Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

In fairness though you can't watch the reaction of the Leicester team winning the league and not smile..... from Jamie Vardy's kitchen for christ sake...... that alone tells almost the full story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Literally anyone else winning the league and I'd be twice as sour! fair play to leicester but by god is that gutting! now to just hold onto second and finish above arsenal and ill be happy, Coys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Young side with an absolute desire to win future is very bright. 3 points from next 2 games and we're sorted for 2nd. I'll be incredibly disappointed with 3rd.

Amazing season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

Season in microcosm in many ways last night, ceding two points when well in control.
    What I hope we improve on for next seasons title challenge (feels good typing that) is the leadership within the field and more killer instinct. We had plenty of time last night and last Monday to get a winner but the heads dropped once we lost the lead.
    We need to be beating inferior teams like Chelsea whilst they are inferior.
    Well done lads though on a great ride for us fans this year and congrats to the foxes.

We haven't lost since 2nd of March lads. 8 unbeaten with two games to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

golfball37 wrote: »
    Season in microcosm in many ways last night, ceding two points when well in control.
    What I hope we improve on for next seasons title challenge (feels good typing that) is the leadership within the field and more killer instinct. We had plenty of time last night and last Monday to get a winner but the heads dropped once we lost the lead.
    We need to be beating inferior teams like Chelsea whilst they are inferior.
    Well done lads though on a great ride for us fans this year and congrats to the foxes.

Our season in microcosm is throwing away a two goal lead? We never led the league. We won more points from losing positions than any other team.

Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    Ban for Dembele, but that'll be it. And it's a deserved ban. Eye gouging is a ****ty thing to do to anyone.

Utter scumbag thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i will take 2nd (for this year) although my 8 year old is so down, you forget whats it like when your that age but it makes me smile to see him so passionate about a club i love, he will have better days, im sure

This is pretty funny... Who bottled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

irishmover wrote: »
    This is pretty funny... Who bottled it?

We still need 3pts to stave off St Totteringham's day for another year, lets concentrate on securing that and 2nd place at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Inquitus wrote: »
    We still need 3pts to stave off St Totteringham's day for another year, lets concentrate on securing that and 2nd place at the weekend.

I don't think we will needing it but a win for City, which is a must or they could be caught by mighty LVGs team, will also all but guarantee 2nd.

(This would be a good moment to pause and guffaw at Utd nabbing LVG from under our noses).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Does second place effect our sending in the CL group stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

First gets auto seeding, afaik second and third are equal. although it may effect our coefficient in the longer term?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Finally the dust has settled.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Kimsang wrote: »
    First gets auto seeding, afaik second and third are equal. although it may effect our coefficient in the longer term?

I think that's right. As far as I can tell, the only difference is that each position you finish higher in the final table is worth an additional £1.2m or thereabouts i.e. the first placed team gets £24.7m, second place £23.5m and so on down to £1.23m for 20th place. This represents 25% of the total prize money, with 50% being shared equally between all 20 teams and the remaining 25% being split based on the number of live televised matches your team plays in.

Details are set out here http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1 point and we get 2nd. I can't believe it's still not settled :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I guess we all become Sunderland fans on Wednesday night. I wouldn't like to go to Newcastle needing a point if they're fighting for survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

70pts =Guaranteed to finish at least 3rd.

Champions League next year.

COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

70pts =Guaranteed to finish at least 3rd.

Champions League next year.

COYS

I know we've a lot to be positive about, but I don't think I'll be able to stand it if we finish behind Arsenal again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Townsend is gonna score in the dying seconds, I just know it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Townsend is going to score the goal that condemns us to 3rd isn't he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Townsend is going to score the goal that condemns us to 3rd isn't he.

Snap

At least a draw is now enough too. Gives us a little breathing room.

If Sunderland **** up against Everton then we haven't a hope of getting a point away to Newcastle.

I've got a really bad feeling considering how depleted our midfield is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

I can see us being pipped for second...:(

Sunderland will draw with Everton meaning Newcastle need to beat Spurs to give themselves a chance of staying up.

Glebee wrote: »
    I can see us being pipped for second...:(

Sunderland will draw with Everton meaning Newcastle need to beat Spurs to give themselves a chance of staying up.

I must say I really see this happening regardless of Wednesdays result.

It's a strange feeling as I 100% will see this as a disappointment if we finish 3rd. I'll get over it but to think how close we would have come to finishing 2nd nevermind ahead of Arsenal to let it slip away would be incredibly disappointing.

I've been positive about 2nd until the Southampton game now I I'm not in the slightest.

I firmly believe we'll beat Newcastle.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I firmly believe we'll beat Newcastle.

They don't have Ameobi anymore but still we really struggle up there every time we go there.

irishmover wrote: »
    They don't have Ameobi anymore but still we really struggle up there every time we go there.

There's been some classic encounters between both sides. Newcastle had a stalemate at the weekend against the worst side in the league.

I think we'll massacre them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

If we can't get a point at Newcastle Arsenal deserve 2nd so we would have no complaint

Advertisement