Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Seifer wrote: »
    I had an opponent play Leeroy and my Knife Juggler killed him before he could attack :pac:

Excellent, I love when stuff like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Seifer wrote: »
    I had an opponent play Leeroy and my Knife Juggler killed him before he could attack :pac:

One of the top 5 videos here has that: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZtQI7j2Yu4yCmDe8fuLWCA (was it you? :P)

They're amusing watching, the Alexstrasa + Eye for an Eye one was highly entertaining.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's finally happened, not the best but can be made use of in some decks all right. All that matters is I got one :P
    First defender too.

nbRieiZ.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mukla is good; at 3 mana he can be used in most decks but due to his ability he can also have secondary benefits at the right time (for example playing when the opponents hand is full = cards get destroyed can be combined with naturalise's draw ability). As all legendaries there are also downsides to him but he's far from useless :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I was thinking he would be good with a murloc rush, with rogue, hunters as it's a beast too, so he could have charge. At least bananas cost mana so you force them to use mana to trade straight away or be ad board disadvantage, hopefully he doesn't get removed. I imagine he is best on an empty board.

I like this idea of naturalise. Mukla into naturalizex2 and coldlight oracle to give them 8 cards haha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I like this idea of naturalise. Mukla into naturalizex2 and coldlight oracle to give them 8 cards haha.
    Yea; empty enemy board is pretty much mandatory to play him to avoid the existing creatures get buffed next turn and takes him out basically.

Yeah I was thinking he would be good with a murloc rush, with rogue, hunters as it's a beast too, so he could have charge. At least bananas cost mana so you force them to use mana to trade straight away or be ad board disadvantage, hopefully he doesn't get removed. I imagine he is best on an empty board.

You see him in "board control" lists where they can expect an empty enemy board a fair bit in the early part of the game.

nesf wrote: »
    You see him in "board control" lists where they can expect an empty enemy board a fair bit in the early part of the game.
    I just played him on turn 1 as a druid on a Hunter; he was not happy with me :pac:

Nody wrote: »
    I just played him on turn 1 as a druid on a Hunter; he was not happy with me :pac:

:P

Level one venture co, level one yeti and now level one mukla are my favourites :D

• Advertisement

So just playing a friends priest on my lock and turn 4 he plays mind games and summons Jaraxxas onto the board as a 3/15. Then later in the game he plays mind vision, grabs Jaraxxas again and plays him. The turn after I play my own Jaraxxas. It was absolutely hilarious. I ended the game with Hellfire killing us both on 3 hp. Seemed like the right conclusion!! :pac:

Faced a rather odd Druid deck tonight in a mirror. Deathwing + Ysera? I was over-committed to the board after Ysera because I used a Keeper to silence her and had various small bodies left over from previous fights so Deathwing hurt. I was in a bad card position, I'd been forced to play Nat onto an empty board in front of an Innervated Yeti because I was taking too much early damage and drawing poorly and needed to buy a turn to start getting taunts out to stabilise. It was a close one for most of it, I drew better towards the end and seemed to have the better endgame but still, close.

Faced a rather odd Druid deck tonight in a mirror. Deathwing + Ysera? I was over-committed to the board after Ysera because I used a Keeper to silence her and had various small bodies left over from previous fights so Deathwing hurt. I was in a bad card position, I'd been forced to play Nat onto an empty board in front of an Innervated Yeti because I was taking too much early damage and drawing poorly and needed to buy a turn to start getting taunts out to stabilise. It was a close one for most of it, I drew better towards the end and seemed to have the better endgame but still, close.

Haven't come across any druids running Deathwing before. What rank are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How useful is Ysera? Got her as my first Legendary from a pack a couple of days ago but haven't really used her since then.

Pretty awesome lategame, if she draws any cards at all it's devastating, she will always draw one and they are really great.

How useful is Ysera? Got her as my first Legendary from a pack a couple of days ago but haven't really used her since then.
    Only among the best legendaries in the game and pretty much auto include in most non rush decks (4/12 is good but her dream cards is what you REALLY want and your opponent will do everything they can to stop it)

Big Knox wrote: »
    Haven't come across any druids running Deathwing before. What rank are you?

