Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

For some reason this thread doesn't seem so silly anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Looking at today's Liverpool Man Utd game we've nothing to fear from either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Looking at today's Liverpool Man Utd game we've nothing to fear from either of them.

And looking at us today they're probably thinking the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,638 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Back to earth with a bump.

Still lots to be cheerful about. Promising signs. But top 4 will be the main objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

get rid of this thread. we'll be lucky to get 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

get rid of this thread. we'll be lucky to get 4th

Your just a bit sore cos we lost. You are not the only one. If it bothers ya dont read it, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Does the fact that after 3 games we have not scored from play bother anyone else. I know that its going to take time for the team to gel together but after the Arsenal defeat only a win against Norwich is going to get us back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Glebee wrote: »
    Does the fact that after 3 games we have not scored from play bother anyone else. I know that its going to take time for the team to gel together but after the Arsenal defeat only a win against Norwich is going to get us back on track.

Yes, we need a no 10 to get the ball to Soldado, Dembele and Siggy don't suit the job, but we have Holtby (just back from injury) and Eriksen to play in the middle from now on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I was watching united in the pub yesterday with a couple of the lads and one (a city fan) was winding the lads up by saying we were a bigger title Challenger than united. General argy bargy all round till someone asked a very good question "at what point are spurs going to be taken seriously?"

Yes, fixtures have been good to us and you couldn't possibly begin to believe that we have a chance but at what point assuming things thick along like they have been do we start to dare to dream?

I reckon its gotta be the new year before you really start to see what teams are made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

If we are top 3 on Jan 1st we are in with a shout

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

slegs wrote: »
    If we are top 3 on Jan 1st we are in with a shout

Not if we are 3rd and 15 points behind the top 2 :P

I'd take 4th now, fcuk all this title talk, it's garbage.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Not if we are 3rd and 15 points begind the top 2 :P

I'd take 4th now, fcuk all this title talk, it's garbage.

Yes 99, We would all take 4th, but you cant knock a man with ambition.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Yes 99, We would all take 4th, but you cant knock a man with ambition.

Or a woman, Jesus, I'm a fcukn sexist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, 4th place with style and finesse would do me!

If we're in the mix with ten games to go then anything is possible:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Win the Europa
    Top 3 in the Prem.
    Semi Finals in one of the cups.

Job done.

Like most Spurs fans top four this year (again) would make me happy. First place would be amazing. I'm a realist(ish) and don't expect to win the title but we have a shot and Im not afraid to say it. To dare is to dream.

Obviously you need to be top 3-4 come Jan 1st to have any serious title ambitions but I personally cannot wait to see where we are around mid-November, especially if 1 or 2 of our rivals (United, city and Chelsea) have dropped more points in line with their current form in Aug/Sept.

4th in the league and the FA Cup would do me nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    4th in the league and the FA Cup would do me nicely :D

Jaysus, show some imagination.....;)

Jaysus, show some imagination.....;)

:D love cup final day, been far too long since we've been involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

I got the impression from seeing Malky Mackay post match on Sunday that we were far better than he could ever have imagined.

Only Man City should be better than us after what we've spent. We could have won the league the year City did- Am not kidding either, we collapsed after Defoe's miss at City and the Arry for England talk, coupled with squad knack.

Only City & Chelsea have improved from that that time, why can't we set our sights a bit higher than an imaginary trophy for 4th place.

I still think the lack of Luka will eventually be our undoing but no reason why we can't challenge at the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

golfball37 wrote: »
    I got the impression from seeing Malky Mackay post match on Sunday that we were far better than he could ever have imagined.

Only Man City should be better than us after what we've spent. We could have won the league the year City did- Am not kidding either, we collapsed after Defoe's miss at City and the Arry for England talk, coupled with squad knack.

Only City & Chelsea have improved from that that time, why can't we set our sights a bit higher than an imaginary trophy for 4th place.

I still think the lack of Luka will eventually be our undoing but no reason why we can't challenge at the very least

Eriksen = Modric (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

5. THFC - A stronger squad than last season, though a lot of talented individual parts. If the team don't gel quickly, confidence could drop due to the weight of expectation. Norwich and Cardiff, before Chelsea in Sept, and then West Ham, Villa and Hull in October.... if things aren't clicking by the end of October, we can say goodbye to 4th. Probably the most important period in our season. We need at least 12 points from a possible 18 - imo.

Three weeks ago I said the above about our chances of getting fourth. 12 from 18 is looking good with two games, two good performances and two wins in the bag. Though I will hold judgement until the first week in November.

IF, we have 18 points from 18 points in November..... I will then start believing in the title of this thread. For me, that's when we start becoming seriously considered. After all, it will mean we have beaten Chelsea - who are title favourites in my eyes.

golfball37 wrote: »

The fine line between glory and failure. How that season and each season since might have been so much different if only JD wore size 9's instead of a size 7. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

if blackburn can win the premier league then so can we!
    we won't though...maybe next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Here's hoping we can beat Chelsea this weekend, not just for the win, but the fact that we'll start to be taken seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think we're better off not being taken seriously.

Any time Spurs win a few games we get our players saying we're now bigger than Arsenal or we're realistic title contenders.

Let's just go out and do it, all the way to the end of the season, and let our players not get ahead of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ormus wrote: »
    I think we're better off not being taken seriously.

Any time Spurs win a few games we get our players saying we're now bigger than Arsenal or we're realistic title contenders.

Let's just go out and do it, all the way to the end of the season, and let our players not get ahead of themselves.

I'm hoping this season they keep there pie holes shut, it's great having self confidence but no need to go blabbering to the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I'm hoping this season they keep there pie holes shut, it's great having self confidence but no need to go blabbering to the press.

Totally agree with this, whenever we say we are better than Arsenal we end up with egg on our face.

• Advertisement

More points dropped in Manchester this weekend.

Will there ever be a better opportunity to finish top 3 (or better)

Advertisement