Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

1-1 city and Newcastle at the moment. I think a draw would suit us best there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Inquitus wrote: »

The You Tube channel makes me laughs some times, some complete head cases on it

The more I look at the remaining fixture list the more I think, hold on this might just happen. Did not realise that Leicester had to go to Man U and Chelsea who are not playing at there best are still tricky ties.. The are also scraping out the 1-0 wins while Spurs are starting to take off. On paper the Chelsea tie for us is the trickiest and hopefull Newcastle are relegated or safe before we play them last game of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

After seeing Arsenal's result against Palace and Sunderland's result against Norwich, I'm feeling a bit more confident that Sunderland will do us a favour at home to Arsenal at the weekend. It would be beautiful to have second place wrapped up on Monday so that it's all guns ahead for Leicester!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

After seeing Arsenal's result against Palace and Sunderland's result against Norwich, I'm feeling a bit more confident that Sunderland will do us a favour at home to Arsenal at the weekend. It would be beautiful to have second place wrapped up on Monday so that it's all guns ahead for Leicester!

Not possible for us to have it wrapped up by monday, almost but not quite! Arsenal lose at the weekend and they can still finish on 72 points, 75 guarantees second.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

United 1-0 up. That's good for us if it stays that way. They'll go all out against Leicester if they win tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

ziedth wrote: »
    United 1-0 up. That's good for us if it stays that way. They'll go all out against Leicester if they win tonight

West Ham only 3 points behind them too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think it's safe to assume that we won't be expecting anything from Everton anyway.

irishmover wrote: »
    I think it's safe to assume that we won't be expecting anything from Everton anyway.

Yep, might as well call it three games to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote:

ziedth wrote:

Easiest 3 points any team will pick up between now and the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think we can call it two games, surely the Chelsea game is a win for Leicester.

Putting Leicester on a minimum 79 points.

Meaning, at very least we need to win our four remaining games and hope United and Swansea beat Leicester. We can even afford for Swansea to draw with Leicester.

Should Leicester beat Swansea I fear the league is over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dunno about the Chelsea game. Depends on which Chelsea turn up. And the Swansea game is probably an easy 3 points for Leicester. The following weekend will decide the league though, with Leicester playing Utd and us playing Chelsea.

Seeing Raneiri lift the trophy at Chelsea would probably sicken a few Chelsea fans, but not as much as seeing us lift the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

dont write swansea off

no vardy, a draw is quite possible

Last game for Terry. Most likely Chelsea will not want to send him off with a defeat at home.

Is Raneiri remembered fondly by Chelsea fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I said it before and I will say it again...Leicester will not win another game this season! Also I had to pull someone up the last day about the Leicester feel good factor factor! They are the biggest divers in the premiership and at least a quarter of their penalties (which as far as I am aware they have received the most in the premiership) should not have been awarded.

Spurs to win the rest of their games and be crowned Champions! COYS

Theyll beat Swansea 1-0 :(
    even without Vardy I cant see Swansea holding them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Swansea aren't mathematically safe from the drop, always a bit better when there's something to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is Raneiri remembered fondly by Chelsea fans?

Yes- He was badly treated by Roman at the time, it was known he was sacked long before he left. He actually signed Cech, Robben and Duff, not Mourinho despite the latter getting all the benefit.

Put it like this ask them would they like to see Claudio lift the trophy at the bridge or watch it paraded 8 miles up the road the following day and I bet the answer will be fairly emphatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

golfball37 wrote: »
    Yes- He was badly treated by Roman at the time, it was known he was sacked long before he left. He actually signed Cech, Robben and Duff, not Mourinho despite the latter getting all the benefit.

Put it like this ask them would they like to see Claudio lift the trophy at the bridge or watch it paraded 8 miles up the road the following day and I bet the answer will be fairly emphatic.

This isnt a factor. Chelsea wont want to be beaten at home last day of season - no team does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

slegs wrote: »
    This isnt a factor. Chelsea wont want to be beaten at home last day of season - no team does.

Leicester City at the Lane final day, managed by Ossie Ardiles need a win to deny Arsenal the title....

Maybe I'm in a minority but I doubt it?

Maybe we'll win it before the final day they Loose two and draw and we win all three...... it's that kind of year*

* followed by a 12 goal swing on the final day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

golfball37 wrote: »
    Leicester City at the Lane final day, managed by Ossie Ardiles need a win to deny Arsenal the title....

Maybe I'm in a minority but I doubt it?

That might make a difference to fans but I am not sure assorted Belgians, Nigerians and Brazilians really care much for local rivalries unless the crowd is baying for blood (when they are playing local rivals).

Apart from the John Terry factor there is a bigger factor at play which applies from Elite football to Junior League which is that a team which has had a mediocre season loves to give a team going for a title a kick in the nuts and they don't like to stand around watching someone else celebrate.

The way to deal with it if you are the top team is to crush any fight out of the opposition in the first twenty minutes (cf a certain Mr Roy Keane). Personally I don't think Leicester are capable of doing that to Chelsea but I admit I am probably biased and may be basing this on hope more than science!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Whether Vardy gets another game ban could also have a bearing on who wins the title IMO. I think Roy Hodgson's comments(before FA's decision) that Vardy didn't dive, are unprofessional.

Maybe because I'm biased I'm also a bit paranoid?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Whether Vardy gets another game ban could also have a bearing on who wins the title IMO. I think Roy Hodgson's comments(before FA's decision) that Vardy didn't dive, are unprofessional.

Maybe because I'm biased I'm also a bit paranoid?

Not sure if he said he didn't dive, more posturing that he shouldn't have been sent off for diving...either way he's completely in the wrong - dive to get a penalty, that's a yellow card, if it's your second yellow you get sent off, simples.

Still think Leicester will win the league. Sorry to be the point of misery lads but I really don't see Leicester dropping enough points for us to win it.

It's been a hell of a season regardless.

I've been wrong on a few things and I hope everyday I'm wrong on this one but I don't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

I think there is a factor here of some people being clouded by the Leicester feelgood factor. The dive and yellow card were cut and dried and the agressive behaviour after was out of order. The neutrals want Leicester to win so badly they are wanting all this overlooked which is wrong on lots of levels. The attack on Moss by the media after for his refereeing performance was unwarranted and linked to the Leicester feelgood thing. Hodgson commenting is very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

have a read of this interview with Walker.... the last part of it has me getting emotional
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/22/kyle-walker-at-first-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

have a read of this interview with Walker.... the last part of it has me getting emotional
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/22/kyle-walker-at-first-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/?

Good article, seems like he's grown up a bit. Now start practicing your crossing.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Still think Leicester will win the league. Sorry to be the point of misery lads but I really don't see Leicester dropping enough points for us to win it.

It's been a hell of a season regardless.

I've been wrong on a few things and I hope everyday I'm wrong on this one but I don't see it happening.

I actually can see it happening but in my opinion it will literally come down to this weekend. I reckon united will beat them and they will beat Everton. Chelsea certainly have it in them to beat anybody but they could easily limp over the line too. It's impossible to call that one.

The important point here is that if they loose/draw to Swansea and loose again to United while we win both then it's out of their hands.

We're in a great position because none of us would surely be disappointed if we finish second or even third so we have nothing to loose.

Advertisement