I was 12 in that match I think. So still plenty of odd decks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was fiddling around with the Priest there (to swap those around for a change.. hyooooo).

This is the deck I've built:

Spells:
    Shadow Word Pain x2
    Shadow Word Death x 2
    Power Word Shield x 2
    Holy Nova x 2
    Holy Smite x 2
    Divine Spirit x 1

Minions:
    Goldshire Footman x 1
    Lightwarden x 1
    Northshire Cleric x 2
    Novice Engineer x 2
    Swamp Ooze x 2
    Wild Pyromancer x 1
    Ironfur Grizzly x 1
    Gnomish Inventor x 1
    Dark Iron Dwarf x 1
    Lightspawn x 1
    Senjin Shieldmasta x 1
    Darkscale Healer x 1
    Gurubashi Berserker x 2
    Lord of the Arena x 1
    Temple Enforcer x 1

Basically I try to work in combos with the Lightspawn and Berserker and other than that I try to keep board control with lots of taunters, healing and the holy novas.

I've managed to get from 24 to 19 with it, winning most of the games I've tried so far.
    It feels slightly coin flippy when I occasionally get no minions I can play at the start. Got rid of a knife juggler and a couple of other cards I didn't feel were giving me much value to try and help with that.

My understanding of the economy of this game just changed a bit.

I disenchanted two common cards that I got spare in a pack.

I think it says 5 dust on the disenchanting jobbie.

But when it disenchanted them i got 95. How is this calculated?

Why is there so many singles there?

• Advertisement

You get 95 for your first enchant as a bonus. :)

Why is there so many singles there?

I only have 1 lightspawn, temple enforcer, dark iron dwarf, lightwarden and pyromancer but they're all pretty fun so I threw them in.

Goldshire Footman is pretty bad, his health is too low to be pretty useful. I'd put in something a bit bigger. Drop the Ironfur Grizzly for another Sen'jin Shieldmasta he's just so much better. You don't really want the Darkscale Healer as a Priest because of your heals already, I'd put something with more punch in there instead. Solid cards:

Harvest Golem is probably the best neutral 3 drop in the game in terms of value.
    Shattered Sun Cleric is great if you're running a good few creatures because that +1/+1 means you can trade up minions (take out a 3/2 with a 1/1 for instance).

At 4 mana the Chillwind Yeti is very good if you want a solid body for midgame fighting.

At 5 mana I think the Stormpike Commando is interesting as a 2 damage spell that leaves a 4/2 body behind. Frostwolf Warlord is nice if you're running a fair few minions.

At 6 mana I'd prefer the Boulderfist Ogre over the Lord of the Arena usually. He's big enough that he has a "soft taunt," your opponent will often try to remove him as a priority and at 6/7 he rarely trades one-for-one in the lower ranks.

At 7 mana, if you want a curve topper starting out if you're running minions like you are, it's hard to go wrong with Stormwind Champion. His buff is just so good, another soft taunt.

Priest wise. You want 1 Mind Control usually and when you lack a big 8 or 9 drop in your collection (e.g. Ragnaros) you can normally get away with running two of these without messing up your mana curve too much. Very handy for when you run into people with better card collections than you at the beginning. When you unlock it later, Thoughtsteal allows for similar shenanigans and as you go up the ranks it increases in potential value (you're more likely to get good cards!).

I hope the above helps, don't take any of it as gospel truth. :)

Goldshire Footman is pretty bad, his health is too low to be pretty useful. I'd put in something a bit bigger. Drop the Ironfur Grizzly for another Sen'jin Shieldmasta he's just so much better. You don't really want the Darkscale Healer as a Priest because of your heals already, I'd put something with more punch in there instead. Solid cards:

Harvest Golem is probably the best neutral 3 drop in the game in terms of value.
    Shattered Sun Cleric is great if you're running a good few creatures because that +1/+1 means you can trade up minions (take out a 3/2 with a 1/1 for instance).

At 4 mana the Chillwind Yeti is very good if you want a solid body for midgame fighting.

At 5 mana I think the Stormpike Commando is interesting as a 2 damage spell that leaves a 4/2 body behind. Frostwolf Warlord is nice if you're running a fair few minions.

