Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

golfball37 wrote: »
    We're gonna win the league - there I said it.

So we won't then? That's normally what happens.

(Also we definitely won't win the league)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Shur ya'd never know. Could happen. Leicester have looked rocked solid. Still if Hammers beat them they could fall apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

liverpool needed 7 from 3 a couple years ago and shat their togs, and they were a better side than leicester, with easier games, so anything is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Liverpool were way more capable of dropping points than this Leicester side is. Plus Ranieri would have that in mind and prevent complacency.

I really want to believe we can do it but 7 from 5 is too much to grab back even with me expecting it to be 4 from 4 after this weekend. It all goes back to the defeat to them in January. One game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Although its nice being in the mix, title is gone. Once we finish strong and ahead of the mighty Arsenal, then that'll do me. Looking forward to the dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

It's not over until it's over. Having said that, it's looking increasingly unlikely that anyone will catch Leicester.

I just hope that we can stay ahead of Arsenal and that we can hold onto our key players and our manager for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Just posted on Twitter by Opta. Form since Christmas. I've now got a million 'what-ifs' floating around my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

the head to head games between us and Leicester is the bulk of the gap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

We've won more points from losing positions than any other team in the league. For me it makes no sense looking at games where we dropped points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

By being second in the league at this stage of the year we have already outperformed all other premier league seasons on form. So looking where we dropped points doesn't really prove anything. The only one game that gets me is the Leicester home game where we pummelled them and then got sucker punched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Hopefully West ham win tonight without having to go to extra time, really relying on them at the weekend

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hopefully West ham win tonight without having to go to extra time, really relying on them at the weekend

Or lose, whatever, so long as they do the business at the weekend

I think West Ham will feel they have something to prove after going out of the Cup. Let's hope they can channel their disappointment into a strong performance at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭fabvinny

Patww79 wrote: »

and being up 2 nil at home to stoke and end up drawing!! plus 2 draws against everton who are piss poor this season.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

abff wrote: »
    I think West Ham will feel they have something to prove after going out of the Cup. Let's hope they can channel their disappointment into a strong performance at the weekend.

They also have a chance at 4th if Chelsea beat City. I just can't shake the feeling that they aren't going to coast over the line.

Winning is easy when you have the confidence that they have. West Ham sucker punch them next week or better again somehow beat them easily that doubt will set in.

You might get us at 5/1 if your lucky in the bookies. I'm going to keep a very close eye on the west ham game Sunday with my finger over the bet button

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I was in the shower last night and got to thinking about Spurs. (That's right, I think about spurs while I'm in the shower and don't say you don't either).

Anyway, you know, with the whole distraction of the title race and all this talk of Leicester it just kinda dawned on me that we are definitely playing champions league football next season.

Just think about the champions league music blasting out around whl on Tues/Wed nights next year. Let that thought sink in for a moment. I can't wait for next season already. That really brought a smile to my face. (Yeah yeah, I'm still in the shower at this stage)

*think we still need 3-4 points to mathematically qualify, but even spurs can't mess this one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Anyway, you know, with the whole distraction of the title race and all this talk of Leicester it just kinda dawned on me that we are definitely playing champions league football next season.

You're right.

It's mad how football works sometimes. We've all been dreaming of having the anthem blasting out in WHL again. Though within a few months of one season, we're now going to end the season thinking... "all we've got to look forward to next year is Champions League." :D:D

You've got to love football.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be absolutely fantastic to be back in it, and i really can't wait. Next year could be really special, and i genuinely think we'll get even better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Above all I thibk finishing third is the minimum we should be happy with. We don't need a tough draw in the qualification game and remember Garth Bale saved the day against Basel not too long ago so automatic spot and i'll call this season given the poor forum of others a success.

I think a great season is second ahead of our neighbours. No two ways of saying it. A little part of me would wonder about that Lecister game when the ram raided us for three points but I'll buy into the fairytale of it all enough not to be disappointed.

But ya to touch on 2nd Row Donkey's point. It's more of a testament to what strange season it is that I could be disappointed to finish 4th.

It will be an usually exciting pre-season this August

We are the best team in the league. 1st 2nd or 3rd. I don't care what anyone says about Leicester. We have shown the league just what we're capable of. Best defence and best attack with only one or two results between us and top.

That's what has me the most excited. This isn't only about this season and the next few games. This is about the next 3-5 years. During construction and after the opening of our new stadium.

There's only one position in our starting 11 I want see changed. Right back. Every other position in our best 11 is capable of doing this all again next season and the year after etc.. That's what has me excited. Add a couple players. Get a world class right back and another striker and we are set.

For the first time in a long time I watch Spurs finish a season hoping that we don't go making whole sale changes to the side.

This is where we all see who Levy really is. We've got a good thing going but will Levy sell to the highest bidder? I actually don't think he will.

Let's make top 3 our home for a few seasons to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I was in the shower last night and got to thinking about Spurs. (That's right, I think about spurs while I'm in the shower and don't say you don't either).

Just think about the champions league music blasting out around whl on Tues/Wed nights next year. Let that thought sink in for a moment. I can't wait for next season already. That really brought a smile to my face. (Yeah yeah, I'm still in the shower at this stage)

*think we still need 3-4 points to mathematically qualify, but even spurs can't mess this one up.

Great post and you're dead right - thanks for reminding us, it put a smile on my face too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

The thing about the Champions League next season as I see it is that we have to be prepared for big games mid week and then again the weekend. If we cant do that then its another one season wonder and a waste of time. Chelsea, Man utd, Liverpool are only going to get stronger.

The other thing I forgot to say I'd it great to NOT going into the final game day hoping for a Champions league miracle. Praying for arsenal to lose, spurs to win, the stars to line up at low tide etc etc.

*I'll shut up before I jinx it before mathematical certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

The other thing I forgot to say I'd it great to NOT going into the final game day hoping for a Champions league miracle. Praying for arsenal to lose, spurs to win, the stars to win up at low tide etc etc.

*I'll shut up before I jinx it before mathematical certainty.

We will be going into the final game knowing a win will see us become champions,

We will be going into the final game knowing a win will see us become champions,

Yes, but if the title is lost, at least we have the consolation of CL football next season, unlike 4th place where the failure to finish top 4 is rewarded with punishment of the EL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We shouldn't count our Champions League chickens too soon. Liverpool knocked the best team in the EL and City are only two matches from the final of the CL.

Should they both win those tournaments we may NEED to come in the top two to get CL football next year.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

And 4th place would still be enough to qualify if City finish ahead of us. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but I won't rest easy until Champions League qualification is a mathematical certainty.

Advertisement