Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ativ S €215 delivered on amazon.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Digitalism wrote: »
    Did ye guys get a micro SD card included with this phone in the box and if so what brand was it?

No SD card. Power supply, earphones (with mic).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Looking at it there I'm more interested in the brand new S3 at €320.

I take it all these phones are sim-free and good to go on arrival?

Mein Deutsch is nein gut!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Looking at it there I'm more interested in the brand new S3 at €320.

I take it all these phones are sim-free and good to go on arrival?

Mein Deutsch is nein gut!

If you use Chrome you can translate das Page. :)

Yeah, all the ones I've seen on Amazon are Sim free and good to go. The only problem I had was with mobile internet, but all you have to do is manually input the APN details of your network and that sorts that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I've been so lucky with this phone, had 0 problems bar a minor issue I sorted in a few minutes.

What really made me happy was I forgot to charge the phone last night and coming close to 6 it had 13% battery. Last phone was just like, "Sorry Mark, gotta die braah". Just got the "Don't worry, I got this" kind of feeling. Came home and it was still at 11%. Feck apps, I don't need um.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

marko93 wrote: »
    I've been so lucky with this phone, had 0 problems bar a minor issue I sorted in a few minutes.

What really made me happy was I forgot to charge the phone last night and coming close to 6 it had 13% battery. Last phone was just like, "Sorry Mark, gotta die braah". Just got the "Don't worry, I got this" kind of feeling. Came home and it was still at 11%. Feck apps, I don't need um.

Agreed. That battery saver thing is a brilliant.

I'm loving this phone more and more as time goes on. Lack of some apps, particularly Dropbox which seems to only have a paid app, is annoying at times, but not overly so. And I just love that my lock screen has a random picture on it every few hours if I'm connected to WiFi. Got a really cool one of a town at night yesterday. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Agreed. That battery saver thing is a brilliant.

I'm loving this phone more and more as time goes on. Lack of some apps, particularly Dropbox which seems to only have a paid app, is annoying at times, but not overly so. And I just love that my lock screen has a random picture on it every few hours if I'm connected to WiFi. Got a really cool one of a town at night yesterday. :)

How did you set that up? Sounds great!

One app I'd love is Strava, but it's far from a deal breaker. Still trying to find the nicest youtube app.

Overall I'm glad I jumped on ship when I did. Camera is also fairly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

marko93 wrote: »
    How did you set that up? Sounds great!

One app I'd love is Strava, but it's far from a deal breaker. Still trying to find the nicest youtube app.

Overall I'm glad I jumped on ship when I did. Camera is also fairly great.

It's in settings under lock screen. You can set the lock screen to display the daily Bing background.

The best lock screen manager I've found is called Lock Manager, you can set it to display the daily Bing background + your local weather + your next 4/5/6 callendar appointments and its free too :D

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/lock-manager-free/e4ad4de5-9102-4631-b315-51732d78eb2e?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone out there about to pull the trigger on one of these? I ordered one last week but then picked up a Lumia 920 instead since then. Thought I could cancel the Amazon order but they said no and shipped it now. I guess I could return, but I'd rather avoid the hassle! PM me if interested. Expecting delivery tomorrow or the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've ordered one as a Christmas present so should have it in a few days all going well, down to €190 too.

I already got one of these phones back in January on an upgrade and have to say they're excellent, although I've been using windows phone for the last few years so I'm a bit biased anyways, tried Android and IOS, didn't like either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Just ordered one yesterday, I'll post the time it took and initials impressions when it arrives.
    Got it for 190 total.

Is Anyone here who got one? Does it compare well to high end android devices?

Ordered on thursday and still haveb't heard anything from amazon.de has anyone else had to wait this long before it even shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Ordered on thursday and still haveb't heard anything from amazon.de has anyone else had to wait this long before it even shipped?
    Just checked my details and I ordered on Sunday 6th. October and it was shipped on Tuesday 8th.

I'd say if it hasn't shipped by lunchtime tomorrow send them an email and ask what the delay is.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

hmmm, 179.99 delivered is a good price. Tempting to just to play around with windows and see what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just ordered one yesterday, I'll post the time it took and initials impressions when it arrives.
    Got it for 190 total.

Is Anyone here who got one? Does it compare well to high end android devices?

Mine was processing for the guts of a week then went shipped and got it 12 hours later via DHL (phone came from amazon.it - had ordered on amazon.de)

Is anyone having problems syncing their gmails?

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Mine was processing for the guts of a week then went shipped and got it 12 hours later via DHL (phone came from amazon.it - had ordered on amazon.de)

Got a confirmation email at half 3. so hopefully it comes soon maybe next three days.

Got a confirmation email at half 3. so hopefully it comes soon maybe next three days.

You've a good chance of tomorrow, that's what happened to me -;)

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    You've a good chance of tomorrow, that's what happened to me -;)
    But you live in a real county ;)
    It takes things longer to get here to donegal (probably stuck behind a tractor)

Wait and see!

• Advertisement

I had mine delivered to the back-arse of nowhere and it arrived the day after I got shipping confirmation.

Keep the faith. :)

Still hasn't arrived, expected tomorrow. seems that few people here were lucky to get the express delivery. man i thought upswere quick but at least their tracking system is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Will youtube still not work on this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

mathie wrote: »
    Will youtube still not work on this phone?
    What do you mean? The web page works perfectly and there's loads of different Youtube apps

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

the biggest problem with this phone is the lack of turn by turn navigation.
    that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I thought you could download that from Nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

beauf wrote: »
    I thought you could download that from Nokia
    you can download from Nokia, but it's €34.99.

does Navigon do free GPS on Windows Phone?

Phone arrived today and im posting from it now. All i can say is it is excellent value for money.
    I am used to using just android and wp8 is so much more fluid and smooth. The lack of apps is immediately apparent and though there are apps that do the job,its all too limited.

The camera is great and the bundled headphones are the best ive gotten with a phone. Anyone on the fence should get it now as its only 190 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Phone arrived today and im posting from it now. All i can say is it is excellent value for money.
    I am used to using just android and wp8 is so much more fluid and smooth. The lack of apps is immediately apparent and though there are apps that do the job,its all too limited.

The camera is great and the bundled headphones are the best ive gotten with a phone. Anyone on the fence should get it now as its only 190 total.

Oh yeah? Got mine a month go. Missed 100s of incoming calls because there is no separate control for ringtone volume. No way of switching off apps. etc etc

Just hoping the GDR3 update will fix these stupid problems. Whoever invented Windows 8 Phone must never have owned mobile and is ignoring these missing items which have been identified for 2 years.

• Advertisement

after playing about for a bit i noticed this too. There is no clear notification icon either. I wonder if this phone will get support for gdr3 seeing as the hardware is up there with the top wp8 devices

Advertisement