Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Booked a day one in Gamestop today, going to pay it off €50 a week for the next 10 weeks, already have my PS4 done too. Gonna get the Forza edition I think, better to buy the Ultimate Edition Fifa 14 rather than the download.

do not all day one purchases include the dlcs with them?
    i think somewere its mentions that if you buy digital (which fifa14 comes anyhow for free) well then you can buy it anytime up to 2weeks and still get day1 content

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    do not all day one purchases include the dlcs with them?
    i think somewere its mentions that if you buy digital (which fifa14 comes anyhow for free) well then you can buy it anytime up to 2weeks and still get day1 content

The FIFA 14 or Forza download versions with the day one console will be the standard version of the games,they won't include any dlc for free with these versions,at least I don't think they will, wouldn't make much sense if they do, there are so far 3 versions of FIFA 14 for PS3/XBOX 360. The standard, the ultimate team and the collectors edition, which is the ultimate team in a steel box and a free football. Not sure what versions are coming for PS4/XBOX ONE. Most likely the same though. So I can't see them giving away dlc for free, just the standard game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 heytherebro2

I'm going to give it a preorder in gamestop tomorrow. It would seem however, that they're no longer providing Fifa 14 with the day one editions?

http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=32&rootGenre=27

I'm going to give it a preorder in gamestop tomorrow. It would seem however, that they're no longer providing Fifa 14 with the day one editions?

http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=32&rootGenre=27

I hope they're not going back on the guarantee of a day one edition.

I pre ordered a day one edition a week or two ago and up until now it said in the "my orders" section of my account "Day one edition with fifa" but now it just says "Xbox One".

I better email them and see what the story is.

I pre ordered a day one edition a week or two ago and up until now it said in the "my orders" section of my account "Day one edition with fifa" but now it just says "Xbox One".

I'm going to preorder it tomorrow in Dublin, called the closest gamestop to me and they told me that it was guaranteed to get it day one but only if it was preordered within the next few days.. Maybe they're updating the site to include the option for either Forza 5 or Fifa 14?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pre-ordered the day one edition with Forza on Amazon. Expected delivery date is November 25th with the most expensive delivery option. I've been worrying for last 3 weeks about whether my PS4 will arrive before Christmas. I was worried about having 2 weeks off and no next gen console.

Always planned to get an X1 inside the first two years, with Forza being the major pull. This works quite nicely... I'm guaranteed a next gen console before Christmas and won't be left in the lurch if the PS4 stock does turn out to be incredibly limited and I get my biggest draw to the X1 for free.

I'll have to cancel the X1 if I can't pull the funds together though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It doesn't mean anything, the order was linked to the name of the 1 ONE SKU they have. If someone rename it to Xbox 180 then that's what your order would show, their site is terrible about changing orders and giving you any proper information or the ability to update the order.

Anyone going to be picking up BF4 with their console? Like, if it's confirmed for launch at some point..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone going to be picking up BF4 with their console? Like, if it's confirmed for launch at some point..

Dunno - money is going to be tight. Will probably only be able to get 2 games.

2 from NFS:R, CoD:G, BF4 and Watchdogs.

Dunno - money is going to be tight. Will probably only be able to get 2 games.

2 from NFS:R, CoD:G, BF4 and Watchdogs.

The same about money for me! :P I'll only be looking to pick-up 1 game... BF4 and if any other money appears somehow, might go for Dead Rising 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,054 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I have been going into smyths and trading in old 360 games and so far have £130 on a gift card towards the Xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I have been going into smyths and trading in old 360 games and so far have £130 on a gift card towards the Xbox 1

Make sure your games have there booklets because they won't take them off you.

Gamestop.ie are getting terrible for answering emails. Want to see can I add a controller to my existing order and still prevail of the free express delivery.

2 sent in the last week and no response.

Usually they are very quick at getting back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Gamestop.ie are getting terrible for answering emails. Want to see can I add a controller to my existing order and still prevail of the free express delivery.

2 sent in the last week and no response.

Usually they are very quick at getting back to you.

Check your confirmation e-mail that you received when you put through the order, I checked mine last night and it explicitly states Day One edition and FIFA 14.

Parawind wrote: »
    Check your confirmation e-mail that you received when you put through the order, I checked mine last night and it explicitly states Day One edition and FIFA 14.

