sorry but Xbox One Day One + FIFA 14 is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologise for any inconvenience"

Then it has just the console in my cart and it say's release date 31st of December 2013, strange!!!

I'll keep trying elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Davexirl wrote: »
    Thanks for that but I'm too late, I just went on to microsoft.ie to pre-order and it comes up,

"We're sorry but Xbox One Day One + FIFA 14 is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologise for any inconvenience"

Then it has just the console in my cart and it say's release date 31st of December 2013, strange!!!

I'll keep trying elsewhere.

let us know if you have any joy

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

So does the day one edition come with a 12 month live code???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Went into smyths today to change my day one edition which I had booked at the end of July and changed it for the Forza edition. What I had to do was cancel my d1 and then re order the Forza. I took a risk that I now went to the bottom but the store manager said there wasn't too many getting the forza ed and I should be ok. Its a xmas present anyway so if I get by then I'll be happy

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ordered the day one edition with forza on 4th sept from amazon, email today to say it'll be delivered on 22nd nov. Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

maximoose wrote: »
    Ordered the day one edition with forza on 4th sept from amazon, email today to say it'll be delivered on 22nd nov. Happy with that :)

What postage option did you pick with that to say they will deliver on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

expedited to parcel motel. £4 I think it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Tried HMV Dundrum today but they weren't able to place a pre order :( Does anyone know if the day one edition with forza is available anywhere at all in Ireland?

Advertisement