Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Goes without saying 3 wins in a row now is a must for us.

Leicester have been grinding the results for weeks. Logically you'd expect them to taste defeat but logically they should never have been top of the league in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭u2me

irishmover wrote: »
    Goes without saying 3 wins in a row now is a must for us.

Leicester have been grinding the results for weeks. Logically you'd expect them to taste defeat but logically they should never have been top of the league in the first place.

Not much logic to any of it any more, but if spurs don't win the league don't mind seeing Leicester get it, but hopefully Southampton will do us a favor later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Leicester just went one up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

It's a pity we're in contention the same year Leicester are doing what they're doing. I would normally love to enjoy Leicester upsetting the usual 'Top 4'.

It's a pity we're in contention the same year Leicester are doing what they're doing. I would normally love to enjoy Leicester upsetting the usual 'Top 4'.

Can't begrudge them the title. I'd be delighted to finish second to them which is what we're chasing now I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Yea it's getting to the stage I can't help but route for them to do it. It'll never happen again in our lifetime for such an upset. Who was runner up the year Lecister won the league will be a good pub quiz question that we'll know the answer too if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Head says Leicester but heart is still hopes

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Am i the only 1 who hates them more and more each week then?

You're turning into a pool fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

You can't really hate Leicester. Yes, they've had a lot of 1-0s recently and they seem to be riding their luck, but when you consider where they came from, it's amazing they're holding it together so well. So I won't begrudge them the title if they go on to win it. That doesn't mean that I won't be delighted if we go on to win the title, believe me I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its hard to not like them, although the amount of 1-0 wins there getting these days in starting to annoy me. Fair play to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think winning the League is over for us after this weekends results,automatic CL qualification and finish above the Goons would be great now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

tippspur wrote: »
    I think winning the League is over for us after this weekends results,automatic CL qualification and finish above the Goons would be great now.

Let's wait until next weekend before we start writing off our chances. If we're still 7 points (or more!) behind after next weekend, then I would tend to agree.

Being realistic here lads. It's safe to say the league champions is decided.

We need to win our remaining 6 games and Leicester to drop serious points. I don't see either happening. However I hope the players still fight to the end because if they give up now Arsenal will overtake.

Finishing second would be absolutely incredible. Fingers crossed we can hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

You're turning into a pool fan

Don't see how you make that out. They're stopping us from being top of the league.

Getting every rub of the green and have had 4 1-0 wins out of the last 5.

Don't want them to do well because they're stopping us achieving our goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Don't see how you make that out. They're stopping us from being top of the league.

Getting every rub of the green and have had 4 1-0 wins out of the last 5.

Don't want them to do well because they're stopping us achieving our goals.

I've been finding it hard to like any other team to be honest. I tend to agree about Leicester too. Only because some of their fans are as bad as anyone else. Same deal as Liverpool fans. Going into Spurs official posts on Facebook to mock them and gloat about Leicester.

Talk about letting a flash in the pan get to your head.

The major problem with me for Leicester is that while people think it's great for the PL I think it's a big backwards step. We are potentially looking at 3/4 teams who are complete novices when it comes to CL football play in it next season. The PL is already under threat of losing its 4th spot now. If Leicester crash out in the group stage and West Ham for example do the same it's only going to make things harder for England's coefficients to remain high enough to continue with that 4th spot.

I personally don't care if it's Accrington Stanley who are top of the PL. If they're not Spurs I don't want them to win it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Ah of course we'd all rather Spurs win it bit you have to love the romance of a team who was bottom of the league 7 points from safety 365 days ago to 7 points clear at the top today (true fact). I don't care about champions league coefficients and top 4's at this moment in time I see The old "top 4" struggling for 4th place good enough for them. Not only that it's got to be encouraging for any team that think we are all just a well drilled team that plays to its strengths with debateably 3 world class players away from winning the league

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We really need West Ham to get someone against Arsenal today. Last thing we want is them going on a good run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

arse 2up already , come on west ham get your sh1t together

andy carroll 2-1! come on the hammers we want 4!

2-2 half time carroll again!

2-2 now.

carroll hatrick come on the irons , we want 4!

Haha, brilliant. Ref doing his absolute best to keep West Ham down, and they still manage to take the lead.

3-3 damn- come on hammers plenty time to score the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Good result if we can win tomorrow. W.ham were unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Big incentive for Sunderland tomorrow with both Norwich and Newcastle losing.
    Let's hope they win tomorrow and then we beat United. Game on!

• Advertisement

Probably Arsenal's hardest game for a few weeks so that was massive that they lost points. Hopefully take the wind out of their sails if we get something tomorrow. Probably worse off that we'll know how Lecister did going into kick off. If they win and their 10 points clear heads could be down and if they drop points nerves could be creeping in. Really if we are talking about the league anything less then 3 points tomorrow and it's all about top 3 and finish ahead of Arsenal if I'm being honest.

Advertisement