Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

So you'd like to think that was top 4 secured today. I can't actually see that united team getting 66 points let what we finish on. So all in all great season.

Now, I know allot of us have written off the league but I honestly believe that if we are two wins away from Lecister coming into the final three games (IE 4 points or they draw twice and we win) then we have a real chance. I wouldn't call us favourites by any means but I could see it happening.

Look at the next two games before that final three then we have Stoke (A) and West Brom (H) both tough but dare I saw winnable. Lecister have West Ham and Swansea both at home. I could see a 3 point shift in those two games easily.

I do honestly think they'll do it and I'll raise a glass to them when the lift the trophy but I would not rule out (and hope for) a late collapse just yet. The most dangerous thing I think that could happen to them is that they think they have it won and there was a slight element of that today at the full time whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I firmly believe we will win our last 5 games , they are all winnable,

Leicester will loose to west ham and could easily draw with utd and Everton, keep on believing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Nope. The league is over for me. Leicester have been getting all the results lately I don't see them losing it from here.

I hope we win our remaining 5 games though. St. Totteringhams day will have to wait a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

irishmover wrote: »
    Nope. The league is over for me. Leicester have been getting all the results lately I don't see them losing it from here.

Sadly I agree. I think we'll get 13 or 15 points from the remaining games, but Leicester's results have been remarkable. They've got 33 points from 42 this year (We've got 32) but they've only let in six goals since Jan 1 (we've let in 10). I really don't see us overturning the seven point deficit.
    irishmover wrote: »
    I hope we win our remaining 5 games though. St. Totteringhams day will have to wait a year.

I work with three Arsenal fans (plus a bunch of lads who support Man U - I picked the worst week possible to be travelling). I really hope we come up with some good language around a Spurs version of St. Totteringhams day ... They've got Palace, West Brom, Sunderland, Norwich, Man City and Villa. It could be that City game which will put us over the line mathematically.

They certainly have a very easy run in to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote:

100% agree.

I can see them winning all their remaining games. In fact they'll probably win them all 1-0 and set some sort of record for most number of consecutive 1-0 wins (yesterday result aside)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think they'll win all their games, but they won't drop 7 points. They've been pretty consistent lately, and i'd expect them to grind out a few 1-0 results over the next few weeks.

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't think they'll win all their games, but they won't drop 7 points. They've been pretty consistent lately, and i'd expect them to grind out a few 1-0 results over the next few weeks.

We'll probably end up +15 on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Heres how i see the last 5 games going. Prob looking at Leicesters results in hope but i have a gut feeling we will win on goal diff

We will win 4/5 and draw with Chelsea meaning we finish up on 78 Points

Leicesters last game i looking at

West ham Draw
    Swansea win
    Man Utd Draw
    Everton Draw
    Chelsea Lose

Meaning Leicester also finish on 78. Would be a great way to win it.

I really hope I'm wrong though lads.

I'd love to get '61-'16 tattoo'd below my Spurs crest tattoo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was certain Leicester would start dropping points from draws but it just looks like fate at this stage. In the first half of the season Ranieri was joking about bringing them for pizza if they ever managed a clean sheet. They have only scored 9 goals in their last 7 matches and they have won 6, drawing the other. That is just freaky.
    I'm still not giving up on first but even a crazy optimist will have to call it a day if they beat the hammers. If we can get back to 4 points I think there is still a chance that the realisation that they will need to win two of their last three, not just draw, will heap pressure on them that they just aren't feeling at the moment.
    It is a slim, slim hope though. If they are are still 7 ahead after Monday it is all over, which must be a nice feeling for them. They are also helped by playing first, knowing that even if they lose they can hope for a favour from our opponents.
    Still been the best PL for us by a mile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

oppiuy wrote: »

West ham Draw
    Swansea win
    Man Utd Draw
    Everton Draw
    Chelsea Lose

Not a chance. Do you really think Chelsea, with nothing to play for and putting out kids, will do a favour for us??

I'd say that Chelsea/Leicester match is potentially the biggest banker bet of the season. Leicester will win by tow or three.

