Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Been playing around a bit with a new deck and it's surprisingly fun; Warrior Dragon Pirate deck that Kripp created.

Usually you can keep control on the board well enough and then simply grind them down over time; if you got the cards do give it a spin as it's not another C'Thun warrior deck :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And I'm officially done with gathering Old Gods cards (crafted the last set of cards today, still miss a few epic secondary copies but since I don't use them I don't care :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Anyone heading to the Fireside Gathering next week in Dublin? Its on as part of the G-Series weekend in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel. Had a ticket for the bigger tournament last series but it was cancelled due to low numbers signing up. This one is a casual tournament so hopefully it picks back up the Irish Hearthstone tournament scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Anyone heading to the Fireside Gathering next week in Dublin? Its on as part of the G-Series weekend in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel. Had a ticket for the bigger tournament last series but it was cancelled due to low numbers signing up. This one is a casual tournament so hopefully it picks back up the Irish Hearthstone tournament scene.

Naww that event is septic on oh so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I've been a few times as a spectator and haven't had any problems with it, if things like kids running around in cosplay or whatever makes you cringe I can see how it would annoy you but I'm too old to give a **** about things like that. They're having fun and I play a kids card game, there's no high ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Another one on in Limerick the week after:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1786821134892351/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

*blows dust of the thread*
    Major nerfs coming up for Shaman, Warrior, Hunter and anyone playing Yogg; details are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Cheers. Just had a read can't really complain and I play a bit of shaman and warrior myself. I presume the charge change is to get around the OTK Worgen? If so I'm happy about that!

Woden wrote: »
    Cheers. Just had a read can't really complain and I play a bit of shaman and warrior myself. I presume the charge change is to get around the OTK Worgen? If so I'm happy about that!
    I'd say OTK Worgen and potential future decks like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Tad disappointed in the Yogg nerf, I love Yogg... but it could still be in Tempo Mage and certain Druid decks as a last chance kind of thing. However, I think all of them are definitely able to be worked around. This will end the OTK Warrior deck though.

Tad disappointed in the Yogg nerf, I love Yogg... but it could still be in Tempo Mage and certain Druid decks as a last chance kind of thing. However, I think all of them are definitely able to be worked around. This will end the OTK Warrior deck though.
    It ruined quite a few professional tournaments though; basically every match (3 to 5 games) you'd have at least one if not two or three Yoggs who decided by pure random chance who'd win or lose the set. I think a better approach would be to cap Yogg at let's say 5 spells (10+ is seen as ideal for board clearing potential); still potent but not THAT much RNG included.

Nody wrote: »
    It ruined quite a few professional tournaments though; basically every match (3 to 5 games) you'd have at least one if not two or three Yoggs who decided by pure random chance who'd win or lose the set. I think a better approach would be to cap Yogg at let's say 5 spells (10+ is seen as ideal for board clearing potential); still potent but not THAT much RNG included.

When I watched though, the Yogg card was still desperation. Most players were playing it as a last chance and would actually hold it if they felt there was a way to play without it. I loved the style of the card and since it will eventually not be in the decks as things are weeded out through time and expansions, I think it is no different than when you had the Patron Warrior ruling the day. I understand why they are doing it, but I still think it was a desperation play for most pro-players any ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hah my yogg just killed a Jaraxxus with sacrifical pact did not know that could happen!

I quickly went through the expansion & two adventures to get an idea of what's going to rotate out in 2017 and what decks will be impact; it's quite an uneven split. Note I may have missed something but I aimed quickly to get the really unique / class defining cards used in today's meta.

Druid
    Raven idol (LoE)
    Living Roots (GT)
    Mulch (GT)

Druids lose their main way to deal with a random big creature and lose early game pace; will impact all decks esp. with Emperor rotating out as well.

Hunter
    Quickshot (Blackrock)

Lose a 3 damage spell but that's not going to be a huge deal to be honest; lose a few other minions such as Huge Toad, King Elekk, Ram Wrangler etc. but nothing unique that's unlikely to be hard to replace.

Mage
    Flamewaker (Blackrock)
    Forgotten Torch (LoE)

Between losing Torch, Emperor and Flamewaker the temp/freeze mage decks obviously going to harder to pull off. The replacement damage spells are unlikely to be as strong or help with the one/two turn kills while losing Flamewaker will make board control a bit harder (even though it's been rotated out partially lately).

Paladin
    Solemn Vigil (Blackrock)
    Keeper of Uldaman (LoE)
    Anyfin Can Happen (LoE)
    Murloc Knight (GT)

Well that's the death to the Murloc Paladin basically; losing KoU means a bit worse board control but it's no longer critical as it used to be and Solemn Vigil means need alternative card draw.

