Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Wouldn't be surprised Jervis street have low numbers tbh.. Town is not somewhere I would want to collect 650 euro - 700 with accessories and games worth of electronics at a midnight launch...

The Dominic street flats are less than 2 minutes walk from there no thanks lol

One of the busiest stores believe it or not!

For anyone still wondering, we're still on Day One stock in Smyths, company wide. The pre orders are building though, especially as we can't guarantee PS4 before Xmas now.

Twenty quid deposit and free to book any games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Benzino wrote: »
    1st rule of console launches...never go to a midnight launch :P

I've learned from that kid who got his PS3 stolen at a midnight launch. Believe Sony gave him a new one for free though which was pretty good of em!

I'll be getting Hailo from outside the store back home if I'm honest! No chances are going to be taken by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

niallon wrote: »
    One of the busiest stores believe it or not!

For anyone still wondering, we're still on Day One stock in Smyths, company wide. The pre orders are building though, especially as we can't guarantee PS4 before Xmas now.

Twenty quid deposit and free to book any games

Do you recommend preordering games? Do you have limited edition versions of any Xbox One games on the system? Watch Dogs, AC4 etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Anyone any details on anywhere trading in 360s for Ones ? I've a 120GB Elite 360 with 2 wireless controllers & a Kinect.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Do you recommend preordering games? Do you have limited edition versions of any Xbox One games on the system? Watch Dogs, AC4 etc?

Basically, may as well. It's free, and if you don't collect by the close off time (usually till close of business next day) then we put it back in with the free stock. You're guaranteeing a copy for yourself, and helping us get more stock allocated so it's a win win.

As for special editions, nothing yet but it does seem as though they only decide whether to carry them closer to launch. You can view any game on the site and pre order it by putting in for a text alert. Just select your store and off you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Went into Gamestop today and I managed to get a day one pre order for an Xbox one :pac:

I already have a PS4 pre ordered in there and he was telling me that the pre order numbers have been very one sided. For every Xbox One pre order they roughly have 10 people pre ordering the PS4 :eek:

Anyways for anyone looking for day one XBone give gamestop a try

As for special editions, nothing yet but it does seem as though they only decide whether to carry them closer to launch. You can view any game on the site and pre order it by putting in for a text alert. Just select your store and off you go.

By doing that does it pre order a game and hold it for you??

I always assumed it just text you on the day a game is released to tell you its in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Went into Gamestop today and I managed to get a day one pre order for an Xbox one :pac:

I already have a PS4 pre ordered in there and he was telling me that the pre order numbers have been very one sided. For every Xbox One pre order they roughly have 10 people pre ordering the PS4 :eek:

Anyways for anyone looking for day one XBone give gamestop a try

U ordered a day one edition which are available till February or around then u will not get it on release as of 1st week of august they were not taking anymore pre orders for launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

gotthebug wrote: »
    U ordered a day one edition which are available till February or around then u will not get it on release as of 1st week of august they were not taking anymore pre orders for launch day

I wouldn't have ordered if that was the case. The guy working there told me that they still had launch day (day one editions) remaining. If he turns out to be wrong i'll just switch the pre order to something else. not a big issue for me really. Have the PS4 paid off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

pre orderd from littlewoodsireland

guarenteed day one addition
    only an extra 25e and considering delievery is free , say an extra 20e
    but if that keeps me from going out at midnight i wont mind
    was told it will be delievered to my door on release day

it was 599 for the xboxone on that site, so no wonder they decreased the price probably because no one was willing to pay an extra 100 for it

looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

are there any pre-orders that dont include fifa? How about ones that include COD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

are there any pre-orders that dont include fifa? How about ones that include COD?

Fifa will come with every pre-order period. You probably will be able to get a COD bundle I'd imagine. Haven't seen one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

GameStop are still on the Day One editions for the next week or so,depending on pre-order numbers.

Pre-Orders did stop on the Day one,a while back but microsoft allocated more stock which meant more pre-orders for day one edition could be taken.

I'd recommend ordering any accessories(extra controllers,charge kits etc) aswell that you may wish to purchase as they're likely to be limited come launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,054 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Been thinking of this for a while and will go try and pre order at local smyths today and keep 360 just for GTA V.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Smyth's are still accepting pre-orders in both Limerick stores.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

testicle wrote: »
    Anyone any details on anywhere trading in 360s for Ones ? I've a 120GB Elite 360 with 2 wireless controllers & a Kinect.

Gamestop have a specific 360 - X1 upgrade deal/trade in.....go into your local store for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I order in xtravision but it standard edition on second batch they said I still get it on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Preordered both Xbox One and PS4 at Gamestop. I've been trading in there quite often to get the prices down for launch.

I try sell my 360 in GameStop but they wouldn't take it because it had scratches on it so gave it to my nephew

By doing that does it pre order a game and hold it for you??

I always assumed it just text you on the day a game is released to tell you its in stock?

Preorder, text alert, all the same thing. If you Preorder in store all we do is go onto the website and do it for you! It'll be held for the day of release, sometimes two days for bigger games, then it's sold on if not collected.

All Smyths still taking Day One preorders as of today.

Preorder, text alert, all the same thing. If you Preorder in store all we do is go onto the website and do it for you! It'll be held for the day of release, sometimes two days for bigger games, then it's sold on if not collected.

All Smyths still taking Day One preorders as of today.

Thanks for the reply.

Will I be texted a code or something to let the staff know that I have pre ordered (a game) when I go in to collect or what way does it work? Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.

Will I be texted a code or something to let the staff know that I have pre ordered (a game) when I go in to collect or what way does it work? Thanks

Just a text saying your copy has arrived, bring the phone in to show the text and say the number it was booked with, job done

Just a text saying your copy has arrived, bring the phone in to show the text and say the number it was booked with, job done

Thats great

Thanks mate.

Any idea of when we'll know what Gamestop stores are doing midnight launches? Pre-ordered mine in Liffey St so I've no idea on what they're like with pre-orders and midnight launches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I went in today to pre-order in smyths (galway). The lad there thinks it's 5/1 in favor of the PS4 with regards to preorders. You just have to look at the two threads, one has over 1000 and the other has only 50. I didn't bother pre ordering in the end. Gonna wait a few months I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I went in today to pre-order in smyths (galway). The lad there thinks it's 5/1 in favor of the PS4 with regards to preorders. You just have to look at the two threads, one has over 1000 and the other has only 50. I didn't bother pre ordering in the end. Gonna wait a few months I think.

What about THIS Xbox One thread, over 4,400 posts!?

DaLad wrote: »
    What about THIS Xbox One thread, over 4,400 posts!?

I'm on about the pre order threads.

Yeah but this one was only made a few days ago? If you go onto that thread, that's where most of the discussion is taking place including where people are pre-ordering...

In all fairness I set this thread up about a week ago. The PS4 one was set up in June.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    In all fairness I set this thread up about a week ago. The PS4 one was set up in June.

Fair enough, I never even looked. It's just seems to be everywhere I read, the ps4 is miles ahead with the pre orders. I went in to give yer man €20 and he basically talked me out of it. There's still plenty of day 1 Xbox ones!!

Might just go back in the morning.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I never even looked. It's just seems to be everywhere I read, the ps4 is miles ahead with the pre orders. I went in to give yer man €20 and he basically talked me out of it. There's still plenty of day 1 Xbox ones!!

Might just go back in the morning.

Wow great salesmanship! Did you ever stop to think that maybe he was (obviously) just a severe fanboy!?

You clearly wanted an Xbox One before you went into the shop, so don't be so easily persuaded, and go and pre-order ONE of them bad boys :D

Advertisement