Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Squeaky bum time for Vika. Can she hold?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Gerry91 wrote: »
    There's been some cracking best of 5's

Djokovic/Del Potro Wimbledon, Nadal/Djok, Murray/ Djok AO last year, Tsonga Fed AO, Wawrinka Djok AO and US, Nadal/Delpo Wimbledon few years back, and so on, best of 3 would be a travesty and will thankfully never happen

Are you talking about the final? It was a travesty of a match. They played one set of half decent tennis, the rest of it was them taking turns to flop. Murray vs Djokovic that year was Murray playing well for a while and then ****ting himself and allowing Djokovic back into it.

Yes there are some 5 set matches that are a genuine contest but there seems to be this illusion that quantity equals quality and that's just not the case.

This match right now is going to be over in 2 and it's still a better quality match than last years 3 set final.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Serena to serve it out with three aces :pac:

Serena to serve it out with three aces :pac:

4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Are you talking about the final? It was a travesty of a match. They played one set of half decent tennis, the rest of it was them taking turns to flop. Murray vs Djokovic that year was Murray playing well for a while and then ****ting himself and allowing Djokovic back into it.

Yes there are some 5 set matches that are a genuine contest but there seems to be this illusion that quantity equals quality and that's just not the case.

This match right now is going to be over in 2 and it's still a better quality match than last years 3 set final.

They're just 2 examples I've used you could nearly find a cracking five setter in every slam. Lot of people loved those two matches

Matches to-ing and fro-ing is all part of grand slam tennis. Best of 5 really is the ultimate test, endurance, consistency etc.

Best of 3 and I'd stop watching tennis

• Advertisement

Serena serving for the title.

Gerry91 wrote: »
    They're just 2 examples I've used you could nearly find a cracking five setter in every slam. Lot of people loved those two matches

Matches to-ing and fro-ing is all part of grand slam tennis. Best of 5 really is the ultimate test, endurance, consistency etc.

Best of 3 and I'd stop watching tennis

I think you'd find plenty of people would tell you that Nadal/Djokovic final was a train wreck. Each to their own I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

I think you'd find plenty of people would tell you that Nadal/Djokovic final was a train wreck. Each to their own I suppose.

Fine forget that game. Put in Federer Tsonga Wimbledon instead if you want

I could name loads of examples but can't be arsed

Oh, Vika broke her.

Interesting!

I'd love to punch Moratglouwhatshisname right in the face!

• Advertisement

I'd love to punch Moratglouwhatshisname right in the face!

Just call him Paddy.:pac:

Another BP for Vika

Tiebreak! Serena is really struggling to serve it out.

Never seen Serena so chokey. Vika returning so well those two games though.

How many COME ONs is that now?:pac:

Serena just laid an egg after she saved those SP's.

3rd set!! Vika deserved it imo. Can't remember that last time Serena failed to serve it out twice.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

RosyLily wrote: »
    3rd set!! Vika deserved it imo. Can't remember that last time Serena failed to serve it out twice.
    Was just thinking the same. Unbelievable!

Serena very annoyed after that set. Smashed racqet into the court, threw it at her chair too. She doesn't play well when she's emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Who says womens game is boring? :P

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Who says womens game is boring? :P

Remember that tomorrow night when we're watching 5 hours of Nadal picking his knickers out of his bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

This could be the match right here.

Serena's fastest serve in that last game is faster than Nadal's.

Serena serving for the title. Again

Championship points

• Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I miss Henin, Hingis, Graf etc.

artists.

watching Serena hit through everyone is redundant. the only excitement comes when she's not winning.

for instance, Bartoli at Wimbledon this year is the most memorable moment in women's tennis in years.

I won't remember this on Thursday.

She's done it!

Finally!!

What a shame Vika threw it away in that set. Ah well. She'll definitely win here someday though.

Vika will definitely have her moment at Flushing. She's just gotta wait another bit longer.:)

• Advertisement

3rd set was a bit of an anticlimax but the first two sets were top class tennis. Best women's final in quite some time.

Advertisement