Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I hate Priests.

That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I hate Priests.

That's all.

That's so last month; mages are where the broken is.

Sheeping and freezing is infuriating, but even though it's been bumped up to 10 mana, Mind Control still destroys you as soon as it gets to late game.

Have been playing a Warlock mostly but it's just not viable when almost every single game has you up against a Priest.

Sheeping and freezing is infuriating, but even though it's been bumped up to 10 mana, Mind Control still destroys you as soon as it gets to late game.

Have been playing a Warlock mostly but it's just not viable when almost every single game has you up against a Priest.

Mage problems aren't really related to polymorph more so all the freezes, ice block and pyroblast. And it's very frustrating to play against as all you can do is sit there and watch it happen.

For your warlock maybe shift the mana curve of your deck more towards creatures that cost 2 or 3 so that you can take board control early and not have to rely on big creatures at the end that priests can mind control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Agree about Mages, the deck is so easy to play as well, theres tonnes of them out there.

As for Priests, 4 atk power drops are your friend. They cant deal with them for removals. By the time they have 10 Mana(for MC) you will hopefully have all but won the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aaaaand I got a beta key... To bad I've already been in beta for a month :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nody wrote: »

Tell me you still have it.......

Anyone getting an insane amount of mid-game disconnects?

Anyone getting an insane amount of mid-game disconnects?

I wasn't on last night but it's very bad in general. Really needs to be their number one priority to sort out.

Seifer wrote: »
    I wasn't on last night but it's very bad in general. Really needs to be their number one priority to sort out.

I disagree their number one priority is to give me a key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you have a key you don't need, be a sport and give it to a friend in need! :) I'm willing to rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock anybody else who wants it too.

So my arena is permanently bugged as per here: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/the-arena/2949-arena-perma-bugged-unable-to-start-a-new

The game dropped in my last loss so I alt-tabbed to check if it was my connection or Hearthstone (it was HS). When I tabbed back in the graphics were completely messed up so I couldn't open the arena rewards. Restarted the client, graphics are fine but now whenever I go into arena I'm taken to the rewards screen.

Yay beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Rewards for all!

Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Finally got into the beta and I think that this game may be even better than I was expecting it to be.

For anyone that's still waiting for a key, you shouldn't be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A lot of people are reporting still looking for a key. I want one. :)

Been signed up for months and still no key

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

VinLieger wrote: »
    Been signed up for months and still no key

Checked your details are correct? I signed up a week ago and got my key the other day.

Checked your details are correct? I signed up a week ago and got my key the other day.

Pretty sure, have the blizz launcher now and everything still no key though

I'm enjoying this. I like the fact that they are patching it regularly and making decks is fun. But like many card games, there seems to be too many powerful cards that have low cost. Things like rogue sap only costing 2 mana is ridiculous. You can cast that twice in the same turn for a measly 4 mana and then just wipe out your opponents hero with your army. I'm guessing that will get looked at fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this. I like the fact that they are patching it regularly and making decks is fun. But like many card games, there seems to be too many powerful cards that have low cost. Things like rogue sap only costing 2 mana is ridiculous. You can cast that twice in the same turn for a measly 4 mana and then just wipe out your opponents hero with your army. I'm guessing that will get looked at fairly soon.
    Sap is far from op; for 2 mana you're not even killing the creature so it can be played again next turn (it's actually considered quite bad in general); If you want to see OP look at a murlock warlock rush deck :P

The thing is though that no matter what you nerf there will be a few decks that are "best" and the counters to them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sap is far from op; for 2 mana you're not even killing the creature so it can be played again next turn (it's actually considered quite bad in general); If you want to see OP look at a murlock warlock rush deck :P

The thing is though that no matter what you nerf there will be a few decks that are "best" and the counters to them.

3pwiy.gif

3pwiy.gif
    Pretty much my reaction at times going up against such a deck :P

You aren't killing the creature but you are removing it from the field.

For example, lets say we have a few creatures out each and one of mine is a 5 cost, high HP taunt unit. For the cost of only 2 mana, you can nullify my expensive card, and win the game in a single turn by bursting down my hero. For 2 mana. It's a powerful card and nearly all rogues run it that I've played. Granted, I amnt at the top of the ladder yet but I've had it used against me so often I feel it's too inexpensive a card.

I have only properly been playing for a few days but I actually went from rank 25 to 17 in a single night. Massive win streak.

I don't have a lot of cards yet but I built myself a paladin deck and it's working very well for me. Most low cost cards and low cost buffs. I even got lucky and got a cool Alextrasza legendary to throw in for some top end damage. It's pretty cool.

Is rank in arena only? Can't see any mgmt in normal mode? In ranked do you get to pick your race?

Finally beat a merloc rush with my mage, I unpacked blizzard from a pack luckily right before the match, so I froze the field twice, then blizzard, killed all his army of merlocs and he rebuilt it and I flamestrikef, he just gged

I wish it would show me my win/loss, not just my wins. However I am winning the majority now, whereas a few days ago when I started I definitely was not! Must give arena a whirl now. Was debating whether to just buy packs or to go into arena.

Go to arena. Even after three loses, I've still always got a pack so if you can do better than that you can wrack up the coins and cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I wish it would show me my win/loss, not just my wins. However I am winning the majority now, whereas a few days ago when I started I definitely was not! Must give arena a whirl now. Was debating whether to just buy packs or to go into arena.

Arena will give you at least 1 pack, so I would suggest doing that, its a different style of game from constructed. If its your first Arena you get it free also.

By the way, there a lot of hidden quests/achievements to earn gold starting off, they are listed here:

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Pretty much my reaction at times going up against such a deck :P

I've beating the deck a few times with my Shaman Totally Totems deck(lots of totems + 2 health buff cards). Every time he plaid a creature i went straight for it while he went for my face. He got me to 15 hp but he had nothing on the field and only 1 or 2 cards while i had my buffed mana-tide and flametongue and nearly a full hand. Needless to say, he died a horrible death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Quick question to save me running through this thread but do I/will I need to start paying for cards eventually?

Advertisement