Thanks, just checked there and it says day one edition.

It had being saying the same in "my orders" but now it just says Xbox One.

Hopefully its nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

After saying for weeks I would wait a few months before buying one I took the plunge last night and pre-ordered it from Microsoft . The fact FIFA comes with it as a download swayed me towards it. Can't wait to play as Limerick FC in it finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

got a confirmation email :) says i will get console delivered on day of launch with fifa14 as my free game

also said something about if i placed an order after the 24th of august my free game would be forza5

not to bothered prefer fifa , will wait for forza too drop

thank god its a friday :D misses will be working that weekend , so i dont need any excuses to push her out onto the street :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Lads, does anyone know how much you'll get for trading your 360 to smyths/GameStop now? My 360 is painted red so they probs won't take it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

I pre-ordered an Xbox One in Gamestop Galway this afternoon.

Was told that Day 1 pre-orders sold out yesterday, but I was guaranteed a console the following day. A possibility of being told I could pick it up on day 1 also if I'm lucky. Strange but that's what I was told anyway.

I also pre-ordered the extra controller with the play and charge kit, so that I don't get caught out at launch.

Haven't decided what other game if any that I will get at launch so I didn't pre-order anything else. Was told that I absolutely have to pre-order any game I want to pick up then or I won't get it, especially since I'm not due to get mine until they day after launch.

Edit: I paid €50 deposit today to secure the console and another fiver to pre-order the controller.

It's probably not news to anyone here but I didn't know they weren't doing any wired controllers this time. My consoles aren't in the main living room of the house so it makes no difference. I preferred the wired ones because I had so many problems with the charge and play kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Do any of the games launch before the console?

Would be good to get them before the console launch.

Do the controllers not charge off USB like the play station? Xbox Virgin here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Do any of the games launch before the console?

Would be good to get them before the console launch.
    No. Wouldn't make any sense.
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Do the controllers not charge off USB like the play station? Xbox Virgin here.
    Yes. I was told in Gamestop that the Xbox One controllers are all wireless. One takes AA batteries and the other type (which I pre-ordered an extra one of to go with the one with the console) which has a rechargeable battery pack which is charged via usb.

It never occured to me at the time to make sure the controller that comes with the console is the one with the play and charge kit, but I assume it is. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Smyths have the Forza Day One on their website now (you'll have to pre order in store though)

http://www.toys.ie/Xbox-One-Console-Forza-Edition-!131296-prd.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

LOI Stats wrote: »
    It's probably not news to anyone here but I didn't know they weren't doing any wired controllers this time. My consoles aren't in the main living room of the house so it makes no difference. I preferred the wired ones because I had so many problems with the charge and play kits.
    Plug any old micro usb cable into the controller and it becomes a wired one(data down the cable) which is probably why you don't see wired controllers in the store seeing as they can all be wired(as long as you have a micro usb cable)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Interesting to see that the FIFA Day One pack has disappeared from the Irish MS store, to now being replaced with the basic package, which has a release date of the 31st Dec.
    That 31st Dec date may just be a placeholder though, as on the UK site, the basic package is stated as not being available at launch but will try to ship before end of year, plus the Day One is out of stock now.

Can probably surmise that the Day Ones in the EU region direct from MS are gone for the moment, until they allocate more as stocks allow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

LOI Stats wrote: »
    No. Wouldn't make any sense.

It makes sense if you order games online as you don't want to have an xbox on 22nd November and have to wait another few days for Amazon to deliver games.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

508euro for the Fifa 14 day one release on Amazon. Is that good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

508euro for the Fifa 14 day one release on Amazon. Is that good value?

No, not when you add shipping and the extra €8 euro your paying. Buy it local and get the XB1 and Fifa for €499.

No, not when you add shipping and the extra €8 euro your paying. Buy it local and get the XB1 and Fifa for €499.

Shipping is free on Amazon for anything over £25.

It says its sold out on Amazon though??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Shipping is free on Amazon for anything over £25.

It says its sold out on Amazon though??
    Well, save yourself waiting + €8 and pick it up at a midnight launch or on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Went into Gamestop yesterday to check on my pre order :pac:
    I was told that gamestop ran out of guaranteed launch systems the day before so Thursday.

Also apparently on the night I can choose between the Forza edition or the Fifa edition :pac:

Advertisement