Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Win v Stoke isn't a foregone conclusion. I've looked at our results there over the past 5 years and it's not good.

However this is the perfect opportunity to see what our side is made of, not just for the run in of games but for next season too. We've always watched a Spurs side bottle it when the going gets tough, let's see if this side is any different.

At the moment I still have Leicester winning the league by one point due to a jammy 95th minute penalty. You know you've got the luck when that happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Current Table: 

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
    Leicester 34 21 10 3 59 33 26 73
    Tottenham 33 18 11 4 60 25 35 65

Remaining Fixtures: 
    Stoke v Tottenham Monday 18th April 2016

Leicester v Swansea Sunday 24th April 2016
    Tottenham v West Brom Monday 25th April 2016

Man Utd v Leicester Sunday 1st May 2016
    Chelsea v Tottenham Monday 2nd May 2016

Leicester v Everton Saturday 7th May 2016
    Tottenham v Southampton Sunday 8th May 2016

Chelsea v Leicester Sunday 15th May 2016
    Newcastle v Tottenham Sunday 15th May 2016

There isn't one game there I'd be 100% back Lecister to win (certainly now with Vardy out for Swansea).

Allot of football to be played yet*

* If we win tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Weekend of 1st/2nd May is huge for both teams.

Slightly concerned about our match Vs Newcastle now, was hoping they either be safe or confirmed as relegated by the time we meet them but it looks like the will be in it until the final weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Patww79 wrote: »

I don't like this attitude. Many good teams draw or lose at Stoke. It's not an easy game. Spurs don't have a monopoly on disappointment, even if it sometimes feels like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Patww79 wrote: »

Ah I know where you're coming from.

It will test our mettle. Hope we can make Leicester feel the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We are currently 8 points behind Leicester. 7 of those points come from away matches.

1-1 is our most common away result, five times this season (31.3%). The next most common is a 1-2 win, which happened twice.

I guess if we look back at this season and wonder if we can change anything, it's those away draws that we should be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

im a wreck

• Advertisement

Vardy charged with improper conduct!!

He could be getting a couple more games added to his one match suspension!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Vardy charged with improper conduct!!

He could be getting a couple more games added to his one match suspension!

For the Dive? Surely not. I have never heard of someone getting improper conduct for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Not for the dive ... For his comments (obscene language) to the referee after he got shown red.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ziedth wrote: »
    For the Dive? Surely not. I have never heard of someone getting improper conduct for that....

Apparently swore at the ref after.

richardjjd wrote: »
    Not for the dive ... For his comments (obscene language) to the referee after he got shown red.

If true it would actually be a horrific end to what would have been probably one of the most feel good stories in years. Even if they go onto win it it'll take some of the shine off it and if they fall apart I think the media/public will do another Beckham on it and throw him to the wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Chatted **** to the ref

I think we should have done enough now for second.

If we play the last four games like that and leicester continue to play the way they've been playing for a couple of months then I suppose I don't see why it couldn't go down to the last game of the season.

Chatted **** to the ref

Added bonus for Harry that it looks like game over for top scorer now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Yeah, I really hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote:

Aguero well capable of a brace or more against Newcastle next though. That would bring him right back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Bookies' odds have shrunk to about 2-1, with City and Arsenal both 100-1. If we win on Monday and Leicester drop points on Sunday, I reckon we'll be favourites for the title. So far, we have been the best team in the Premier League this season - let's just hope the final table reflects this.

You know what? I think we'll have a chance to do it on the final day. I think we'll both drop points when playing Chelsea/United and I think we'll win the games either side of that and they'll drop points to Swansea and beat Everton (maybe visa versa)

I have actually said countless times (even on this forum) that all I have ever wanted to do is experience a real title challenge.

I didn't think anything would beat the feeling when we knocked out AC Milan in the CL a few years ago but this is on another level.

It doesn't matter what way it finishes at this stage to me 2nd, 3rd and even 4th are one in the same in the grand scheme of things (although could do without the qualification round) what we have now is a real chance of winning the league with 4 games to go, top goal scorer, best defence and goal difference in the league. It's simply unbelievable to me that we are in this position

It doesn't feel that long ago when Jurgen Klinsmann knocked 4 past the Dons to keep us safe

tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-premier-league_3451434.jpg?20160418223922

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

CgWwiUuXIAASPxR.jpg

If he keeps going the way he is he'll be our second best manager ever soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

irishmover wrote: »
    If he keeps going the way he is he'll be our second best manager ever soon enough.

In 10 years time he will be our best

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭oppiuy

a bit of a play on more turbulent times

4 Games
    5 points
    1 Team full of Heros

First step is to pass the 76 point mark, ensuring City or Arsenal can't catch us. As someone said earlier, they could be two points behind by the time we play or next game. The pressure will be on us then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Advertisement