Priest
    Ressurect (Blackrock)
    Entomb (LoE)
    Excavated Evil (LoE)
    Flash heal (GT)

Priests where not exactly in the best of places to start with and losing out Ressurect will lose them one deck type already, losing Entomb and Excavated Evil means they are down to their Power spells and Holy Nova again while Flash heal was a cheap heal / damage utility card. I hope Priests get a significant power jump in this expansion because they need it desperately.

Shaman
    Tunnel Trogg (LoE)
    Totem Golem (GT)
    Elemental Destruction (GT)

Shamans lose their early aggro combo but I still think face shaman can be a thing (depending on what comes out) with a few replacements. Elemental Destruction means they lose their "reset everything" card but it was not that commonly played in control shaman anyway.

Rogue
    That's right; Rogue lose no key card though things such as the Tomb Pillager will hurt it was not required to make things work.

Warlock
    Imp Gang Boss (Blackrock)

While the Imp Gang Boss was unparalleled good it's not going to cripple any deck; you could make a case for the dark peddler which is a good card but for Warlock decks I don't see it having any major impact per say as there are plenty of competition at the 2 / 3 mana slot in Warlock decks.

Warrior
    Nothing Warrior unique per say but losing Justicar will definitely hurt the control warrior decks.

General
    Emperor Thaurissan (Blackrock)
    Dragon decks (Blackrock)
    Sir Finley (LoE)
    Reno Jackson (LoE)
    Elise Starseeker (LoE)
    Justicar Trueheart (GT, Warrior, Priest)

With this rotation we'll also see the death of basically any Dragon deck (far to many key cards in Blackrock) and of course Reno decks. Elise will also hurt Control Warriors the most but it was mainly used in control vs. control anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Woden wrote: »
    Hah my yogg just killed a Jaraxxus with sacrifical pact did not know that could happen!

Trying it on Malchezzar in the Karazhan adventure causes it to whiff, then he says "THAT WOULD NEVER WORK ON A TRUE EREDAR LORD!"

For those that missed the announcement at Blizzcon the new expansion feature will be shared class cards; there will be three gangs who'll have cards usable by three classes (always the same three classes). They also showed the mage/priest/warlock legendary which creates a unique spell (first select mana cost of 1/5/10, then one effect of three, then a second effect of three, suppose to be over 100 combinations) meaning you never can know what's the special spell will be.

Mean Streets of Gadgetzen = December 1st... Enjoy the WACKY meta until cards begin rotating out in 2017

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Opened 50 packs of MSG from my gold,

4 Legendary
    -Finja, The Flying Star
    -Don Han'Cho (GOLDEN)
    -Auctionmaster Beardo
    -Kazakus

12 Epics (No Golden)
    61 Rare (5 Golden)
    3 Golden Common

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

opened 35 so far got the useless warlock legendary krul and the warrior weapon one hobart which might be ok/good.

• Advertisement

130 packs; 6 legendary of which TWO were duplicates (so 4 actual legendary cards) and the duplicates were of cards highly unlikely to be changed (Mage and Warlock). Think I got all common and rare so far; epic and legendary being the once dragging their feet as always.

Another 15 packs and another legendary - Finja again.

Going to build an updated Dragon Priest for ladder tomorrow. Crafted 2 x Dragonfire Portions ;D

Anyone know if there is a live stream of the EU Winter Qualifers today?

Anyone know if there is a live stream of the EU Winter Qualifers today?
    There is on twitch; I'm sitting in it waiting for it to start atm :P

Just dusted all wild non-commons 😭

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why?

I've only spent dust once ever. Dr boom. Prob have 30 or 40k Haha. Ivkinda like not having every card and experimenting

Have there been any Fireside Gatherings in Dublin? Or Ireland in general?
    It sounds like it could be a fun time. Help each other out and such, and just have some fun. Anyone know?

For those who've not seen it there are 6 classic cards moving to Wild only inc. Ragnaros, Sylvanas and Azure drake! Also this year there will be no adventures but THREE expansions...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

No adventures?? They're the best part of hearthstone. Blizzard won't be getting any money off me this year so. Shame :(

• Advertisement

Only a tip picked up on Hearthpwn; type in the search box "extra" and you find all cards that you got more than two of (be it one or two gold and normal etc.). Helps find those cards the normal disenchanter can't find (since it considers the base two normal and two gold cards rather than simply two cards).

Advertisement