Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

New Adventure mode has been announced, and it's Blackrock Mountain!

Now with musical number:

Presumably this is Melted, the sequel to Frozen.

- April release, same weekly schedule as Naxx
    - 31 new cards
    - Five wings, no free one this time
    - Cardbacks for Heroic completion and a different one for pre-ordering
    New Cards: Blackrock Mountain contains 5 wings populated by a slew of fiendishly clever bosses, each with their own hero power and unique new cards. When you defeat a boss for the first time, you will earn two copies of a brand-new card for your collection!

Legendary: When you clear a wing for the first time, you will be rewarded with that wing’s legendary card – for example, the cruel leader of the mountain’s orcish inhabitants: Rend Blackhand!

Class Challenges: On top of the regular bosses, Blackrock Mountain also includes nine all-new class challenges. Class challenges pit you against a specific boss using a custom, pre-set deck designed to test your skill with the class in question. Succeed, and two copies of a new class card are yours.

New Game Board: SO SHINY!

Dragons: As one would expect, Blackrock Mountain is home to a variety of dragons. Prepare to see a lot more of these scaly, fire-breathing, adventurer-crunching creatures as you brave the mountain!

Orcs, Dwarves, and Elementals, Oh My: Aside from dragons, there are plenty of other minions fighting on either side of the conflict: Dark Iron dwarves, fiery elementals, and the Blackrock orcs (who already had that name before it was cool).

Heroic Mode: If you like a challenge, you can try taking on the Heroic Mode version of any mission that you’ve cleared. This extra-difficult game mode is designed for players who don’t mind taking on ridiculously unfair and overpowered opponents. Bring your best deck and plenty of patience. You’ll need it!

The PAX panel segment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I just got my fifth Shadowbomber. I am still missing having at least one copy of 19 of the 26 GvG epics.

It's the the reason I will never spend money on this game. The fact you could spend €50 and get complete garbage in every pack would piss me off too much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Seifer wrote: »
    I just got my fifth Shadowbomber. I am still missing having at least one copy of 19 of the 26 GvG epics.

It's the the reason I will never spend money on this game. The fact you could spend €50 and get complete garbage in every pack would piss me off too much.
    I've bought probably around 300 GvG packs and I still miss 2 legendaries and 2 epics. I could have them all easily if I decided to craft them but I'm holding out for the first GvG nerf before I start dusting. As a reference you need around 250 packs (inc. dusting duplicates) to get all the cards in GvG so it's far from impossible.

Also that expansion is so going to be preordered; I love me a dragon deck (3/5 for 3? 5/6 for 4!)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Apart from an initial few packs at the start of an expansion you mainly buy packs for dust later on if you're too lazy to grind it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm just a collector and hoarder, like 10k dust yet never crafting cards or buying anything, just making random constructed decks, I love it and the card collecting chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

nesf wrote: »
    Apart from an initial few packs at the start of an expansion you mainly buy packs for dust later on if you're too lazy to grind it out.

Yeah but I only have at least one copy of 7 of the 26 GvG epics so it's not like I'm missing only one or two. Even if I disenchanted my 3 extra copies of Shadowbomber I wouldn't have enough to craft a useful epic. I have 3440 dust + 1580 more in duplicate cards so I could if I wanted to I'm just venting about really shítty RNG luck :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I pened like 300 normal packs and didnt get 1 giant, these things happen, sucks.
    50 packs of gvg and 9 epics but they are all ****e :p

I remember when the only epic I would get was brawl over and over :D

Yeah but I only have at least one copy of 7 of the 26 GvG epics so it's not like I'm missing only one or two. Even if I disenchanted my 3 extra copies of Shadowbomber I wouldn't have enough to craft a useful epic. I have 3440 dust + 1580 more in duplicate cards so I could if I wanted to I'm just venting about really shítty RNG luck :mad:

RNG is a bitch. It's the coupon collector problem (google it if you're curious). You'll get the first half of the epics really fast but it gets progressively longer (i.e. more packs between) each epic pair you complete until you're left with an ungodly grind. Fortunately you can dust duplicate cards so this problem isn't as bad as it could be (especially for epics that aren't too bad to craft). Thus, fairly quickly into your pack buying you're buying dust not new cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Why do people say "Sorry" when they are about to win a game of Hearthstone? I seriously doubt they are shedding a tear for winning the game, so why say it? It's annoying and stupid and I wish people would stop. Similarly, I would like people to stop using "well Played" as a way of saying "I'm going to kill you now and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it". Early on in the life of the game, "Well Played" was a way of saying "Good Game" but now it's used more as a taunt.

It's getting to the stage now where I want to squelch an opponent when the game starts!

I appreciate them saying that when they clearly had a very good run of luck in their last three draws or similar when top decking. Or top decking Flamestrike to kill off lethal next turn etc. RNGesus etc.

Sometimes it can be used in a mocking way though, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Why do people say "Sorry" when they are about to win a game of Hearthstone? I seriously doubt they are shedding a tear for winning the game, so why say it? It's annoying and stupid and I wish people would stop. Similarly, I would like people to stop using "well Played" as a way of saying "I'm going to kill you now and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it". Early on in the life of the game, "Well Played" was a way of saying "Good Game" but now it's used more as a taunt.

