Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Well done Serena!!! An excellent win. I've never seen such a passionate and emotional display after she won a major. Great to see how much it means to her.

It's fitting if not unusual that the best womens match of the tournament came in the final.

Vika gave a tremendous display in the first two sets. It just wasn't to be tonight.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Vika doesn't give a sh*t about the extra $250,000 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

This match right now is going to be over in 2 and it's still a better quality match than last years 3 set final.

Eh...you were saying? :D:D
    Who said matches that go the distance are boring? :P:P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Lot of respect for Vika after that. She seems to be the only one who actually believes she can beat Serena when she plays her and it shows on the court.

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Eh...you were saying? :D:D
    Who said matches that go the distance are boring? :P:P

Come on! :D

Did anyone see Serena choking twice while serving for it? I thought it was over and if it had been it was still better than last years 3 setter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just popped in to say how much I enjoyed that match. The women's side especially didn't have a great US Open this year but this match made up for a lot of it.

Still thinking about that damn lob in the second to last game by Serena which caught the baseline. What a fúcking shot!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I always feel kinda sad at the end of the last slam, meaning another season is almost drawing to a close. Biggest tournaments left are Tokyo, Beijing and then Istanbul. I don't think we'll be seeing Serena again until Istanbul though. Love to see Sharapova back before the end of the season but it's not looking likely.

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Anabel Croft annoys the hell out of me. Don't really know why :p

Serena meeting her match here as I expected
    Aww I like Annabel. Very easy on the eye too :o
    4 :D
    ... I wasn't saying that she needed just three aces to serve it out, rather I thought she'd serve it out and win the match with three aces in her service game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Who we fancy 2night??

... I wasn't saying that she needed just three aces to serve it out, rather I thought she'd serve it out and win the match with three aces in her service game.

I know, I was just suggesting she'd do it with 4 aces. We were both wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Shane St. wrote: »
    Who we fancy 2night??

Nadal in 4 set

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sin1981

Anyone know of a website where I can watch the match tonight live??? A pay-per-view type site maybe??

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sin1981 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a website where I can watch the match tonight live??? A pay-per-view type site maybe??

thanks.

Paddy Power or bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Almost showtime.

Don't think I'll be able to stay awake for the entire match. Probably check the score around 1.30am or 2.:p

Woud prefer Rafa to win, but not all that fussed, just as long as it's a good match.

I love these awkward, not at all pointless pre-match interviews :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Djokovic playing very poor tennis so far.
    His groundstrokes are far too shallow and too central.
    He is going to have to be alot more aggressive to win tonight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Nadal showing no mercy. Relentless stuff, this could be a quick match if it continues in this vein

Djokovic playing very poor tennis so far.
    His groundstrokes are far too shallow and too central.
    He is going to have to be alot more aggressive to win tonight .

He's been poor over the two weeks

He's not a patch on what he was in 2011. AO brings out the best in him now, that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Gerry91 wrote: »
    He's been poor over the two weeks

He's not a patch on what he was in 2011. AO brings out the best in him now, that's about it

He seems to be playing very conservatively ,his groundstrokes seem to have no penetration and alot of them are landing in the service box.

Looks like we won't be seeing any time violation warnings then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm a big fan of Rafa, but that was a pisstake the amount of time he took at that changeover.

He seems to be playing very conservatively ,his groundstrokes seem to have no penetration and alot of them are landing in the service box.

Too many forehand errors aswell

Rafa is basically unbeatable like this though. Djok is really hanging on, this has potential to get ugly for him

anyone writing off Djokovic at all is a nutcase.

At the speed they're playing today, we could all be in bed asleep by 1am.:)

There's always one idiot that has to shout!!:mad:

SlickRic wrote: »
    anyone writing off Djokovic at all is a nutcase.

I dunno he's had a poor two weeks in general and is being schooled out here so far

He might break here but Rafa will be all over his next serve. Djok needs win this set to have any chance at all

According to a tennis reporter on Twitter, Nadal is 37-1 at US Open, when he's won the first set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

RosyLily wrote: »
    There's always one idiot that has to shout!!:mad:

US Open crowd usually has plenty of idiots in it.

Oh, they're kicking the heckler out??

• Advertisement

Djoko really is looking terrible though.

Advertisement