Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

When will we know the outcome of Vardy suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

have a read of this interview with Walker.... the last part of it has me getting emotional
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/22/kyle-walker-at-first-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/?

Great read. Cheers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

All quiet in here today.... possibly too nervous. I'm in work today but glued to live score.

0-0 between Arse and Sunderland at the moment.

That would be both welcome and unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Nice to see goonets dropping points.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Not only that united now will surely smell blood in the Water and should go for Broke v Leicester plus it goes a very long way to relegation for Newcastle before the last day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Super result there. A win for us tomorrow night all but guarantees third at the very least and no chance of a nasty 4th place and miss out on Champions League scenario.

Yep, they are surely firmly looking behind them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

now we need siggy to do us a favour next.

1nil swans giving a soft early goal away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

2-0 now, Swansea are awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    2-0 now, Swansea are awful.

Yep, its all over, move on to the next game

Yep, life allot harder now for sure.

3nil now swansea no show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Ah well, Everton don't look like they should be any problem and Chelsea will roll over for Leicester if that's what needed.
    Second is nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Well we expected Leicester to win today.
    No surprises.
    Still need to win on Monday and see what United can do

4 nil ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Ah well, Everton don't look like they should be any problem and Chelsea will roll over for Leicester if that's what needed.
    Second is nice though

I don't think Chelsea will bust a gut to beat Leicester if the title's still in the balance, but they won't just throw the game away. Anyway, it will probably be settled before the final day and we have next season to look forward to if we can keep going from here and manage to hold onto our key players and our manager.

I think those should be our priorities for next year. Spending money on new players should be way down our list of priorities behind making sure we hold onto what we've got.

I've been a Spurs fan since 1967 and I think the current team is the best we've had in those nearly 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

All over bar the shouting folks, Leicester dont look like a team that are going to fold at this stage. Next year should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

truth be told lads, of all of their games to be played this was their banker. We have to win tomorrow obviously, but surely nobody expected swansea to get anything. If utd beat them next weekend, it will be interesting to see how they react against everton and chelsea. It is all irrelevant if we dont win all our games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

Win all our games and I still think we'll do it. Need Utd to beat Leicester though. Eden Hazard only confirmed what we all thought last night with regards to Chelsea. They don't like us and the Chelsea dressing room want Leicester to win the league.

• Advertisement

Never expected Swansea too win or even draw but was hoping Leicester would struggle without Vardy and then doubt would creep in before their match with United.

They will do a professional job on United and will either draw or win 1-0 and then it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

All goes back to losing 1-0 at home in January. That result is all the difference between winning the league and finishing second.

Anyway league is dead and buried now. We all know Chelsea are a disgraceful club so even if it goes to the last game we haven't a hope.

Arsenal drawing with Sunderland is something else. City and Arsenal playing each other should all but secure 2nd for us if we beat West Bromwich. What a season. Second place will be absolutely phenomenal. Automatic qualification to the CL. Best season for me as a Spurs supporter yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It's bizarre and annoying that Chelsea are so open about wanting Leicester to win the league, when they're playing them on the final day. Gotta assume they'll bust a gut against us and not against them.

Everton are pathetically bad these days and have nothing to play for.

Can't see any way back for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

abff wrote: »
    I don't think Chelsea will bust a gut to beat Leicester if the title's still in the balance, but they won't just throw the game away.

I think Levy should arrange for Conte to be in the crowd for the Chelsea/Leicester match. To scare the Chelsea players into performing well.

It would be like Vincenzo Pentangeli showing up at the Senate hearing of Michael Corleone to intimidate his brother into not testifying against Corleone. Classic Godfather tactics. Right up Levy's alley!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

agreed on most of above
    swansea were never going to do anything only roll over and die

i said it before, utd and west ham would take points off leicester, after that its in the hands off the gods

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

agreed on most of above
    swansea were never going to do anything only roll over and die

i said it before, utd and west ham would take points off leicester, after that its in the hands off the gods
    Well let's just hope the Gods are Spurs fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

2nd ! :rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yep,

The faint hope of a 1st has now gone. It was never going to happen in reality as we were never going to win the last 7 in a row, if I'm honest I would have loved to been in with a shout come the Chelsea game but all we're playing for now is second.

I reckon they'll win it at united. Hell of a year. Hell of potential in that team. Keep them together one more year and who knows next year.

• Advertisement

2nd.

I think ll we will pick up 6 or 7 from remaining 9 and finish 2nd.

Advertisement