At 6 mana I'd prefer the Boulderfist Ogre over the Lord of the Arena usually. He's big enough that he has a "soft taunt," your opponent will often try to remove him as a priority and at 6/7 he rarely trades one-for-one in the lower ranks.

At 7 mana, if you want a curve topper starting out if you're running minions like you are, it's hard to go wrong with Stormwind Champion. His buff is just so good, another soft taunt.

Priest wise. You want 1 Mind Control usually and when you lack a big 8 or 9 drop in your collection (e.g. Ragnaros) you can normally get away with running two of these without messing up your mana curve too much. Very handy for when you run into people with better card collections than you at the beginning. When you unlock it later, Thoughtsteal allows for similar shenanigans and as you go up the ranks it increases in potential value (you're more likely to get good cards!).

I hope the above helps, don't take any of it as gospel truth. :)

I kinda liked having different levels of taunter.
    If I drop the grizzly and the goldshire footman then I get no taunt until 4 mana. Is that just not a big deal?

Gbear wrote: »
    If I drop the grizzly and the goldshire footman then I get no taunt until 4 mana. Is that just not a big deal?

Think about it this way. There is one turn in the game where you could play an Ironfur Grizzly and not the Shieldmasta. For the rest of the game you're dropping a 3/5 instead of a 3/3 because of having 2 x Shieldmasta. The Shieldmasta at 5 health is hard to trade one card for whereas 3 health is easy to come up with.

The Footman, well, why do you need a taunt at 1 mana? The best defense is a good offense in the very early game and late game he's negligible in impact, something like Elven Archer still functions as a 1 damage spell for 1 mana with a 1/1 body left late game which you might be able to combo with something.

It's relatively unusual to see taunts under 4 mana, there just isn't any useful ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm on my paladin playing ranked. Up against a hunter using herp-a-derp Unleash deck that everyone uses that invariably kills you.

I play this on his face.
    355.png

And out comes.....
    94.png

Instant win. I love this game sometimes. :D

Bleh the amount of cookie-cutter Hunter and Warrior decks that I'm seeing on the ladder is beginning to grate on me a bit. It's the "go for the face from the moment the first minion hits the deck" variants that I'm thinking of. There's so little variation in the decks and the games all play out the same way with very similar early turns in all of them. Either I draw my taunts/removal/whatever or I lose, simple as. I don't mind such coinflips the odd time but well over 75% of my games in the past two days have been against these two deck types. I'm almost bloody delighted when I see a warlock start putting down murlocs! :P

Bleh the amount of cookie-cutter Hunter and Warrior decks that I'm seeing on the ladder is beginning to grate on me a bit. It's the "go for the face from the moment the first minion hits the deck" variants that I'm thinking of. There's so little variation in the decks and the games all play out the same way with very similar early turns in all of them. Either I draw my taunts/removal/whatever or I lose, simple as. I don't mind such coinflips the odd time but well over 75% of my games in the past two days have been against these two deck types. I'm almost bloody delighted when I see a warlock start putting down murlocs! :P
    It's a similar problem to SC2; you're always guaranteed to play the early game but mid/late game are not. Which is why early aggro always work (you're guaranteed to play it) but you're not guaranteed to play the mid/late game.

It's a similar problem to SC2; you're always guaranteed to play the early game but mid/late game are not. Which is why early aggro always work (you're guaranteed to play it) but you're not guaranteed to play the mid/late game.

Not really, fast aggro decks in any CCG are viable but as soon as they become common everyone puts in the necessary counters and their winrates can drop quite sharply (though this usually means some other deck type becomes more prevalent because the current fast aggro counters are dead cards against it).

In SC2 it was as simple as, if your build can't survive a 4 Gate then, well, it's just a terrible build. Because you can change your build in each matchup (excluding random) there isn't the same excuse as you have in CCGs for not having the right counters. If I knew the Class of deck I played each round in Hearthstone then my life would be a lot simpler (and no one would play Hunter :P).

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »

Not a big deal at all, newer players overrate taunt. It doesn't matter if he goes for your face on turn one or two, it's letting you set up board control and better minions. Your HP is a resource, it only has to be above 0, use it to gain advantages if you can. Taunt minions have lower stats than vanilla minions so one could just remove your low level taunt minions efficiently, making a better trade. You really want to maximize the value each card gives you.

Advertisement