It's getting to the stage now where I want to squelch an opponent when the game starts!
    I'll usually drop a sorry in one of two scenarios.

1) I top decked the killing card (i.e. empty board and hand and you top deck the fireball for example)
    2) My opponent is one turn away from killing me (i.e. he gets me down to 1 health and I can turn around and kill him)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Yup I agree with you guys on the sorry thing. Sometimes you do feel like you owe an apology for being so lucky. What I find hilarious though are the people who use Threaten and Mistake to act high and mighty, like they own you. I usually just say Thank You and then proceed to whoop them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant believe i started this thread but have not played the game yet lol.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Yup I agree with you guys on the sorry thing. Sometimes you do feel like you owe an apology for being so lucky. What I find hilarious though are the people who use Threaten and Mistake to act high and mighty, like they own you. I usually just say Thank You and then proceed to whoop them.
    I'll use Mistake when I make one (as a way to show yea, I screwed up and I know it) but threaten is only used turn 2 as Priest healing my opponent (The light shall burn you!).

The people that say "thank you" are the ones that annoy me, in the middle of the game they will try and call your move stupid by saying thank you. i say nothing until I win and then say thank you. :p

Also people only say well played usually when they have the exact perfect counter in hand. :D

Also people only say well played usually when they have the exact perfect counter in hand. :D
    Usually; I've seen someone try to bluff me to quit doing it. Draw a card, Well played (both of us being relatively low health but I had board and he did not), I wait, goes Well played again, I wait, he quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone had any kind of success trying to put together a pirate deck? Been trying it with Rogue and Warrior because of the weapon bonuses but can't seem to get enough damage output.

Anyone had any kind of success trying to put together a pirate deck? Been trying it with Rogue and Warrior because of the weapon bonuses but can't seem to get enough damage output.
    Nope; I've played against half decent version but the synergies are not there (to low health on the minions and not enough cross buffing ala Murlocs).

Found a new love for a hunter deathrattle deck; want to really piss of your opponent? Try Baron Riverdale with two Dr Boom bombs and play feign death :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

re653j u46w uy
    wetgerqyeat

I get the point you are making Susan but I fundamentally disagree with you. Perhaps you could elaborate the point you make in paragraph 2 as I feel that deserves further study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

wetgerqyeat

That's the kind of thing Jeremy Clarkson would say. Can't believe the mods are letting you getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

ah...whut?

Second adventure is now up for pre-sale; 31 cards inc. 5 legendaries (but at least the one presented is meh at best) to be earned along with two card backs (3 if you advance order) and cash only this time (€21.99 I think it was).

Also Feign Death hunter is my new favorite troll deck (Baron on table played with Dr OP combined with FD is always fun :P)

presale cash only but cheapos like me can use gold at the time, I've never even looked at all the cardbacks I got, really dont care about them!

presale cash only but cheapos like me can use gold at the time, I've never even looked at all the cardbacks I got, really dont care about them!
    I always found the gold ratio poor so I'd end up buying it cash anyway so might as well grab another cardback (I'm currently running the Pumpkin back from last year's halloween!) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Sitting on 1500. Should come in handy :P

Btw if you ever wanted a rush deck but hate hunters & Murlocs this one is for you; Savjz plays it at rank 50 :)

2x Wisp
    2x Blessing of Might
    2x Abusive Sergeant
    2x Argent Squire
    2x Lepper Gnome
    2x Annoy-o-Tron
    2x Echoing Ooze
    2x Haunted Creeper
    1x Ironbeak Owl
    2x KNife Juggler
    2x Coghammer
    2x Divine Favor
    2x Hobgoblin
    1x King Mukla
    2x Truesilver Champion
    2x Jeeves

On a separate topic but am I the only one who's really feeling the squeeze on number of deck slots? I always have 9 and need to delete decks I want to keep to play something new :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The technology just isn't there >_>

They've said they don't want to make the interface "confusing" by having more than ten deckslots, which is ironic because the more expansions they add to the game without adding more basic cards or giving new players some sort of "starters pack" for cheap, the less new people are going to be playing it!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    because the more expansions they add to the game without adding more basic cards or giving new players some sort of "starters pack" for cheap, the less new people are going to be playing it!
    I'd expect that it will come sooner rather then later; or some sort of basic/rare only packs on the cheap which could cover all common/rare for all expansions or similar; heck I could even see them sell "deck bundles" of common deck types (i.e. pay X and get a fully functional deck).

Also been taking the above deck for a spin; I've killed a control paladin, control warrior (turn 5) and a Handlock (he died with 12 cards left; I had zero which shows the power of cycling the deck has).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

I face huntered my way to rank 4 and then it seems to run out of steam as there are too many decks set up to counter aggro. I'm now switching between 2 variants of mech mage and tempo mage with the tempo variant being my favourite by far.

One last push and hopefully I can get to legend before the end of the season. After that I'm just going to try and get better at Arena. I have the vast majority of the GvG cards but because I started after the release of Nax Im missing some very important regular cards so at the moment it makes more sense for me to buy regular packs than play arena

Advertisement