Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Average shots per rally is 6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Novak seems to be lacking a bit of power, lacking that final shot he had in 2011 to end the rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that might be the best point I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

He's kicking into life now!

Looking like he's handing serve straight back though...

Still think Rafi in straights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

I'm 5 mins behind but that point when it was BP on Nadal's serve was INCREDIBLE. One of the best points I've seen. 54 shots! :eek:

That's why they're the top two in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

An actually good 54 shot rally? Or a usual Nadal/Djokovic rally, ie; fairly boring when it goes on and on?

John.Icy wrote: »
    An actually good 54 shot rally? Or a usual Nadal/Djokovic rally, ie; fairly boring when it goes on and on?

Not good, was outstanding

An actually good one

Novak is a freak.

Djokovic has really picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 GonzalezT1000

So happy I took a day off work tomorrow.

Watching now....A few good gets...but em...at least 30-35 shots were just ping pong plopped over the net directly to one another...

One to their own I guess!

Watching now....A few good gets...but em...at least 30-35 shots were just ping pong plopped over the net directly to one another...

One to their own I guess!

Can't understand how people wouldn't enjoy this, two supreme athletes at the top of their game, fine some of their encounters are tedious but this is breathtaking

As you say each to their own though

This is why I love the sport though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

At his very best, Djoko may be the best ball-striker in the history of tennis :eek:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Some super aggressive shots there from Djokovic. What I like to see :)

Some super aggressive shots there from Djokovic. What I like to see :)

Where did this come from? We haven't seen this since about Rome! :p

Or RG semi ;)

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Can't understand how people wouldn't enjoy this, two supreme athletes at the top of their game, fine some of their encounters are tedious but this is breathtaking

As you say each to their own though

This is why I love the sport though

2-4 good shots out of 54...awful for me to watch...they were just plopping it over mostly...I'm here to watch tennis and aggressiveness (as Djoko is currently showing with some great ball striking).

Great to see Novak putting up some resistance...feared the worst after the 1st set. Can see it going to 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Djok has picked it up to the level Nadal couldn't handle before his injury lay off, doubt he'll maintain it though. Five setter here me thinks

Rushden wrote: »
    Djok has picked it up to the level Nadal couldn't handle before his injury lay off, doubt he'll maintain it though. Five setter here me thinks

Yeah there'll be twists and turns yet

Rafa needs hold serve here lost last 3

At his very best, Djoko may be the best ball-striker in the history of tennis :eek:

And returner! Even over Agassi

• Advertisement

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Yeah there'll be twists and turns yet

Rafa needs hold serve here lost last 3

Really shows the difference in class between the top players and the rest, Nadal gets broken once in 82 games before this match yet Djok can break him three times in a row

2-4 good shots out of 54...awful for me to watch...they were just plopping it over mostly..

Can't understand this. You do realise every single shot can't be angular ridiculousness. Both Novak and Rafa are playing such aggressive tennis and while a lot of the rallies are long, they're certainly not laborious. Breathtaking stuff so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If Djokovic can maintain this ,he will win in 4 sets.
    Nadal is looking very ragged now ,he cant handle Djokovics aggressive play .

never count out either man at any point. it's pointless trying to predict anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Come on Rafa

If Djokovic can maintain this ,he will win in 4 sets.
    Nadal is looking very ragged now ,he cant handle Djokovics aggressive play .

I agree but I don't think he'll maintain it for the rest of the game, when these two play there's big shifts in momentum a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Nadal desperately needed that.

Nadal just doesn't get enough free points off serve

Fed was the master of coming up with ginormous serves under the cosh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I agree but I don't think he'll maintain it for the rest of the game, when these two play there's big shifts in momentum a lot

True,he usually plays in bursts ,he will drop off again.

• Advertisement

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Can't understand this. You do realise every single shot can't be angular ridiculousness. Both Novak and Rafa are playing such aggressive tennis and while a lot of the rallies are long, they're certainly not laborious. Breathtaking stuff so far.

I don't want 54 outstanding shots...but numbers don't make rallies, shot making does, but I'm not going to argue on what you enjoy versus myself. :)

Advertisement