Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Fair enough, I never even looked. It's just seems to be everywhere I read, the ps4 is miles ahead with the pre orders. I went in to give yer man €20 and he basically talked me out of it. There's still plenty of day 1 Xbox ones!!

Might just go back in the morning.

that person should be fired
    not because he was trying to make you go for a ps4, ive no problem with that
    but the fact he turned down a potential sale of over 500e for his shop, id have words with the manager :pac: then hopefully the little bollochs wont be able to afford either console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    that person should be fired
    not because he was trying to make you go for a ps4, ive no problem with that
    but the fact he turned down a potential sale of over 500e for his shop, id have words with the manager :pac: then hopefully the little bollochs wont be able to afford either console

He didn't talk me out of, I was just pulling the piss. Actually a very nice fella he just explained to me when I would expect my xbox/ps4 if I preordered today. The fact is, I don't know which one I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Booked my preorder direct from Microsoft - the height of laziness perhaps, but I won't even need to leave my house to get a Day One edition (allegedly :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Are all Smyths preorders up until now 'Day One Editions' too? I only ask as when I preordered last Saturday, I don't think the girl behind the counter took in what I was saying.

Me: "Am I getting a 'Day One' edition?"

Girl: "Yes. You will be getting an Xbox on day one"

Me: "I know but a 'Day One' version."

Girl (looking annoyed & bewildered as she doesn't seem to grasp my question, doesn't understand 'Day One' and thinks I'm retarded): "Yes. You will have one on day one."

Me: (walks away into the sunset trying to hitch a lift on a highway with my thumb).

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭finno

Booked my preorder direct from Microsoft - the height of laziness perhaps, but I won't even need to leave my house to get a Day One edition (allegedly :-))

Do they take the money straight away or when it released?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

finno wrote: »
    Do they take the money straight away or when it released?
    They take your CC details but don't charge it until it is shipped, they also say
    Street date delivery to most metropolitan areas. Additional transit time required for some locations.
    So you should get it on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Just finished trading in old games/DVDs and a day one xbox 360 with controllers and up to €400. Not bad! Few more bits to go! Keeping my normal xbox 360 solely for gta. Annoying how close its out to the new xbox and no backwards compatibility :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Gamestop have a specific 360 - X1 upgrade deal/trade in.....go into your local store for details

Was in couple of days ago no deals had old elite spare 80 euro no bonus 25% only get that with the games he said, took my elite home probably last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Was in couple of days ago no deals had old elite spare 80 euro no bonus 25% only get that with the games he said, took my elite home probably last longer.

you get 25% extra on all trades once its towards a hardware pre-order.

the only upgrade deal is on the slim xbox 360.

Manage told me no 25% on hardware only on the software they are booked out of Xbox ones so maybe that's why

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Just finished trading in old games/DVDs and a day one xbox 360 with controllers and up to €400. Not bad! Few more bits to go! Keeping my normal xbox 360 solely for gta. Annoying how close its out to the new xbox and no backwards compatibility :mad:

you got 400 quid....jaysus, you musta sold about 60 games to get that.
    smyths take in games as well, but they only offer credit....if you've any unsold try the second hand and pawn shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Manage told me no 25% on hardware only on the software they are booked out of Xbox ones so maybe that's why

Gamestop are not booked out of xbox ones just yet.its close,but guaranteeing a launch day console is still possible.

Out of interest,Which store was this?

Day one editions were all taken up he said if someone didn't want one would be chance of getting there's and said wasn't sure when next shipment would be coming in. Store is in co.mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

smyths take in games as well, but they only offer credit....if you've any unsold try the second hand and pawn shops.
    Smyths give cash or credit.

Over a dozen games, boxes of old DVDs. Got €4 a pop for old headsets, €10 for controllers etc. Adds up!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Pre-ordered direct from Microsoft.ie

Card will be charged when shipped.

There's no option to order a second controller, do I just need to take my chances in the stores ?

Bigcheeze wrote: »

There's no option to order a second controller, do I just need to take my chances in the stores ?

Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit (€69.99) - From Microsoft Store.
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.282230000

Xbox One Wireless Controller (€54.99) - From Microsoft Store
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.282117200

Also, worth noting ...
    Fatcheese offer cashback on purchases with the Microsoft Store. (Your mileage may vary with Fatcheese getting cashback, so I wouldn't count on it - it's more of a bonus if it does come off, but I would just say the following when I preordered the Xbox One Day one edition off the site :))
    Transaction Tracking Receipt
    This is a tracking receipt for your recent transaction made at Microsoft Store IE through FatCheese.ie.
    There's nothing you need to do further, your cashback will be awarded and available to withdraw once we have received payment for the transaction.
    Date of transaction: xx/xx/2013
    Retailer: Microsoft Store IE
    Cashback amount: €20.33
    Average payment speed: 90 days

So, if it all works out, I have a Day One edition and FIFA 14 for €479 . If it doesn't work out, I still have a Day One edition and FIFA 14 and am still a happy camper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,054 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There is option in UK store http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Xbox-One-Wireless-Controller-with-Play-amp-Charge-Kit/productID.282116700

maybe try that in IE store

I just ordered extra control pad with plug and charge and an extra plug and charge for control pad that comes along with the console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit (€69.99) - From Microsoft Store.
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.282230000

Xbox One Wireless Controller (€54.99) - From Microsoft Store
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.282117200

Cheers, they have the Xbone accessories in a separate section so couldn't find it.

Cheers, they have the Xbone accessories in a separate section so couldn't find it.
    Thanks, too, for the reminder. I had forgotten to order a second controller.

Incidentally, I pre-ordered the one with the Play and Charge kit from the Microsoft Link above, using the Fatcheese link (http://www.fatcheese.ie/cashback/microsoft-store-ie/)
    Transaction Tracking Receipt
    This is a tracking receipt for your recent transaction made at Microsoft Store IE through FatCheese.ie.
    There's nothing you need to do further, your cashback will be awarded and available to withdraw once we have received payment for the transaction.
    Date of transaction: xx/xx/2013
    Retailer: Microsoft Store IE
    Cashback amount: €2.85
    Average payment speed: 90 days

Again, I can't guarantee it for everyone, but every little helps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Gamestop FB page one hour ago:
    We are still taking preorders on the Xbox One Day One Edition. Microsoft yesterday confirmed that this is the only version that comes with the free FIFA 14.
    Preorder today to avoid disappointment in November. http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/44437/xbox-one-day-one-edition
    I tried to embed but failed miserably :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Preordered yesterday from the microsoft store, day one delivered straight to my door! Starting to look forward to it now.

Wait, I'm moving in two weeks.... Now how do I change my delivery address...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/04/xbox-one-shipping-date/

Nov 22nd Release date Including Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

cursai wrote: »
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/04/xbox-one-shipping-date/

Nov 22nd Release date Including Ireland.

This is a good day. Plus its a Friday, means I only have to take one day off work!

I posted this on the other thread for pre orders but now you can get Forza 5 free instead of Fifa [URL="Amazon are offering the Day one edition with forza 5 for free? first I heard of it!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DCUPE2O/ref=amb_link_176625487_3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0D5CKSXZ3034T4JR2MAS&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=425312687&pf_rd_i=B00BM2LLB2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I posted this on the other thread for pre orders but now you can get Forza 5 free instead of Fifa [URL="Amazon are offering the Day one edition with forza 5 for free? first I heard of it!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DCUPE2O/ref=amb_link_176625487_3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0D5CKSXZ3034T4JR2MAS&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=425312687&pf_rd_i=B00BM2LLB2

Might just be a Microsoft Store exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No, it's on Amazon UK too. You have a choice of Forza5 or FIFA14 downloads with the day one console. Getting Forza 5 for free just sold the X1 for me so I pre ordered it. Was going to leave it till this time next year but MS are getting desperate under pressure so I caved.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

So do I need to ring up Smyths and tell them I want to change to the Forza 5 version of the X1 and that in unrelated news they can cancel my Forza 5 preorder or what :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

So do I need to ring up Smyths and tell them I want to change to the Forza 5 version of the X1 and that in unrelated news they can cancel my Forza 5 preorder or what :confused:

No sign of the Forza 5 bundle with Smyths yet. Shouldn't be an issue swapping pre orders though, staff should be able to just note on your order that you want the the Forza one and swap on the day. Next customer to order would then be able to order your Day One.

As for the game don't worry, pre orders on games don't need to be cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Booked a day one in Gamestop today, going to pay it off €50 a week for the next 10 weeks, already have my PS4 done too. Gonna get the Forza edition I think, better to buy the Ultimate Edition Fifa 14 rather than the download.

Advertisement