Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

Bar City away we've failed in every high stakes game this season. If we don't win at Newcastle then nothing has changed.
    The big boys had a year off and we are still struggling to overhaul the bluffer AVBs points total from a few years ago.

A different spin on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

golfball37 wrote: »
    Bar City away we've failed in every high stakes game this season. If we don't win at Newcastle then nothing has changed.
    The big boys had a year off and we are still struggling to overhaul the bluffer AVBs points total from a few years ago.

A different spin on things.

Every game is high stakes.

The big boys did not have a year off, they were trying just as hard as everyone else.

AVB did well in his first season for Spurs.

If we don't win at Newcastle then nothing has changed? I don't know what that sentence means. We haven't even played them yet, how could things change before they happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ormus wrote: »
    If we don't win at Newcastle then nothing has changed? I don't know what that sentence means. We haven't even played them yet, how could things change before they happen..

I think it just means " The Future isn't the same as it used to be"

:P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

AVB Gareth Bale did well in his first Last season for Spurs.

fixed that for you :D:D:D

Depp wrote: »
    fixed that for you :D:D:D

Haha. Well yeah but every manager is only as good as his players. Ranieri wouldn't be looking like such a genius if it wasn't for Vardy and Mahrez. Where would Spurs be without Harry?

Kane that is, not Redknapp.

It is an interesting point though. Managers are the face of the club, so the media likes to paint it that they're in control of how a team does on the pitch, whereas in reality they have a limited amount of control. Just cos Spurs did well this season doesn't mean Poch is a genius, same as if they go on a bad run it won't mean he's a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Haha. Well yeah but every manager is only as good as his players. Ranieri wouldn't be looking like such a genius if it wasn't for Vardy and Mahrez. Where would Spurs be without Harry?

It is an interesting point though. Managers are the face of the club, so the media likes to paint it that they're in control of how a team does on the pitch, whereas in reality they have a limited amount of control. Just cos Spurs did well this season doesn't mean Poch is a genius, same as if they go on a bad run it won't mean he's a fool.

ah yeah dont get me wrong avb did fairly well for us that year but call a spade a spade how many matches did we look average only to be saved by a moment of brilliance from bale? were very good defensively that year too to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Couldn't agree more. Managers get to much praise when the team is doing well and too much stick when things are going badly.
    BTW We'll finish 2nd

Every game is high stakes.

The big boys did not have a year off, they were trying just as hard as everyone else.

AVB did well in his first season for Spurs.

On at least three occasions we could have gone top this season with a win, we didn't.

On top of that Not beating ten men Woolwich, west brom and Chelsea.
    Do I need to go on?
    Spurs will always be Spurs is what I'm saying and if you don't know what I mean by that.....

Depp wrote: »
    ah yeah dont get me wrong avb did fairly well for us that year but call a spade a spade how many matches did we look average only to be saved by a moment of brilliance from bale? were very good defensively that year too to be fair

I agree Bale was awesome that season. Just saying that it seems to me most teams are average without their star players.

golfball37 wrote: »
    On at least three occasions we could have gone too this season with a win, we didn't. Not beating ten men Woolwich, west brom and Chelsea.
    Do I need to go on?
    Spurs will always be Spurs and you don't know what I mean by that.....

Of course Spurs will always be Spurs, if you want them to be someone else why support them?

I'm pretty thrilled to have witnessed a season where you're trying to point out how much we messed up and two of the results you pick out are draws against Arsenal and Chelsea. Just think about that for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Losing at home to newcastle was a low point of the season. Also not beating Everton was also not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Can't believe some of the negativity here. I've been following Spurs since 1971 and bar 84/85 this is the first time we were in with a serious chance of the title.It's been a fantastic season with a free scoring yet defensively solid team. Ok so in the end we came up short buy we've qualified for the CL. Celebrate that fact and forget the "ifs" and "buts"! COYS

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think Sunderland will quite comfortably beat Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

Looks like Newcastle are relegated. Should help us on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

ziedth wrote: »
    I think Sunderland will quite comfortably beat Everton[/QUOTE

3-0 with 30 mins to go, so looking very bad for Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

slegs wrote: »
    Looks like Newcastle are relegated. Should help us on Sunday

One would hope we should see out a bore draw and knicking that valuable point. However, sometimes when teams have nothing to play for they can be trickier to play against. Just thinking of the West Brom match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

One would hope we should see out a bore draw and knicking that valuable point. However, sometimes when teams have nothing to play for they can be trickier to play against. Just thinking of the West Brom match.

Sure, once the inevitable is confirmed the pressure lifts and they go out and stroke it around like Barca on speed. You just never know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely a good result for us. Even if they do try hard to retain some pride, its still better than them trying to fight for survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kiith wrote: »
    Definitely a good result for us. Even if they do try hard to retain some pride, its still better than them trying to fight for survival.

Go 1-0 up and their heads drop now that they've nothing to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

irishmover wrote: »
    Go 1-0 up and their heads drop now that they've nothing to play for.

The fact that they are already relegated has to help. But it doesn't guarantee anything.

It would be great if we could finish with a good performance to carry some momentum through to next season. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

3rd. And 3rd in such an embarrassingly pathetic way.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

21 consecutive years is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    21 consecutive years is it?

Worry about your own lot.

Horrible club .. Horrible captain and horrible fans.

Roll on champions league next season.

10th Ye finished was it?

Let's forget the end of that season and remember that run from January through march that sealed us cl football

Poch should have learned a lot from the WBA game onwards. I don't think he covered himself in glory from then on either but the summer will tell us a lot.

3rd! I'm not letting Ryan mason spoil that for me.

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Worry about your own lot.

Horrible club .. Horrible captain and horrible fans.

Roll on champions league next season.

10th Ye finished was it?

I'm very worried about Wednesday's game, yes ;)

It's been an interesting few weeks though - a fairly classic late season collapse from Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm very worried about Wednesday's game, yes ;)

It's been an interesting few weeks though - a fairly classic late season collapse from Spurs

Here was me thinking u were a chelski fan😜

Post stands now that I know u a bindipper 😂

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Here was me thinking u were a chelski fan😜

Post stands now that I know u a bindipper 😂

You seem very perturbed about today's events. I can understand that tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Very disappointed to finish behind the squatters. We still lack a few leaders but mainly down to inexperience.
    We had a glorious chance this season to win it but anytime the question was asked we couldn't find the answer.
    Without major investment I fear we'll be playing for fourth the next few years and worse still it will be heralded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    3rd. And 3rd in such an embarrassingly pathetic way.

Only us could finish 3rd in such a bad way. I thought I'd seen it all. Just another chapter in the crazy world of tottenham hotspurs

Advertisement