Id say that they would be professional and want to win the last home game of the season. Sure lets dream and see what happens. While hoping for a few Leicester slip ups, We cannot afford any.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

As mad as it might sound I'd almost rather be in our position then Lecister. I think we'd all expect the inevitable spurs collapse but now we have literally nothing to loose gunning for it. I think we'd all be over the moon with 2nd or 3rd regardless of how it comes around. I fully expect Lecister to win it but a bit like I said above I wouldn't put their name on the trophy just yet. You could argue that Liverpool were in as strong a position during Gerrards infamous "This does not ****ing slip" huddle a couple of years ago.

oppiuy wrote:
    oppiuy wrote:
    West ham Draw
    Swansea win
    Man Utd Draw
    Everton Draw
    Chelsea Lose
    oppiuy wrote:
    Meaning Leicester also finish on 78. Would be a great way to win it.

Leicester are well capable of beating united. Not even a close call.

Everton are there for the taking by anyone. As bad at home as they are away. Expect Leicester to score 2 or 3.

Chelsea will have nothing to play for, a manager with one foot out the door and players with one ass cheek on the sun lounger already, the old hope is it their last home game so they might settle for a draw

Everton are there for the taking by anyone. As bad at home as they are away. Expect Leicester to score 2 or 3.

Chelsea will have nothing to play for, a manager with one foot out the door and players with one ass cheek on the sun lounger already, the old hope is it their last home game so they might settle for a draw

Jeez....You're all doom and gloom today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ziedth wrote: »
    As mad as it might sound I'd almost rather be in our position then Lecister. I think we'd all expect the inevitable spurs collapse but now we have literally nothing to loose gunning for it. I think we'd all be over the moon with 2nd or 3rd regardless of how it comes around. I fully expect Lecister to win it but a bit like I said above I wouldn't put their name on the trophy just yet. You could argue that Liverpool were in as strong a position during Gerrards infamous "This does not ****ing slip" huddle a couple of years ago.

Sounds mad Ziedth because it is mad. You must seek help!

oppiuy wrote:
    Jeez....You're all doom and gloom today

Don't mean to sound down in the mouth.

From those 3 games I think they'll easily pick up 6 or 7 from 9.

Optimistically (for us) they might draw 2 games leaving them with 5 from 9.

But 2 from 9 ....

Don't mean to sound down in the mouth.

From those 3 games I think they'll easily pick up 6 or 7 from 9.

Optimistically (for us) they might draw 2 games leaving them with 5 from 9.

But 2 from 9 ....

Those selections are obviously optimistic but who knows and we can only hope.. I just hope that if they do drop the required points that we are able to capitilise

oppiuy wrote:
    Those selections are obviously optimistic but who knows and we can only hope.. I just hope that if they do drop the required points that we are able to capitilise

It would be great if it went down to the wire on the last day.

• Advertisement

Did anyone see the clips of Raineiri shedding a few years after the Sunderland game.

I'd be gutted for them if they lost it now. Such a fairytale story. If we were to go on and win it at stage stage I think a lot of neutrals and the media would resent us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did anyone see the clips of Raineiri shedding a few years after the Sunderland game.

I'd be gutted for them if they lost it now. Such a fairytale story. If we were to go on and win it at stage stage I think a lot of neutrals and the media would resent us.

I'd happily take the resentment :P

If it was anyone except us, i'd be cheering Leicester on like they were my own team. Its been an amazing year, and they deserve to be where they are. I'd be delighted if we pip them to the title though.

Either way, 2nd is still a great achievement considering how much we've improved in a small amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Did anyone see the clips of Raineiri shedding a few years after the Sunderland game. I'd be gutted for them if they lost it now.

WTF ??

Surely a wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Fcuk Leicester, I am in no doubt. I want Spurs to win.

WTF ??
    Surely a wind up

Ha ha.

I don't mean I'd rather they won it obviously but it would be a little bitter sweet. I'm sure I'd get over it quick enough mind you!

donkey (in the voice of shrek ) and in jest

west ham WILL take points of leicester and so will utd in Old Trafford, after that its a guessing game, if the proper everton turn up they could easily beat them

The more I think about it the more I think the league is won or lost in the next round of games. If we fail to win it's league over if Lecister don't drop points it will be enough you have to feel.

ziedth wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I think the league is won or lost in the next round of games. If we fail to win it's league over if Lecister don't drop points it will be enough you have to feel.

If west ham don't take points off them then yes it's prob over regardless of how we get on against stoke, but I firmly believe west ham will beat them

west ham WILL take points of leicester and so will utd in Old Trafford, after that its a guessing game, if the proper everton turn up they could easily beat them

I agree with you there. Westham is our best chance of them dropping points.

And then the doubt sets in.

*rubs fingers menacingly *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

We're gonna win the league - there I said it.

Advertisement